Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie on CBS Sunday Morning

Nice little interview at Stevie's home this morning. She looked a little tired to me and her hair looked a bit darker in the interview. Might have just been the light. She talked about the pandemic taking away time and they briefly touched on her new single. They did say the 24K movie would be streaming soon. I saw on Ivory Keys it will be on PBS next month.

The most interesting thing was being asked about great loves and that Lindsey must be one of them. At first she said yes and then said no, he was my musical love. I so totally think she's lying. And talking about Lindsey like he was still in her life. Like she never had him fired. I wish she had been pushed to answer for his firing, but I'm sure it was off limits.

To me she came across as a bit narcisstic. Choosing her career and beautiful home and dogs over love and family. Kind of sad.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-25-2020, 11:53 AM
Ledgie

Why is she narcissistic because she chose to have a successful career and be a great singer and song writer over having a family and love? Getting married and making babies isn't the only thing that determines someone's worth or whether they are successful.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To me she came across as a bit narcisstic. Choosing her career and beautiful home and dogs over love and family. Kind of sad.[/QUOTE]

Very sad, indeed. I do not recognize this woman. Ever since Lindsey's firing, I've been unable to enjoy anything about Stevie, which feels so strange because I've loved her and this band my whole life. I don't think she understands how she is coming across right now, and as many here have said, there is no one around, (her mom, dad, TP) to explain it to her. Also, I don't believe for a minute that she's happy with NO ONE because she's in a big house and can buy anything she wants. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Sad Mabel Normand.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad indeed. The thing that jumped out to me is how she is still trying too hard to look like she did in the 70's. The hair and outfit looks like she is imagining herself like she is still 27 in 1978. Practically every interview she talks about ageism and how she is being portrayed as a older woman. She is obsessed with her looks and I think she looked bizarre in this interview. She desperately needs to update her look to sometime more current even if it is a new outfit.

All the interesting stories she could tell but we get the same ones. She has already said the Lindsey was her musical love and I don't think that she ever really loved him but was in lust with him and needed him to help her with her music and career. She mentioned she had been in love 3 times. Joe, Mick, but who is the 3rd one?

Narcissistic much??
Old 10-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to slightly disagree with all the comments so far. I think Stevie came across better in this interview than several of the print interviews she's done recently. Whether she's a pathetic human for saying she chose her career over marriage & kids is debatable. She didn't say she gave it up for the love of family and meaningful relationships. One can skip marriage and kids but still have family and meaningful relationships. I didn't find anything in this interview to be cringey in the way that saying "I had an abortion to save Fleetwood Mac" was.
Also, I liked the outfit and gloves. To me it looks like an 'age appropriate' Stevie wearing 'age appropriate' Stevie-style clothes. The gloves were better than the ones she's wore to death with the silver spangles, the outfit better than the dreaded sailor dress or shoulderless shirt she's worn to death for several years now. I even liked the darker blond hair color but agree it's time to modify the haircut and bangs.
Overall I think it was as good as we can expect from her at this stage and decent promotion for the new song & 24 Karat film.
Just my 2 cents! Ricoh
Old 10-25-2020, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She does seem narcissistic — but jeez, if it’s understandable for anyone to be, it’s her. The career she’s had is truly remarkable. She keeps coming back as relevant, again and again. And now, at 72, she’s doing it again with the whole “Dreams”/TikTok thing.

I’m not saying I think she *should* be narcissistic, or that I’d enjoy hanging out with her long. But I get it.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She is a bit narcissistic but she has gotten a lot attention lately. She used Lindsey. She never loved him. Everything was an act.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's perfectly ok to choose a career over marriage and children.

But this is a person who told Rolling Stone she wanted babies and who in her 40's talked about adopting a child.

Stevie writes and sings about lost love. She loves being in the thro's of miserablility. (her word). She has had the love of alot of great men.

To me it just seemed a bit sad. I'm sure she is very happy with her life.

But she certainly didn't have to give up her career or children for her music and her fans. She could have had a successful marriage and children.

On another note, I would have liked to hear something different than the same 'ol, same 'ol we get with interviews.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she looks reasonably happy, but just a bit wistful.
When she smiles she reminds me of old Stevie...
and I think her references to Lindsey making him different to the other two best loves, as he was her Musical love, are making a deference to him.
Do I think it’s sad she’s just got memories and a big fabulous house....no, she made her bed.
For better or worse.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
She does seem narcissistic — but jeez, if it’s understandable for anyone to be, it’s her. The career she’s had is truly remarkable. She keeps coming back as relevant, again and again. And now, at 72, she’s doing it again with the whole “Dreams”/TikTok thing.

I’m not saying I think she *should* be narcissistic, or that I’d enjoy hanging out with her long. But I get it.
I totally agree. You can’t survive this long and not be affected by it. The level of hero worship she’s likely experienced since 1997 would probably be a mind**** for anyone. Right or wrong, good or bad, the ego feeding that does is probably irreversible by 72.

On a separate note: The pontificating about it being sad that she doesn’t have a family is unfair. That is her choice, and her’s only.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People regularly have children in their 40s nowadays. Her last solo hit was when she turned 41 years old. Her career was dying. She could of had a baby in the early 1990s while she was in her early 40s. She missed an opportunity. I’m sure she had more than one abortion. Probably over 10. It’s sad.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could care less if she never had kids or got married. But she manages to ensure this gets brought up endlessly. Barely an interview goes by where she doesn’t make this comment about choosing her career over a family as if the two are mutually exclusive. This has been going on for years and it makes me think she says it constantly to justify her choices to herself.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I could care less if she never had kids or got married. But she manages to ensure this gets brought up endlessly. Barely an interview goes by where she doesn’t make this comment about choosing her career over a family as if the two are mutually exclusive. This has been going on for years and it makes me think she says it constantly to justify her choices to herself.
Exactly. Christine married twice and divorced twice and never had children and it's never talked about with her or by her. This is something Stevie brings up herself. I don't think it's unfair of us to bring it up if it's something she herself talks about. It makes me sad because I don't think it would be fun to be living alone later in life. No children or Grandchildren. No companion. She has friends that live with her but it's not the same. I feel the same way about Christine. And I think Stevie has done it for so long that it's all she knows. At this point she would probably kick the guy out after a few weeks for getting on her nerves and moving her stuff and getting in her way, etc... lol

Old 10-25-2020, 09:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Why is she narcissistic because she chose to have a successful career and be a great singer and song writer over having a family and love? Getting married and making babies isn't the only thing that determines someone's worth or whether they are successful.
I appreciate her decision... it is her life... her choice. She came off a little self serving though by bragging that she can have whatever she wants.. when she wants and that she lives in a big house. Has all this stuff and beautiful things... Seems a tad self serving since we are in the midst of a worldwide pandemic and people are losing their jobs.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She is a bit narcissistic but she has gotten a lot attention lately. [Q]She used Lindsey. She never loved him. Everything was an act.
That's exactly what I thought. The interviewer said:"So Lindsey falls in that category"? when asked if she had ever found "the one". Her immediate reaction was:"Absolutely" but than she said:"Not exactly. Lindsey has his own category. He was my great musical love". That doesn't sound to me that she really loved him. I don't think it was ALL an act but I think it was for the most part.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced