The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Name the celebrity you want to...

Bring back from the dead – JFK Jr. I'm convinced he was taken from the world for being too close to perfect.

Eat dinner with – Joan Baez. She's such a role model and an inspiration to me. I love the way that she thinks, the combination of passion, compassion, and art.

Get drunk with – Stevie Nicks, of course. I want to laugh together and hear all of her stories.

Smoke weed with – Bob Dylan. And as we smoke, I want us to listen to Jokerman and have him dissect it for me.

Go shopping with – Jackie Kennedy. F it, I'm bringing the entirety of Camelot back.

Fall asleep with – Bono. He can sing to me as he tells me about saving the world. I would never have sweeter dreams.

Just be best friends with – Kristen Stewart. Yeah, I said it. I don't know, I think we'd really click.

Talk to – Patti Smith. We've actually had a conversation, but it was just the typical fan sort of thing. She's so out of this world, and I want her to take me into her's.

Marry- Springsteen. What is there to say? He's just about the perfect man.

Have children with – Adam Levine of Maroon 5. I don't think I would ever want to have a conversation with him, but my oh my would he make pretty babies.

Be tutored by - I'm going to say Bob Dylan again.

Trade places with – Obvs. Steph.

Slap- Paris Hilton. I can't even talk about her to explain why. I don't want to be that angry right now.

Hug – Will Smith. He seems like such an authentically good man.

Go to a concert with – Patti Boyd. What better place for her to teach me her ways?

Be more like – Joan Baez for all the reasons above.

Be with forever – That's kind of uncomfortable.

Want to grow up to be like – Everyone listed
You're so like me
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Bill Hicks. Because I feel in this day and age of ego pandering amongst the hierarchy, this man would have a hell of a lot to say and a big impression to make. I like to think that they would have maybe listened to him, considering how deep his message was in his day and how relevant it is in our own.

Eat dinner with – I'm not comfortable eating in front of people. Having said that, I wouldn't mind shunning my plate whilst discussing art with the late great Andy Warhol. His approach and ideology have always fascinated me, and considering our similar paths I feel I would have alot to learn from him.

Get drunk with – Mick Fleetwood. I want to hear first hand stories from the crazy beginnings of Fleetwood Mac, and about the dreariest shows he was reluctant to comment on in his book :P No detail's too low brow

Smoke weed with – I honestly have no idea. Of course the obvious choices of Hunter S Thompson, Jerry Garcia and (probably not so obvious) Lord Byron came to mind. But they're not right. Maybe Sylvia Plath, so I can get a peek into the psyche that ultimately destroyed her. Gah...Why are so many people I admire already dead?

Go shopping with – I'm not sure this counts as a Celebrity, but Phoebe Buffay. Her style and mindset are so alike to my own that I'm sure we would have a great time together. And I look forward to slipping into Restaurants and liberating the Lobsters on our way :P

Fall asleep with – The entire Fleetwood Mac cast of Rumours era. I can just see us collapsing into a cute dogpile to sleep, feet in faces and such. It just seems like such a funny but cool way to sleep :P As long as I get to sleep on top of Lindsey of course hehe. Or maybe John as he is now as he does look the comfiest with his middle age spread.

Just be best friends with – Rupert Everett. Not only do I have a huge crush on the man, but My Best Friend's Wedidng left a big impression on me. I want a friend like that who I can be insane with but at the same time be completely myself and comfortable with.

Talk to – Stevie Nicks. I just want to find out how my namesake ticks and get to know her on a more personal/friendly basis. I get the feeling that she (along with Christine) are capable of being quite the Mother Hens. Yeah...okay...I'd also like to talk her into letting me pick out my favourite outfits from her wardrobe so I can steal them. My favourite is a brown suede dress in one of her pictures which is just delicious.

Marry- Rupert Everett. I'm okay with the whole gay thing. Just as long as I get the cuddles (Okay....maybe more than cuddles lol) and I get to be involved with his dramatic life as he loves to hint about. I like drama. Drama keeps me grounded and interested in life hehe.

