Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Tell me, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"

Just listening to "Tell me lies", too bad Christine isn't touring, maybe she will join in when the tour picks up momentum....g....
Old 12-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Just listening to "Tell me lies", too bad Christine isn't touring, maybe she will join in when the tour picks up momentum....g....
And you needed to start a thead to say that?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default just trying to illicit some intelligent responses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
And you needed to start a thead to say that?
Hey it's Friday night, 8:15, nothing better to do, you....&, don't slam me then duck out....

Last edited by Edgeof27; 12-12-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lack of momentum isn't whats keeping Christine away. As much as I really want her back she is not under any circumstances coming back

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

I miss her so much, not only by herself, but also as a very necessary sticker between lindsey and stevie. she creates this incredible "matress" effect. maybe she is not as stagey (in the nice meaning) as L&S but when she is not there...God, you miss her! (and I love he way she is...so funny and sweet)
Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

unfortunattely she won't be there.. i miss her too, a lot.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's something to try at home. Concoct the Fleetwood Mac of your choice in your mind's eye. Sit back in your rocker-recliner from La-Z-Boy & start imagining the band -- set up along whatever lines you choose -- performing an entire show for you.

You can control the personnel, the set list, the onstage patter, even the styles & eras! (If you prefer zaftig Stevie Nicks, put the 1991 Stevie up there! If you prefer the empress-of-the-pagoda, put the 1983 Stevie up there!) You can add Christine or nix her, & do the same with Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, or even Dave Mason. It's a great, low-calorie idea that exercises gray cells & helps you to explore your own deepest, darkest creativity.

I'm doing it right now -- & I must say I'm really enjoying the band, powering through "What Makes You Think You're the One" onstage at the Hollywood Bowl. It's August 1980, & Buckingham is yelping & hooting, Fleetwood is slamming away on the skins (John right behind him), & Chris is playing her Fats Domino chords & noticeably wincing during a few painful glissandi. What fun!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm doing it right now -- & I must say I'm really enjoying the band, powering through "What Makes You Think You're the One" onstage at the Hollywood Bowl. It's August 1980, & Buckingham is yelping & hooting, Fleetwood is slamming away on the skins (John right behind him), & Chris is playing her Fats Domino chords & noticeably wincing during a few painful glissandi. What fun!
Sounds a bit crap to me I can't say I'm a fan of Lindsey - especially his yelping and hooting and Chris has always been a bit classless And don't even get me start on John! That guy couldn't play if his life depended on it! (and now I've gone too far... )
Old 12-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
I thought Tell Me Lies was a Lyndsey song!

Seriously, though, I thought it was nice enough of Stevie to let Christine include this song on her album.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey it's Friday night, 8:15, nothing better to do, you....&, don't slam me then duck out....
The Generals away tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I thought Tell Me Lies was a Lyndsey song!

Seriously, though, I thought it was nice enough of Stevie to let Christine include this song on her album.
Butt munch

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-13-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Old 12-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You're listening to Little Lies, right?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From the Thinking Too Much blog by Sigrid Ellis. The video referenced in her piece when she says "look at this" is the Little Lies video]

http://sigridellis.wordpress.com/201...twood-mac-huh/

Fleetwood Mac? Huh.

Posted on April 16, 2014 by Sigrid Ellis

It’s the fault of American Horror Story: Coven that I bought The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac.

I’ve never listened to much Fleetwood Mac, or so I thought. As it happens, I have heard it all the time, all my life, because their songs are culturally endemic. Not as infectious as The Beatles, but still endemic.

So I’m listening to the album, and enjoying it, and looking to see what the NAME of [song I have heard my whole life and never knew the name of or who sang it] is, when this greatest hits album reaches “Little Lies.”

And I burst out laughing.

Because OH MY GOD what a dated, 1980s-laden song that is.

I mean. Just. I don’t even.

LOOK at this:
[video]

REALLY. YEESH.

Anyway!

Turns out I know and like a lot of Fleetwood Mac songs. Who knew?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Crowd started chanting Little Lies at Wimbledon. I LOVE it!]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis...summer-5991173

After a sweaty trip from the station, we start off with a bit of Bernard Tomic’s second-round match against Pierre-Hugues Herbert. It’s a game lit up by the rampant chanting of a small group of Australian Tomic fans, who are clustered together and keep the rest of Court 18 entertained throughout.

Their chants veer from the sublime (“We’re all about that ace, about that ace, no double!”) to the ridiculous, like singing the chorus of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Little Lies’ after a call is reversed via HawkEye. Tomic certainly seems buoyed by the support and goes on to win in three.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from The Grateful Web]

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/...l-chicago-2015

Highlights from North Coast Festival Chicago 2015

Submitted by Joann D. Ball on Mon, 10/12/2015 - 16:37

South African electronic duo Goldfish played live instruments over house beats and choice cuts during an amazing NCMF set. Transforming Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies" into a dancefloor smash with soaring sax over a sample of Christine McVie’s chorus was just one of the highlights. Goldfish will be Stateside again for two Halloween festivals, but visit www.goldfishlive.com for advance notice of their next tour.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Does this song give a nod to Little Lies, Excerpt from Review of The Documentary 2]

The Young Folks

http://theyoungfolks.com/review/game...ary-22-5/65743

Game forgot where he was 10 years ago on The Documentary 2/2.5By Kevin Montes on October 19, 2015

Game isn’t all riotous sounds, as he also delivers some introspective ****, like on “Dollar and a Dream,” with Ab-Soul. Ever since the release of These Days… by Soulo, I’ve been finding myself very mixed on his work. He continues to show prowess with his verse on this track, with rhymes, “How the hell I did it/I let God ad lib it/I put that on Leetwood/I ain’t lying on sentence,” which sounds like a reference to “Little Lies,” by Fleetwood Mac. But I didn’t make up the line, so I wouldn’t know. I know that I really like it though.