The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Question Live in Boston (2004 Soundstage)

Hey guys, a lil favour to ask. I've still got the CD/DVD set for this show, but I don't have it on my computer backup. I've nearly moved away from all things physical media. Can someone help me with a 720p or 1080p file for this concert?

Also trying to do the same thing with Buckingham's Soundstage show from 2005. Both DVD covers attached so you know which shows i'm referring to. Any help out there? Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LiveBoston_Cover.jpg (70.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Buckingham_2005 show.jpg (76.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Hey guys, a lil favour to ask. I've still got the CD/DVD set for this show, but I don't have it on my computer backup. I've nearly moved away from all things physical media. Can someone help me with a 720p or 1080p file for this concert?

Also trying to do the same thing with Buckingham's Soundstage show from 2005. Both DVD covers attached so you know which shows i'm referring to. Any help out there? Thanks in advance
FM Boston is here in two parts: http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/downloads/

I'll post LB Soundstage later today.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
FM Boston is here in two parts: http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/downloads/

I'll post LB Soundstage later today.
Hey cbBen, thanks for that.

you know, I must be blind but I've clicked the "concerts" link and I don't seem to see the LIB show. There's heaps of other concerts in there.... am I blind?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you see it here?: https://mega.nz/#F!pVgCgZJT!mybYOVisJpOpAobP1TsiHw

5th line from the bottom, all the way to the right = part 1
4th line from the bottom, all the way to the left = part 2
Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LB Soundstage: https://we.tl/t-iJVfXGNsdz
Old 02-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Do you see it here?: https://mega.nz/#F!pVgCgZJT!mybYOVisJpOpAobP1TsiHw

5th line from the bottom, all the way to the right = part 1
4th line from the bottom, all the way to the left = part 2
Got it! Thank ya matey

You know, seeing this stuff, I really really wish they could do something nicer with The Dance... widescreen, HD, something...
Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sweet! Is this the blu-ray rip? (I only ask because I'm in New Zealand and we have limited data before I download it)
Old 02-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, DVD (886 MB).
Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sadly the Boston concert was broadbast in HD but never relased in HD. It was also only ever released in Letterbox. Which makes it even lower quality since many lines are wasted on letterbox bars at top and bottom. It is sometimes shown in HD though. I think is was on a couple yeara ago on a cable station. The HD exists somewhere but with no Christine and little interest in this era of FM i doubt anyone would bother releasing it again.

The Dance was filmed direct to tape and edited on tape and exists only on tape. It was not filmed on FILM cameras. Worse still if was filmed on standard cameras of the late 1990s and therefore “standard definition”. Worse still ALL was filmed in 4:3 academy standard TV ratio. So if they did happen to do a new transfer to BluRay it would be 4:3 unless they CHOP the top and bottom of the screen or do some terrible Zoom with a pan and scan to make it look Widescreen. That would amplify the low resolution of the original Video source and even grainier. however a simple transfer from the original tape to Bluray might look nicer than the DVD, but not hy much and certinaly never 4K. This would more likely be the case as it was the last time the whole band was filmed together and they were comparativly more or less in their Prime compared to... well... now.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
This would more likely be the case as it was the last time the whole band was filmed together and they were comparativly more or less in their Prime compared to... well... now.
I'm sure there is more concert film of the full band since then. The full Isle of Wight 2015 performance probably exists but judging from the three songs that were aired, the vocals were pretty dire that night for all three of them. The Musicares concert was definitely filmed but it's doubtful it will ever see the light of day sadly, given the circumstances. It's a shame too because I have some of the Musicares DVDs (McCartney, Springsteen, Carole King) and they do really great tributes.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly the Boston concert was broadbast in HD but never relased in HD. It was also only ever released in Letterbox. Which makes it even lower quality since many lines are wasted on letterbox bars at top and bottom.

Quote:
The Dance was filmed direct to tape and edited on tape and exists only on tape. It was not filmed on FILM cameras. Worse still it was filmed on standard cameras of the late 1990s and therefore “standard definition”. Worse still ALL was filmed in 4:3 standard TV ratio. So if they did happen to do a new transfer to BluRay it would be 4:3 unless they CHOP the top and bottom of the screen or do some terrible Zoom with a pan and scan to make it look Widescreen.
Such a pity. I am baffled that they didn't have the foresight to film it in widescreen.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

Such a pity. I am baffled that they didn't have the foresight to film it in widescreen.
All TVs were Square until early 2000s. There was no need to film to VHS in widescreen. Nothing produced for TV was wide ratio unless it was filmed on film stock movie type film film then scanned into video. Everything from the begining of TV until shows started to be made Wide for the HD standard that started in early 2000s were square ratio.

Occasionally you will see shows that were filmed using actual FILM rescanned and make to sorta look ok on Wide ratio TV. But a show like Star Trek The next Generation which was filmed on film they went back several years ago and rescanned the physical film and upgraded to HD but stayed Square because it would have Chopped too much.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
I'm sure there is more concert film of the full band since then. The full Isle of Wight 2015 performance probably exists but judging from the three songs that were aired, the vocals were pretty dire that night for all three of them. The Musicares concert was definitely filmed but it's doubtful it will ever see the light of day sadly, given the circumstances. It's a shame too because I have some of the Musicares DVDs (McCartney, Springsteen, Carole King) and they do really great tributes.

haha. Like I said... together AND in good voice. Stevie had at least a range in 1997. Christine at least played her piano and didn't mime.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine at least played her piano and didn't mime.
I found it odd that the Buckingham McVie touring band included a keyboard player.

Has she been miming since 2014? What happened?
Old 02-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I found it odd that the Buckingham McVie touring band included a keyboard player.

Has she been miming since 2014? What happened?
They've had backing keyboard players for DECADES. I got yelled at by security during the Tango tour, for snooping, where I could get a glimpse of a wall of keyboards off the side of the stage, behind a curtain.

But as far as BuckVie, it would have to be either arthritis or mild dementia. Maybe a combination? But yeah, she wasn't playing much more than just holding chords.