User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nobody denies that though. Lindsey doesn't, and FM / LB fans do not either. Lindsey said he would probably never be writing music if Stevie didn't want him to. he was perfectly happy to just play music. he would have probably end up being a guitarist and singer in some other band if he didn't join FM. maybe he wouldn't have been as successful, or maybe he'd be way more recognized as a guitarist (and maybe producer?), and had a happier life if he did that.
And he wouldn't have written the songs he did.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nobody denies that though. Lindsey doesn't, and FM / LB fans do not either. Lindsey said he would probably never be writing music if Stevie didn't want him to. he was perfectly happy to just play music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And he wouldn't have written the songs he did.
right.

possibly wouldn't have written any songs, in fact.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Without Lindsey, Stevie would have never been a part of FM, and that's what her and her fans despise the most. That's the thorn on their side.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
That doesn’t make it any less true.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Without Stevie, Lindsey would never have been part of Fleetwood Mac either:

1. No record contract for Lindsey without Stevie (certainly not in time for the FM opening).
2. No "Frozen Love" solo to attract Mick's interest without Stevie.
3. Lindsey likely turns down the offer to join without Stevie's advice to take it.
And he probably would have been part of another band or pursue his career as a solo guitarist. And his guitar style would have caught Mick’s attention whether he was singing “Frozen Love” with Stevie or with, let’s say, Linda Ronstadt. That “package deal” thing will follow him until his last days. He already expressed his regret about it.

Stevie won the lottery with FM.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He already expressed his regret about it.
Do you have a source for this? FM would have gone relatively nowhere without Stevie.

Quote:
Stevie won the lottery with FM.
They both did.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you have a source for this? FM would have gone relatively nowhere without Stevie.

They both did.
The primary need Mick had was for Fleetwood Mac to keep going, which started with a guitarist. Lindsey’s playing is what initially got Mick’s attention. However, all Mick ever talks about was Lindsey’s playing as the reason he wanted him. I’m not sure Mick necessarily associated anything other than guitar player with Lindsey and may have been prepared to also look for a singer-songwriter.

Once the equation of Buckingham Nicks was explained, Mick was fine with it, pending Christine’s approval of having another woman in the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Source? About what? He said: "and look where that got me" in one of the FM concerts in 2013 before Christine came back, in one of her looooong Gypsy speeches, and that was his answer when she mentioned the famous "package deal".

Quote:
They both did.
Stevie wanted to win the lottery. That's all she could talk about once they joined the group.

Lindsey wanted to make his music. Big difference.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Source? About what? He said: "and look where that got me" in one of the FM concerts in 2013 before Christine came back, in one of her looooong Gypsy speeches, and that was his answer when she mentioned the famous "package deal".

Stevie wanted to win the lottery. That's all she could talk about once they joined the group.

Lindsey wanted to make his music. Big difference.
I ho estly cannot believe how much you adore him and continuously assert he is perfection personified. At least three times a day, on this forum!
Old 02-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I ho estly cannot believe how much you adore him and continuously assert he is perfection personified. At least three times a day, on this forum!
At least I’m not part of any cult...

My ignore list is getting bigger and bigger.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He said: "and look where that got me" in one of the FM concerts in 2013 before Christine came back, in one of her looooong Gypsy speeches, and that was his answer when she mentioned the famous "package deal"
I don't know which shows you were at, but when I heard him say that, it was clearly in jest.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least I’m not part of any cult...

My ignore list is getting bigger and bigger.
I will let this speak for itself LOL
Old 02-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
"Red Sun" would be a killer FM song. On Buck Vie-the only song I missed Stevie on is "Red Sun"
Stevie would have fitted most songs on BuckVie - especially Carnival Begin and Red Sun, in the mould of Think About Me.

Such a shame it never happened.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't like the engineering on most of the album. The treble is bolstered over the bottom end, the sonics are so overcompressed that your ears ring, the layering is too busy (things aren't delineated the way they were on Rumours and Mirage), the drums are weak (which might be a result of emptying out the bottom end), the panning is amateurish, and the cheesy phaser effects don't need to be there at all. Sounds like the entire damn thing was mixed by guys wearing headphones. (For Rumours, they mixed with top-quality speakers.) Say You Will doesn't lie across the entire stereo spectrum cleanly like the old Dashut and Caillat work. When you listen to it, you have to EQ it track by track to your liking—and that's only a partial fix. (The album totally sucks in the tightly confined cabin of your car, as you may have noticed.)

Too much clutter on each track, too, probably a result of high-processing computers with all their bits and bytes. Every hole is filled in with data.
Is that the Rumours with the drum sounds of cardboard and vocals that sound like they were recorded miles away from the microphone?