User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

Yeah- that comment didn't sound like permanent members did it? It sounds to me more like... thanks for helping out. If you want to stick around if I can get Lindsey back then that's fine...but Mike- you've got other things to do and Neil- you're a great guy but...
That’s not what I got from it. If anything, he seems to be opening the door for some type of collaboration with Lindsey, though not necessarily a reunion with Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac. If the new lineup was over, Mick wouldn’t have bothered mentioning Neil and Mike.

Mick Fleetwood: Yeah, and the incarnation which we all know — Stevie (Nicks) and Lindsey (Buckingham) and John (McVie) and Christine (McVie) and myself — absolutely, understandably more than takes precedence, now with the support of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but they’re part of something.

——

Rock Cellar: I’ve got to ask, do you have any idea what your 2021, or even ’22, will look like?

Mick Fleetwood
: Truthfully, I have no idea. None. And then you could go, “Well, what’s your pipe dream?” My pipe dream is at some point, I think we sort of have to say goodbye. And I have huge deference to the band that we now are, but I have total deference to Lindsey, and I think, “Wouldn’t it be great if some mutant fantastic stadium shows or something actually does that?”

Rock Cellar: A Fleetwood Mac super group, with Mike and Lindsey? Holy ****!

Mick Fleetwood
: Well, we’re back in the pipe dream now. But in my own world, I know that I want to play. I will play. That’s who I am.

Rock Cellar: Well, that’s some kind of goal. [Laughter.]

Mick Fleetwood
: Well, I’m really hoping that the thing built around Peter’s legacy can go out on the road. I can go on record that that’s my full intention. And from history, never say never is all there is to say about Fleetwood Mac. I’ll be there doing that, being the weasel in the background attempting to do something versus nothing. And the rest is really just how everyone would feel and whether it would even be possible. I don’t know.

One thing’s for sure, all the components are active. Lindsey’s active; Stevie by now would have done one of her lovely tours, though that never happened; Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

So, it doesn’t sound like a Rumours lineup reunion is in the cards the way I’m reading it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On reflection I wonder if Mick is angling for some sort of Stevie-less band.
He says, by now Stevie would have done one of her tours, but that obviously hasn't happened. I think maybe he realises Stevie's still going to have her 2 years away for her own work and he can see himself sitting, inactive for 2 more years. He's hedging his bets. If Stevie is out of the equation for 2 years he's probably thinking there's mileage in a Lindsey, Mike, Neil line up. Not as much as if Stevie was there, but there'd be a degree of intrigue.
...and its actually an interesting proposition. I might be tempted to part with money to see them.
The thing that at least used to be true of Lindsey is that he got fired up if the project fired him up musically. He burned up the asphalt playing with Rage Against the Machine — not so much Leo Sayer. Know what I mean? And I just can’t envision him getting all fired up playing with Campbell or the Crowded House guy. I don’t think he listens to the Crowded House dude much if at all, and what would he do with Mike Campbell? Swap guitar riffs onstage? If that’s the extent of the intermixing, I don’t think he’d find it all that gratifying, tossing blues licks back and forth in concert. Just not his style. So what is there for him to really sink his teeth into with such a proposed project? I guess just $$$$. Rather pathetic for a guy who characterized the post-Buckingham Fleetwood Mac (both times) as mass-market corporate rock and a musical non-sequitur.

He’s really a study in failed ideals. I realize he hasn’t embarked on this project yet and it may very well not happen. But if it does, it’ll be really aesthetically pointless.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2021, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The thing that at least used to be true of Lindsey is that he got fired up if the project fired him up musically. He burned up the asphalt playing with Rage Against the Machine — not so much Leo Sayer. Know what I mean? And I just can’t envision him getting all fired up playing with Campbell or the Crowded House guy. I don’t think he listens to the Crowded House dude much if at all, and what would he do with Mike Campbell? Swap guitar riffs onstage? If that’s the extent of the intermixing, I don’t think he’d find it all that gratifying, tossing blues licks back and forth in concert. Just not his style. So what is there for him to really sink his teeth into with such a proposed project? I guess just $$$$. Rather pathetic for a guy who characterized the post-Buckingham Fleetwood Mac (both times) as mass-market corporate rock and a musical non-sequitur.

He’s really a study in failed ideals. I realize he hasn’t embarked on this project yet and it may very well not happen. But if it does, it’ll be really aesthetically pointless.
There’s no way Lindsey would succumb to such a carnival of mismatched egos and intentions. Whether one respects Lindsey’s musical role or not (and only a small subsection of the fan base wouldn’t) there is no question that he brings vision to the table. Historically, he has lead the charge in the musical arc and attack of each tour involving him. He would not share that role with imposters now. No—there’d need to be a fake but very public reconciliation between Stevie and himself where they both ate a bit of crow for him to return. I think he’s game. She isn’t.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and what would he do with Mike Campbell?
Walls?

Complete with a Stevie-less slideshow featuring Lindsey with Tom, Mike, and the gang.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Walls?