Have children with – Damn...Does this mean I have to have children? *Whines* Erm... I guess I would have a child with both Lindsey Buckingham and Rupert Everett. I just want to see them both cradling a teeny little baby (preferably a girl) and see how their protective and nurturing sides present themselves. They can keep the kid. I'll just wave to it in the street if I saw it lol. Yup. I'm great Mother material lol.

Be tutored by - I keep coming back to this question and stumbling on it, purely because there are so many great celebrities out there I could learn so much from. But in favour of being a bore, I would have to say Stephen Fry again. Not only is he an intellectual of the educated sence, but he's intelligent with his humour, graces and "street" knowledge, if anybody out there understands. It would have been so easy for him to be stuffy and holier than thou. But he's a down to earth man with a psychological disorder I share and I admire him immensely for being himself and unafraid.

Trade places with – Janis Joplin, if I could avoid the premature death. She lived through the heady and turbulent scenes of the sixties and I just want to be a part of that. I missed my era by so many years and I wish I could have that chance to go back and be one of the major players in it.

Slap- Jordan aka Katie Price. I would love for her to explain why in the hell she is a Celebrity before hand though, because at the moment all I'm coming up with is boobs and self idolatry.

Hug – Stephen Fry. Because he has sensational favourite Uncle/Teddy Bear qualities

Go to a concert with – Lindsey Buckingham. I want to join him in being the two wierdos in the front clearing a radius around them whilst dancing like doofuses (Just watch Live In Boston during Tusk :P)

Be more like – I'd go back to the Janis Joplin answer for this question, only I would steer clear of the heavy drug use. I don't need to take drugs to see Flamingos crossing the street :P

Be with forever – If I could have been right from the beginning, then Lindsey.I love the idea of being with somebody from teens and just sticking with them right through everything....Being the Romeo and Juliet couple without the deaths. It would also mean that I got to be a Fleetwood Mac groupie which I am impressively okay with, of course

Want to grow up to be like – Christine Perfect/McVie. She's an elegant and classy lady who knows when enough is indeed enough. She isn't afraid to shy away from what she's used to in favour of her happiness and well being and that's a quality I need to learn.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Michael Jackson, just to see what would have happened next.

Eat dinner with – Gabriel Byrne. The man's a dream and I bet he's great company.

Get drunk with – I'm teetotal, but for the sake of an answer, Jeremy Clarkson. I wonder does he get more or less offensive as he drinks?

Smoke weed with – Duran Duran, and then listen to them tell funny stories about each other.

Go shopping with – Sarah Brightman. Her taste is fabulous and I could listen to her talk in that fantastic accent all day long.

Fall asleep with – I'm stealing your Bono answer, Marissa. It's just so true!!

Just be best friends with – Betty White. There's something inherently decent and lovable about her

Talk to – Lindsey Buckingham. I don't know what I want to say, but I know I want to say it...

Marry - Matthew Broderick. Maybe it's just Ferris Bueller has left me with this impression, but he seems like just about the sweetest man on the planet.

Have children with – David Tennant. The kids would be all eyes and teeth

Be tutored by - Derren Brown. Clever little so-and-so Failing that, Harry Houdini.

Trade places with – Right now? Dave Stewart

Slap - Stephanie Meyer. Don't get me started.

Hug – Chris Rea. His music has been so important to me and he comes across as pretty shy ... I think he could do with a hug

Go to a concert with – Tina Turner. She'd never sit through a show!

Be more like – Carl Rogers. I wish I could have his view of people, and of myself!

Be with forever – Have to say Lindsey Buckingham. I really want to know what goes on in that head.

Want to grow up to be like – Audrey Hepburn. Stylish, talented, well-spoken, beautiful, beloved.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Marilyn Monroe. She was in her prime when she died...so much left unfinished.

Eat dinner with – Dolly Parton. I bet she'd be a hoot.

Get drunk with – Christine McVie or Kate Winslet. Yaye for British humor!

Smoke weed with – Bill Clinton, without question.

Go shopping with – Audrey Hepburn.

Fall asleep with – Jake Gyllenhaal.

