The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If you are a little bored right now...

I've posted before about my other favorite band, Hanson, a few times on here. And to be honest, I feel a little silly asking this buuut, what can it hurt right?

Basically, Hanson is hoping to have 1 million views on their YouTube video of their single "Thinking 'Bout Somethin'" in the next few weeks and if they do, they're going to livestream a Christmas special.

A lot of us reaaallly want a Christmas special and also really just want to get the word out about our fave band, who have the tendency to be misconceived because of the height of their popularity in the late '90s. Really, they're a fantastic group of musicians and some of the best live performers I've ever seen and this video is SO creative and fun. It's an homage to the Blues Brothers and completely recreates the scene from Ray's Music Exchange, down to the exact choreography at times!

Sooo, if you are bored tonight, or even if you're not, please go to this link and watch this video? I do hope at least someone who might watch also enjoys it!

WATCH IT HERE!

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Coolio video.

& to quote PoopPoopFart: "What the hell? At what point did Hanson become awesome?"
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Coolio video.

& to quote PoopPoopFart: "What the hell? At what point did Hanson become awesome?"
I've thought they were awesome for a pretty long time. They're my age, so I pretty much "grew up" with their music and they've always been way more than people make them out to be.

It definitely helped when this concert video came out in 2000 and I saw the shirt Taylor was wearing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvavhS_6Bc
Old 11-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i didn't watch it, but i clicked on it
Old 11-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
i didn't watch it, but i clicked on it
Haha, that's ok. Unfortunately, for YouTube to count it as a view it has to be watched (they have very specific methods, apparently), but thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I've thought they were awesome for a pretty long time. They're my age, so I pretty much "grew up" with their music and they've always been way more than people make them out to be.

It definitely helped when this concert video came out in 2000 and I saw the shirt Taylor was wearing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvavhS_6Bc
I think I used to have a cassette of theirs. My Mom bought be Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls & a Hanson tape once. I think it was this one:

Photobucket
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I think I used to have a cassette of theirs. My Mom bought be Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls & a Hanson tape once. I think it was this one:

Photobucket
Probably! That's the one most people had first, myself included, and the one people remember them for. Crazy to think that was almost fourteen years ago, ayyyy. Fun fact: I got that CD around the same time I got The Dance! They came out only a few months apart in 1997.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably! That's the one most people had first, myself included, and the one people remember them for. Crazy to think that was almost fourteen years ago, ayyyy. Fun fact: I got that CD around the same time I got The Dance! They came out only a few months apart in 1997.
Hahaha, same here! Or, rather, my Mom would have got the Dance. I remember it so well: She would play The Dance allllll the time. In the car, in the house on the stereo. Just all the time. That's the music I grew up with. I loved the song sweet girl and was thrilled when mom called me a "sweet girl"
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never listened to their music, but that was an awesome video and an awesome song. This stuff should be played on the radio instead of all that other crap that's ruling the charts.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I did sound for them, 2-3 years ago. I don't remember much about the date, other than their fans were INSANE for them. Might have well been the Beatles on stage!

Memory FLASH! - in that I tend to save certain things, from moments in history, I still have this big heart shaped- "we LOVE Hanson" posterthingamabob, from that show.

Anything to do with an artist, of iconic status, I always try to save something....

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-11-2010 at 04:05 AM..
Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The piano player (Taylor Hanson?) has turned out to have a lot more talent than I originally thought. My sister used to listen to them in the 90s. Their song 'Where's the Love' was pretty decent. This is a lot better, though.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
The piano player (Taylor Hanson?) has turned out to have a lot more talent than I originally thought. My sister used to listen to them in the 90s. Their song 'Where's the Love' was pretty decent. This is a lot better, though.
is he the middle brother?, i always thought he was a cutie~
Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha, that's ok. Unfortunately, for YouTube to count it as a view it has to be watched (they have very specific methods, apparently), but thanks!
LOL ok i'll watch it when i get home
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboles View Post
I've never listened to their music, but that was an awesome video and an awesome song. This stuff should be played on the radio instead of all that other crap that's ruling the charts.
I agree! This song has made it onto the radio a little, but independent bands have a hard time with mainstream radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad
Part of what's been fun about growing up with their music is watching THEM grow as musicians. Even when they were young, it was awesome to me that they played their own instruments, but now they're just better at it and play more of them (they switch among their instruments pretty often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
is he the middle brother?, i always thought he was a cutie~
Yep, Taylor is the middle (and the one playing keys in the video). They all turned out pretty good, I think!

Thanks for watching it, it makes me
Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboles View Post
My thoughts exactly!

I think it's kind of reminiscent of George Michael actually. Cool song...I hope you get your Christmas special, bucklind17