Complete with a Stevie-less slideshow featuring Lindsey with Tom, Mike, and the gang.
He was on The Last DJ album too

I don't think Walls would be brought in a FM set. On the 2018 Tour, Freedom wasn't touched, neither was Stop Draggin, Insider, I Will Run To You, or Whole Lotta Trouble.

I think those would've been more appropriate than DDIO, Free Fallin, or IGY
Old 02-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

don't get me wrong... I don't think Lindsey would necessarily say yes. In fact, I don't think it'd be his bag at all. I just think it might be something Mick would scheme for.
Mick isn't getting any younger. He knows the score though, Stevie still has projects on the table she'd want to do before she ever came back to FM. I think he might be tired of the waiting.... he's done that too many times. He needs a buck and his working an angle.
For Lindsey, there's not much he could get out of it (except $$$$).
Oh, also it might give him some satisfaction. The final say, as it were. Closure, even.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just think it might be something Mick would scheme for.
Mick isn't getting any younger. He knows the score though, Stevie still has projects on the table she'd want to do before she ever came back to FM. I think he might be tired of the waiting.... he's done that too many times. He needs a buck and his working an angle.
Oh, also it might give him some satisfaction. The final say, as it were. Closure, even.
Stevie could leave FM forever and do extremely well solo.

She gets energy out of her solo shows. I saw her 3 times in the 2018-2019 tour and she just wasn't like how she was on her 24 Karat Gold Tour.
Even when she did Black Magic Woman, she just stood at the microphone and went "ah, ah, ah, ah, ah". Storms in 2018 paled in comparison to Storms on Unleashed.
Also, there weren't any new costumes on the 2018-2019 tour. And people can talk about the cardigan uprising, but SYW Tour had the best and most costumes from her in 20 years!
Old 02-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all somewhat predictable and has been since the news broke that Lindsey would not be with Fleetwood Mac "anymore." Now in recent months we have had Lindsey talk about closure and a willingness to play with them again. Mick and Lindsey talking. Lindsey saying he talked about collaborating with Mick. Mick saying he gives ultimate deference to Lindsey. The 5 will play again and the only thing I can be relatively sure of its not going to include the two people they used to replace Lindsey on the last tour. That statement is just Mick being the politician he is.

A Farewell tour. Limited to probably 30 stadium dates in largest of markets in the US, Canada and Europe. 2022.

As for Lindsey's motivation. Some is a softening of his heart, some of it ia ending their "beautiful legacy" the right way and some is a further lining of his already deep wallet and that is a nice legacy to leave for his younger wife and three children.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey saying that "Mick is weak" which translates to: Stevie has his balls.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey saying that "Mick is weak" which translates to: Stevie has his balls.
I think Mick would do ANYTHING for a buck.

And I do mean ANYTHING. Sex with men, sell a kidney, you name it. The old sleazy dirtbag would do it, IMO.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Walls?
A nifty little song. But could you build a set around it?

“Walls.” “The Man Who Loves Women.” “Asshole.” Several nifty little songs, all associated in the public mind with Tom Petty. I don’t see a small stack of tunes that Lindsey and Mike Campbell happen to have worked on together as making for a very coherent Fleetwood Mac set. Seems more like a Heartbreaker set with Lindsey joining for a few at some star-studded club gig in LA — and that ship has sailed.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Mick would do ANYTHING for a buck.

And I do mean ANYTHING. Sex with men, sell a kidney, you name it. The old sleazy dirtbag would do it, IMO.
He'd have to find some other way..I can't imagine that even the most desperate customer would pay more than a couple of bucks to shag that . I don't think there is too much of market for the 73 year old kidney of a very long term drug addict and alcoholic either. Maybe he could stand on a street corner and peddle Stevie's 42 year old panties from back when they had their tryst.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Lindsey would necessarily say yes. In fact, I don't think it'd be his bag at all.
I don’t either. There’s no there there.

Quote:
I just think it might be something Mick would scheme for.
Very possibly. Mick is the sort of chap who throws musical pasta on the ceiling to see if it sticks. (Billy Thorpe, anyone?)

Quote:
My point, too. And for the guy who dismissed the last (current?) incarnation of the band as a . . . whatever, that would be rotten of him to do it.

Quote:
I don’t think by “closure,” he ever meant a Mick Fleetwood’s All-Star Band kind of thing, with all this pasta dropping from the ceiling. I think he meant the Rumours Five singing Rumours Five songs on a Rumours Five stage. (Personally, I don’t know which I’d hate more, but it’s a close race.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the way, nothing personal, but I’m so glad you didn’t manage Fleetwood Mac all these years, with your revolving-door aesthetic and swap-out approach (as if the group’s exquisite chemistry were nothing but a potluck meal).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
He'd have to find some other way..I can't imagine that even the most desperate customer would pay more than a couple of bucks to shag that . I don't think there is too much of market for the 73 year old kidney of a very long term drug addict and alcoholic either. Maybe he could stand on a street corner and peddle Stevie's 42 year old panties from back when they had their tryst.
He ain't much to look at, is he?

$tevie's panties would probably smell like more than $tevie. I'd hate to think what Mick's breath smells like. It's probably a smell combination.

I'll bet he's freaky deaky in that department. I've always gotten that vibe from him.