Just be best friends with – Nicole Kidman

Talk to – Stephanie Lynn Nicks.

Marry - George Clooney

Have children with – Anderson Cooper.

Be tutored by - David Sedaris or Woody Allen.

Trade places with – Stevie. For a day? Angelina Jolie.

Slap - Lindsay Lohan.

Hug – Martin Scorsese. I don't know... he is just endearing to me.

Go to a concert with – Johnny Depp

Be more like – Paul Newman. I loved his sense of humor about himself and his generosity.

Be with forever – I don't like the word "forever."

Want to grow up to be like – Katharine Hepburn. She lived a long life and on her terms.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Jeff Buckley.

Eat dinner with – Stevie Nicks.

Get drunk with – Stevie Nicks.

Smoke weed with – Stevie Nicks.

Go shopping with – Stevie Nicks.

Fall asleep with – Jeff Buckley or Lindsey Buckingham or Javier Bardem or Hugh Grant or George Clooney or Antonio Banderas.

Just be best friends with – Stevie Nicks.

Talk to – Stevie Nicks.

Marry- Jeff Buckley or Lindsey Buckingham or Javier Bardem or Hugh Grant or George Clooney or Antonio Banderas.

Have children with – ^^

Be tutored by - F. Scott Fitzgerald. As a writer.

Trade places with – Stevie Nicks.

Slap- Stephenie Meyer.

Hug – Stevie Nicks.

Go to a concert with – Lindesy Buckingham.

Be more like – Stevie Nicks.

Be with forever – .....Stevie Nicks. Or Jeff Buckley or Lindsey Buckingham or Javier Bardem or Hugh Grant or George Clooney or Antonio Banderas.

Want to grow up to be like – Stevie Nicks.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 12-08-2010 at 06:46 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Greta Garbo

Eat dinner with – I've had a dream trio for years. We just lost Dennis Hopper, but it was always him, Christopher Walken & Willem DaFoe. Ah what a night.

Get drunk with – Siouxsie Sioux

Smoke weed with – Anais Nin

Go shopping with – Courtney Love

Fall asleep with – Marilyn Monroe...I thought of her first as "bring back" but in a non sexual content, just to sleep with her, give her a sense of security--- would be nice.

Just be best friends with – Chloe Webb

Talk to – (ME!) Stevie Nicks

Marry- Gary Oldman

Have children with – Jason Statham (but he can keep them)

Be tutored by - Anais, Poe & David Lynch

Trade places with – Madonna on stage-heyday- just once.

Slap- Any and all women being granted 15 min of fame for popping out child after child, after child.....after child.

Hug – Jack Lemmon

Go to a concert with – Stevie Nicks

Be more like – A mix of Learned Stevie, Articulate Anais, subdued Courtney, Wild Lynch, Forever Marilyn, Silent Garbo.

Be with forever – Whomever is (was) most grounded and content with themselves. Guy or girl, makes no matter. Good learning to be had there!

Want to grow up to be like – Everyone listed (minus the assembly baby line bitches

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Bring back from the dead? Who else? FREDDIE MERCURY!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Michael Jackson, who else? (ok maybe Freddie)

Eat dinner with – Madonna, and I would tell the waitress beforehand to take forever to get the food.

Get drunk with – Nicki Minaj

Smoke weed with – Lil Wayne

Go shopping with – Britney Spears

Fall asleep with – James Franco

Just be best friends with – Christine

Talk to – Marilyn Manson, I can't imagine what I would learn from him in a short amount of time.

Marry - Jim Carrey...PERFECTION

Have children with – Mariah Carey, sooooo pretty!

Be tutored by - Stevie, wisest woman alive?

Trade places with – Stefan Olsdal, so I could be with Brian Molko all the time!

Slap - Lady Gaga

Hug – Jesse Lacey

Go to a concert with – John Nolan

Be more like – Morrissey

Be with forever – Stevie

Want to grow up to be like – Kanye West
Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Registered

Bring back from the dead – Tallulah Bankhead. So exceptional and odd, and I think she'd be hilarious about all these new reality celebrities with no talent. I'd like to see her on the stage, too.

