The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Anyone Going To Either of The Upcoming Florida Shows?

Just checking!!! Still checking back to see if any stellar seats pop up, but still no luck!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to Tampa. 4 of us will be FL1 Row 6. If looking for single ticket, I just brought up FL2 Row 15 on ticketmaster and FL1 Row 11. Not bad for face value. Keep checking ebay and craigslist as well for last minute deals. Good luck.

Brian
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was planning on going to the Sunrise show - it's our first day of summer!!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
I was planning on going to the Sunrise show - it's our first day of summer!!
About a week ago two VIP Mick meet/greet tickets sold for a little over 400 on ebay for the Sunrise show. I feel asleep and missed the bid : (
Keep checking though something will pop up.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised you could sell those on ebay, since you need to use your own ID to pick up the tickets at Will Call.

Michele
Old 06-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm surprised you could sell those on ebay, since you need to use your own ID to pick up the tickets at Will Call.

Michele
I was surprised as well. It was one of the auction for causes selling the tickets. They did give a long list of rules and requirements to get the tickets. One of the stipulations was to sign some faxed paperwork and pick up tickets from their Fort Lauderdale office. At any rate the person basically got 2 for the price of 1.

I'm skipping the Sunrise show this time around, just find the Tampa crowd to be much more fun.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Broward Palm Beach Fleetwood Mac and Five Other Oldies Acts Hipsters Love
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/co...ve_other_c.php

By David BaderTue., Jun. 4 2013 at 8:20 AM

The term "hipster" is one that has evolved from a benign adjective used by grandmas and square folk to describe those with an inclination toward the arts and the off-kilter to a derogatory term of implied arrogance.

Although we all know at least one individual who is guilty of the modern hipster's self-importance (perhaps a music journalist?), the negative connotation of "hipster" -- at least in our experience -- is generally used by people with a predisposition toward feeling inferior. Somewhere in the gray of it are young people who hop trends with little rhyme or reason and strive to completely embody whatever specific artistic existence they've appropriated for the moment. Some examples include the posthardcore folky, the post-death-metal-noise "musician," the person who graduates from twinkling indie-pop to Sigur Rós records -- the paths are many, and the hip are legion.

Generally speaking, of course, one thing these people all share is a lack of reverence for the classics or anything that could be considered even moderately plebeian. A few artists, however, appear to transcend this phenomenon, and Fleetwood Mac is one of them.

Maybe it's the fact that hip girls love gussying up like Stevie Nicks in pseudo-occult jewelry and dark garb sourced from only the darkest bandwidth of Etsy? Maybe it's those infectious melodies that defy genre? Whatever the reason, Fleetwood Mac is a classic band that hip folk still get into. If you're really hip (like, one of those people who writes off anything the Stones did after Brian Jones' death), you might only like the Peter Green era -- but, no matter what, you still like Fleetwood Mac.

The Mac is coming to town this week. In our excitement, we've been pondering other classic acts that span the genres and years to rest among the songs of hipster Spotify accounts. Join us, if you will, as we take a closer look at some of the classic artists adored by hipsters.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Ledgie

Ticketmaster confirms that Ft. Lauderdale is canceled due to poor ticket sales and that Stevie is exhausted, but that it is being spun as a scheduling conflict.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Fleetwoo.../artist/735087
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw that.... WTF?!?!?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any other info besides what is posted on Nickslive? Wondering about 2nite and Friday's show.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Miami Herald, June 5, 2013

Fleetwood Mac has canceled Saturday’s concert at the BB&T Center in Sunrise.

Promoters are citing “an unexpected scheduling conflict.”

The tour will resume Monday in Atlanta. Refunds are available at the place of purchase.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/0...#storylink=cpy
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyL17 View Post
Ticketmaster confirms that Ft. Lauderdale is canceled due to poor ticket sales and that Stevie is exhausted, but that it is being spun as a scheduling conflict.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Fleetwoo.../artist/735087
Ticketbastard would not say Stevie is exhausted. If she were that tired they would have cancelled tonight's show and Friday night's show too. Why would it make sense to cancel a Saturday night gig but not a Wed. night gig?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm starting to think it is just about logistics and ticket sales. For example, I tried pulling up tickets for Sunrise for weeks on end and always brought up the same seats until earlier this week. Also, if ticket sales are truly low, and they consider the cost associated with the lengthy trek leaving Tampa heading south for 2 1/2 hours then crossing the everglades for another 2 1/2 hours to Sunrise for a less than capacity crowd, then the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta for the next venue, maybe its not worth it? IDK, but the first round of Heart and Soul also cancelled the Sunrise venue. Workers there did say the ticket sales were sluggish at the time.
They probably would have been better off after Tampa booking Germain Arena in Estero, Fl then Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl, then St. Augustine, but all 3 are only about 5,500 seats each (perhaps not worth it for the Mac).
With Montreal it seems hardly worth it to cross the US Border for 1 show then cross again to come to New York if ticket sales are weak.
Here in Florida I've seen many "classic" rock acts cancel shows. Usually same excuses, but my guess is ticket sales.

Last edited by mottabam; 06-05-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
I'm starting to think it is just about logistics and ticket sales. For example, I tried pulling up tickets for Sunrise for weeks on end and always brought up the same seats until earlier this week. Also, if ticket sales are truly low, and they consider the cost associated with the lengthy trek leaving Tampa heading south for 2 1/2 hours then crossing the everglades for another 2 1/2 hours to Sunrise for a less than capacity crowd, then the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta for the next venue, maybe its not worth it? IDK, but the first round of Heart and Soul also cancelled the Sunrise venue. Workers there did say the ticket sales were sluggish at the time.
They probably would have been better off after Tampa booking Germain Arena in Estero, Fl then Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl, then St. Augustine, but all 3 are only about 5,500 seats each (perhaps not worth it for the Mac).
With Montreal it seems hardly worth it to cross the US Border for 1 show then cross again to come to New York if ticket sales are weak.
Here in Florida I've seen many "classic" rock acts cancel shows. Usually same excuses, but my guess is ticket sales.
I think you're right. Makes sense. Thanks for the post.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ticketbastard would not say Stevie is exhausted.
But it would be hilarious if Ticketmaster did start commenting on Stevie's physical and emotional state.

Michele