Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Running Through The Garden Live

I can't figure out why it was dropped, I was listening to a demo of it and I love it on SYW as well...Well why was it dropped, I though this could be a live classis, It can be full of passion and I think could rival Stand Back as a live performance...Maybe someone can prove me wrong, is there a bootleg of the live version from the first show out there?

Tynan
Old 06-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
I can't figure out why it was dropped, I was listening to a demo of it and I love it on SYW as well...Well why was it dropped, I though this could be a live classis, It can be full of passion and I think could rival Stand Back as a live performance...Maybe someone can prove me wrong, is there a bootleg of the live version from the first show out there?

Tynan
I like the song. I think they should do it live.

According to the band, they felt like that song (along with DR) went over like a lead balloon in concert. So, they dropped it. Go figure.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I like the song. I think they should do it live.

According to the band, they felt like that song (along with DR) went over like a lead balloon in concert. So, they dropped it. Go figure.
Then why add Destiny Rules again at the beginning of the 2004 American tour?
Old 06-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Then why add Destiny Rules again at the beginning of the 2004 American tour?

. . . and then drop it again soon thereafter. I was there, it sounded great, she sold it to the back row, and it was seemingly well received IMO because it was early in the set. Also, they never drop LB's new songs, just Stevie's new ones. I went to alot of shows and WTCT is not that well received - in fact at two shows, it was a literal beer run IMO, yet they keep it. Interestingly, in the first leg Come was also a beer run, yet now people seem to know it. So, there is a learning factor involved

I think they make no sense sometimes. I also think they should ask me before making such decisions!!!!

Old 06-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Of course not. That would be sacrilege.
You are so naughty

Old 06-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always gotten the impression that Stevie is uncomfortable with doing the new material. She doesn't have fun with it the way that Lindsey does, and so if a song is going to be dropped, then I'm sure she's fine with dropping one that she's not terribly comfortable with or one that provides more of a challenge to her.

Running Through the Garden did go over like a lead balloon in Columbus. I'm not a huge fan of the song in the first place, but I thought that it didn't translate well. There was a lack of energy in it, it seemed listless, and the crowd was completely not into it.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they tried adding "Destiny Rules" again this last leg because of the doc and the promotion on VH1. I would love to see RTTG, but if DR strained her vocals, I'm assuming RTTG would do so even worse.

Does this tour have a name? Wasn't it supposed to be the "What's the World Coming To?" tour? I've always heard it as the "Say you will" tour.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie was uncomfortable with doing her new material why did she do 6 songs off TISL on the TISL tour?

SYW did better then TISL so I would assume thats not the reason.

RTTG could easily become a Fleetwood Mac classic. That RTTG in COlumbus is in my live playlist on ever cd.

I was so disappointed when my mom was reading an email after the columbus show and she said RTTG was dropped. I FELT SICK!

Jimmy
Old 06-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
I've always gotten the impression that Stevie is uncomfortable with doing the new material. She doesn't have fun with it the way that Lindsey does, and so if a song is going to be dropped, then I'm sure she's fine with dropping one that she's not terribly comfortable with or one that provides more of a challenge to her.
I've always felt that too. When I saw them do DR in DC back in May 2003, Lindsey was really into it. You could tell he loved playing that one live. I also felt that it dragged down show for other people - but it was because of it's position in the set. It came after the slow portion of the show (Beautiful Child, WTWCT, etc.) Tossing it in maybe right after Come or something like that would have worked better, when the crowd was still buzzing.

We saw them rehearsing "Everybody Finds Out" in the Doc, which I always felt would be a huge song live - even for a possible encore. I'm willing to bet that Stevie wanted to nix that one (pun intended, hehe) for similar reasons as the rest, that she just can't do it justice.

And personally it sort of annoys me, because I'd like to hear a lot more Lindsey stuff from the new album. It's almost not fair in a way (?) because I feel like he wants to play so much stuff but because Stevie's aren't going over, he can't. It may not be the case, but that's how I feel. I still am dying to hear 'Miranda' - which I think would make a great opener for the new songs (place it after IKINW in the set, THEN do Peacekeeper) as well as SYHA, RTTG, or EFO.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 06-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
If Stevie was uncomfortable with doing her new material why did she do 6 songs off TISL on the TISL tour?
Probably for the same reason that she dropped that number down to three by the time she wrapped up the tour in California.
Quote:
SYW did better then TISL so I would assume thats not the reason.
I think Stevie's profoundly uncomfortable with adding what she considers too much new material to a concert set. Her comfort zone seems to be adding two or three new songs to a standard set. For the majority of shows on this tour, those songs are Say You Will & Goodbye Baby.
Quote:
RTTG could easily become a Fleetwood Mac classic.
De gustibus & all that. . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM and Stevie (probably because she tours far more than LB or CM) seem to drop songs as the tours progress. Regarding TISL, I think she dropped that many because of the vocal issues she experienced on that tour. But, she dropped in just about every other tour as well so

Old 06-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Probably for the same reason that she dropped that number down to three by the time she wrapped up the tour in California.
Nah. Four of the new songs made it through the whole tour (Sorcerer, Every Day, TFFT & FFG). Planets Of The Universe disappeared in the last couple of shows & Bombay Sapphires was dropped midway.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love RTTG.
I think that on this tour Stevie and Lindsey want to perform only songs they've written themselves.

- Jake
Old 06-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley

Running Through the Garden did go over like a lead balloon in Columbus. I'm not a huge fan of the song in the first place, but I thought that it didn't translate well. There was a lack of energy in it, it seemed listless, and the crowd was completely not into it.
I agree. I think it could have been done better, if given the chance. Woth 10 musicians on stage, the song certainly could have rocked.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
I think her good friend Sheryl Crow and to a certain extent Waddy were urging her in that direction. It was a good idea IMO.