User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS- That I am SOOOOOO proud of my mother!! After one night a few weeks ago of "partying a bit too hard" she went to the hospital and I think it scared her. So ever since then she's been going to A.A. meetings and now she has a 2nd job and I can tell she's been much nicer and happier. I am just SOOO proud of her!! Its been almost 1 month.
Glad to hear this.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS- From the 17th to the 25th, I'll be on vacation and won't have access to a computer. So, if you're all wondering where that annoying girl from New York is, here's your answer lol.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
JTIS- From the 17th to the 25th, I'll be on vacation and won't have access to a computer. So, if you're all wondering where that annoying girl from New York is, here's your answer lol.
Have a great time on your vacation!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I saw a video of my horse for the first time in months today. It was his first time jumping in nearly two years so the fences are small so he wouldn't kill himself... and yet I can tell he was still ridiculously excited to be jumping SOMETHING. We sold him in June, but it's kinda a weird situation.... we sold him to my best horse friend's family, and then they immediately moved across the country to Kentucky. It's nice because I get updated about his progress on a daily basis and I'm pretty sure they'll be willing to sell him back to me at some point in time, but it's still really surreal to see someone else jumping him and hear about his life without me.

]
Dani, I've told u this before, but your horse is BEAUTIFUL! Its too bad that your parents had to sell it, but at least your getting updates regularly. I hope that they will sell you back your horse when you can get him again.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Glad to hear this.
Thanks! Me too! She's so much more pleasant to be around now lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
JTIS- That I am SOOOOOO proud of my mother!! After one night a few weeks ago of "partying a bit too hard" she went to the hospital and I think it scared her. So ever since then she's been going to A.A. meetings and now she has a 2nd job and I can tell she's been much nicer and happier. I am just SOOO proud of her!! Its been almost 1 month.
That is fantastic. I hope she keeps it up. Having a parent with a drinking problem is not a fun thing at all.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be in AC in 2 weeks! Oh, and I'm moving out of my childhood home for good (hopefully haha) tomorrow! It's so bittersweet, but I am so excited to be out on my own.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I'll be in AC in 2 weeks! Oh, and I'm moving out of my childhood home for good (hopefully haha) tomorrow! It's so bittersweet, but I am so excited to be out on my own.
Don't forget, I'm gonna call you tomorrow. Now remember, I have a New York accent and talk fast, so don't hate.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Don't forget, I'm gonna call you tomorrow. Now remember, I have a New York accent and talk fast, so don't hate.
Honey, my accent is the butt of jokes on a daily basis. I don't hate haha.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! Me too! She's so much more pleasant to be around now lol
Excellent article, Caitlin:

http://www.recoverytoday.net/article...ents-addiction
Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I saw a video of my horse for the first time in months today. ....

I miss my pony Okay, end of depressing rant.
I know you probably feel it doesn't even begin to compare, but I had to sell my car when I went off to college. Parents always say "some sacrifices have to be made" and it's hard to not feel emotional about it, but in general it really is true. I, also, might have gone to a much better school - I had been admitted to Boston University to study Biomedical Engineering - my DREAM school and I would have been there with friends from high school, several of whom were also studying Biomedical Engineering. Tuition was $14,000 a year and climbing - that was considered to be a LOT back then.
I ended up going to SUNY Buffalo - a fairly good school - not as good back then as it is now, but pretty good. It's "the poor man's MIT." (Kinda-sorta.)
My point isn't meant to be unsympathetic; merely to show that others have been through the same process, to one degree or another. "It's worth it," as they say.
It also shows one that if one wants to have kids some day - and have them go to the school of their dreams AND have a car AND have other things - - -
well, you know the rest.
Tuition is getting OUTRAGEOUS. Syracuse University, last I knew, was over $150,000 for a full 4 years (many are going 5 now...) and that's for one kid. Of course there's financial aid and scholarships, but still - - - it's getting more and more difficult even for the well-off to be able to afford it. And - sorry - there IS a difference in quality (i.m.o.) between a state school and a private one. (Then again, in some ways the state schools have some advantages over the private ones as well - S.U.'s engineering program, for example, frankly sucks.)
End of ramble - you get the gist.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
That is fantastic. I hope she keeps it up. Having a parent with a drinking problem is not a fun thing at all.
I'm sure she will. I just have to keep saying positive things to her about it. Plus she like it when people clap for my mom at A.A. =P No it isnt fun at all! Ive been dealing with this since 1998!! So THANK GOD she finally got the hint lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Thanks Jannie! I love this article!! A lot of it is very true lol Especially this sentance "Children of addicts often develop feelings of anger and resentment toward their parents" =P

I saved this article to my favorites!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS that today I was suppose to lay out by Ashley's pool ALL day since I didnt have to work, but it was cloudy and yucky out!! So that didnt happen. Hopefully tmrw will be nicer so I can get my tan on and then work for 4 hours lol

OH and I have an interview with Macy's next Thursday =D So maybe I'll get another job or replace the one at the rectory. I also have an interview with Henri's School Of Hair Design Tuesday. I'll be starting Hair and Cosmetology school in September =D

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
I'm sure she will. I just have to keep saying positive things to her about it. Plus she like it when people clap for my mom at A.A. =P No it isnt fun at all! Ive been dealing with this since 1998!! So THANK GOD she finally got the hint lol
Yeah, it's not a good thing, for you OR your mom, so I am glad to hear she's getting help. Definitely keep up with the encouragement, and even go to meetings with her if she wants you to, for extra support - she will need it. Alcoholism is hard for everyone involved, but so is recovery.

I grew up surrounded by alcoholics (until I went into foster care...because of my mom's alcoholism, heh) - my biological father died from liver complications due to drinking when I was 7. My step-dad drank beer like it was water.

And my mother drank a box or more of cheap wine a day for over 20 years, which finally killed her (horrifically, I might add - like, we're talkin' "there are no words strong enough to describe just how horrific it was" horrific) at the end of this past January. A few years ago, the doctors told her that she was going to die if she didn't quit drinking, but she didn't stop. My step-dad finally realized that if he wanted HER to quit drinking, then he needed to quit, too. So he did. He's been clean for about a year now, and there towards the very end, my mom finally consented to start going to AA, and while I am grateful she finally started trying, it was just too little, too late. But I am so proud of my dad for stepping up and trying to correct his problem, even though he could've easily ignored his own issues because they weren't making him sick like they made my mom. And I'm even more proud that he managed to stay sober when my mom died, because he was absolutely gutted over it. And I mean gutted.

So I know how hard it is to have family members with this kind of problem. If you ever want to talk, just give me a holler. I'll be here for you.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''