Eat dinner with – Patti LaBelle. Elton says her mac n cheese is the best in the world. So, I'd like her to cook the dinner, or at least the side.

Get drunk with – I don't like drinking much, but I'd choose George Clooney.

Smoke weed with – Whoever gets the best. Someone from Hawaii, maybe. Or Whitney.

Go shopping with – Elvis Presley. Probably would have had a new car to show for it.

Fall asleep with – Marck. Nobody here knows him. He died in 1994. Edit- not a celebrity, oops. Ok, Kurt Russell circa 1985 almost looked like Marck, so I'll say Kurt.

Just be best friends with – Keith Richards. Circa 1982.

Talk to – Charo. (not really!) I just think 'Charo' should always pop up as an answer on these kind of lists, somewhere!

Marry- Everyone should be married once or twice. No longer the marrying kind, so can't answer.

Have children with – ooooh, no. Someone barren or sterile I guess would have to be the answer!

Be tutored by - Jesus. (Better than a celebrity!)

Trade places with – Oprah Winfrey. But when she was thin. Maybe just before 'Beloved' when she was all hopeful and looking her best, expecting Oscars. It tanked, and she hasn't been thin since.

Slap- TicketMaster.

Hug – Miss Ross.

Go to a concert with – Mick and Keith. In the 60s or 70s.

Be more like – Ted Turner. Except, I don't want to be as old as he is, until I am. He gives lots of money away and started the best tv channel in the history of the world, Turner Classic Movies.

Be with forever –I have to choose Jesus again! I'm too much work for mere mortals, it takes the Messiah's love to deal with me. And of course, I don't mean Him with any amorous or romantic designs.

Want to grow up to be like – Being Mick Jagger would have been cool enough. Bob Dylan would have been great, except I sense he wasn't happy for a lot of years- don't need that. Jagger always has seemed pleased with himself!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 08-26-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is interesting .

Bring back from the dead –Marilyn Monroe or George Harrison. I've been a Marilyn Monroe fan for years, i collected films, books and posters, because i think she's fascinating. She had so much to say, and she didn't have enough time to do it. George Harrison, because he's a current obsession of mine, and my favorite Beatle by far.

Eat dinner with – Nicks.

Get drunk with – Nicks, i suppose, or Deborah Harry. Not sure on that one, i can get drunk with anyone, and it's always a pleasure !

Smoke weed with – Amy Winehouse. No, kidding, i just don't know. Maybe Jimmy Page.

Go shopping with – Gaga ? Or Scarlett Johansson.

Fall asleep with – John Frusciante, or Lindsey Buckingham...or even Stevie Nicks.

Just be best friends with – Susan Sarandon.

Talk to – Susan Sarandon, Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks...

Marry- Hmm. Novak Djokovic. Johnny Depp.

Have children with – .

Be tutored by - Not Stevie on that one... Susan Sarandon. Barney Stinson.Christine McVie.

Trade places with – .

Slap- Coldplay members.

Hug – STEVIE NICKS.

Go to a concert with – John Frusciante.

Be more like – Marlene Dietrich. Or Joan Baez. Or Cher. Or Elton John.

Be with forever – Stevie Nicks, of course.

Want to grow up to be like – .
Old 08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Heath Ledger - to give his litle girl back her dad, and I liked seeing him in movies.

Eat dinner with – Gordon Ramsey.

Get drunk with – Joan Rivers. It just....sounds like fun!

Smoke weed with – Stevie Nicks, so she'll talk about things that she shouldn't.

Go shopping with – Madonna! On her buck, right?

Fall asleep with – OMG, the person who said James Franco - I'll take him when you're done. Those eyes!

Just be best friends with – I want to be friends with Chris Martin. I like the guy, a lot. He's funny and caring and smart - and has a good conscience about the world.

Talk to – Anne Rice...or Clive Barker I'd like to ask them questions about their books and characters.

Marry- Aw, I'm already pretty much married to a dreamy guy.

Have children with – Don't want any of those. Nope.

Be tutored by - Iain Stewart - he's a scientist, and I like his show, Hot Rocks.

Trade places with – Brandon Routh. That face - that body? The abuse I'd put it through? Oh yeah.

Slap- I don't think I really want to slap anyone.

Hug – I'd hug Oprah.

Go to a concert with – Not sure really.

Be more like – Honestly, I like myself just fine, but if I wouldn't mind being a little better at articulating my wit more like Fiona Apple. She's so good with words.

Be with forever – Oh man, I don't know that I want to be with any famous person forever. The fans get annoying, I'm sure.

Want to grow up to be like – I'm already grown up.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back from the dead – Ok, here we go (only people who've passed during my lifetime):
John Lennon
George Harrison
Linda McCartney
Duane Allman
Berry Oakley
Allen Woody
Lowell George
Richie Hayward
Martin Luther King, Jr
Malcom X
Medgar Evers
Cesar Chavez
JFK
JFK, Jr
RFK
Jerry Garcia
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Wes Montgomery
Marilyn Monroe
Elvis Presley
Carl Perkins
Johnny Cash
Sam Phillips
John Candy
John Belushi
Gilda Radner
Richard Jeni
Nick Adenhart
Mickey Mantle
Roger Maris
Don Drysdale
Willie Davis
Joe DiMaggio
Johnny Unitas
And, a Spinal Tap drummer or two

Eat dinner with – Eric Clapton, since from what I've read about him, he's as much, if not MORE, of a sushi-aholic as I am.

Get drunk with --Jack Nicholson or George Clooney or Jennifer Aniston

Smoke weed with – Paul McCartney....need I explain why?

Go shopping with – this one needs more thought & research.

Fall asleep with – Jennifer Aniston...considering the answer from above, "fall asleep with" or "pass out with"?

Just be best friends with – George Clooney

Talk to – Tom Bergeron

Marry- Well, considering I already AM, that's a tricky question.

Have children with – Taking into consideration the previous answer, any answer I give, I would be treading in a minefield

Be tutored by - For his knowledge of the recording studio and how to layer guitar parts, Lindsey Buckingham.

For financial dealings, Warren Buffett

Trade places with – Warren Haynes

Slap- Lindsey Lohan

Hug – Sandra Bullock (just cuz right now, it just seems like she needs one)

Go to a concert with – A busload of assorted well-known Ledgies!!

Be more like – George Clooney or Eric Clapton

Be with forever – I hereby invoke my 5th Amendment Rights

Want to grow up to be like – I may get older, but I refuse to grow up, but for argument's sake, Bill Gates
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

Get drunk with --Jack Nicholson or George Clooney or Jennifer Aniston
Oh my god. That is absolutely the perfect answer. Jack and Jennifer seem like they would be so down to earth and so much fun, and George Clooney is George Clooney.
You're so like me
Old 12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Being bored and all I found this thread and thought it would be fun

Bring back from the dead – Princess Diana enough said.

Eat dinner with – Rachael Ray she can make me one of her burgers that always look so good. Maybe she can tell me how to cook.

Get drunk with – Emma Thompson. I think it could be interesting.

Smoke weed with – umm I'm not sure I think Grace Slick would be a good choice.

Go shopping with – Zooey Deschanel or Megan Mullally. I love their clothes or Stevie so she can buy me a pair of platform boots like hers

Fall asleep with – Patrick Dempsey. I'm all for McDreamy

Just be best friends with – Meryl Streep I think she'd make a good friend.

Talk to – Stevie duh.

Marry- umm I don't know

Have children with – Sean Hayes yes I know, but he was an adorable kid so that leads me to believe he would produce adorble babies

Be tutored by - Georgia O'Keefe I feel she could teach me a lot.

Trade places with – I don't think I would want to trade places with anyone, but maybe Stevie in the 70s without all the drugs so I can see everything back then.

Slap- I don't think there is anyone in particular I feel like slapping

Hug – Stevie Nicks

Go to a concert with – umm no idea

Be more like – A combination of the above

Be with forever – I don't know

Want to grow up to be like – A combination of the above
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just edited mine to fulfill my dark foreigner fantasies.