The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay I am starting a thread as we speak about this in the Chit Chat Forum - You and me Stew - now

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default You must be kidding...

I typically don't post on message boards, I simply enjoy reading what fans are talking about, but I couldn't not put my 2 cents in...

If I were Lindsey or Stevie I would be livid right now. Dontlookdown has no information that says Lindsey or Stevie support ANY candidate. I know for a fact that neither of them have made any statement or comment regarding the election, and certainly not a statement supporting any particular candidate. Dontlookdown is using their names. Simple as that.

Dontlookdown is spotlighting what's really disgusting about politics...

There are 2000 people on this message board, and the majority of them most likely adore Lindsey and Stevie. Dontlookdown supports Kerry, which is all fine and good, but to blatantly lie, to make a comment that is meant to make people believe that Lindsey and Stevie specifically support Kerry, in order to gain a few uneducated votes, makes me ill.

Dontlookdown is hoping to find people on this message board who would vote to put someone in office solely based on the fact that Lindsey and Stevie think you should.
Which is a lie. But even if it were so, I'm pleased to see that people on The Ledge are informed and intelligent enough to vote based on politics, and not on what their favorite musicians do and say.

Fleetwood Mac performed for Clinton, true. But it wasn't a Democrat issue, it was an American issue. There's nothing wrong with discussing and speculating who people like Lindsey and Stevie support, but dontlookdown should keep his/her "facts" to his/herself and quit trying to persuade people with false information.

There's my 2 cents.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I simply stated that I was supporting Kerry and encouraged others to look into his campaign.

I also simply stated that Buckingham and Nicks are supporting the Democrats. I did not say that they were supporting Kerry. I titled my post Fleetwood Mac fans for Kerry.

Please read carefully before you react and make blanket statements Mr. mhxx77. You're behaving like a Republican!

Since I was a kid, Fleetwood Mac, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Warren Zevon, Jackson Browne, the Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen and tons of other great bands have been active in Democratic political events locally here in Southern California.
If that makes you angry and you want to remain in denial about it and about our country - then do so. You've got the whole right wing of this country basking in denial so you won't be alone....
Old 01-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dontlookdown
apolitical.
What does this word mean?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
What does this word mean?
Christopher, "apolitical" means that someone has no interest in, or opinion on, politics.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Christopher, "apolitical" means that someone has no interest in, or opinion on, politics.
Then that would be me. I don't have the slightest idea what the difference is between a republican or a democrat.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Then that would be me. I don't have the slightest idea what the difference is between a republican or a democrat.
If you're old enough to vote and don't want to get drafted in the next couple of years, you might want to find out.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't have the slightest idea what the difference is between a republican or a democrat.
In some ways that's a good thing... because many people use political opinions to marginalize folks into "us vs. them."

At the same time though, it is good to be at least somewhat informed about what's going on in the political world, as these things will affect your future.

But for now, just enjoy being a teenager... then when you're old enough to vote, start paying more attention to politics. Even if it's just enough to form an opinion.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Since I was a kid, Fleetwood Mac, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Warren Zevon, Jackson Browne, the Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen and tons of other great bands have been active in Democratic political events locally here in Southern California.
At one point Fleetwood Mac did a fundraiser for Birch Bayh in the late 70's. It might have been when he was running for the Democaratic nomination in '76.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
If you're old enough to vote and don't want to get drafted in the next couple of years, you might want to find out.
Well I will be old enough to vote in a few years... would someone mind enlightening me on what the difference is between democrats and republicans. I was overexagerating a little. I know a couple of differences, but would someone mind explaining?

And why would I get drafted? Are we going to war or something? And since I don't beleive in violence, do "they" really have the right to force me to fight in a war?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: FLEETWOOD MAC fans for KERRY

Quote:

Please join Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and show your support for the Democrats on your state's primary day.
This seems a pretty bogus way to attract voters to Kerry or the Democratic party. It's obvious from this statement you're hoping some naive Fleetwood Mac fans would be convinced to vote Democratic because their heros do. Or was this simply a feeble attempt to excuse putting forward your political views in the Fleetwood Mac forum instead of Chit Chat where it belongs? Regardless, why not let THEM declare themselves affilated with a party instead of doing it for them?

And I agree with Sharon. Vote for whom you believe is the best candidate, not for whomever someone tells you Stevie and Lindsey would vote for.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-28-2004 at 09:13 PM..
Old 01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait a minute, elaborate more on this drafted thing. I thought that was gone since like after vietnom. It's not being used now. And which party wants a draft. This is news to me.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well I will be old enough to vote in a few years... would someone mind enlightening me on what the difference is between democrats and republicans. I was overexagerating a little. I know a couple of differences, but would someone mind explaining?

And why would I get drafted? Are we going to war or something? And since I don't beleive in violence, do "they" really have the right to force me to fight in a war?
It's great that you want to know more, but I advise going to the Chit Chat forum to ask your questions. I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
Wait a minute, elaborate more on this drafted thing. I thought that was gone since like after vietnom. It's not being used now. And which party wants a draft. This is news to me.
I agree, how did this whole drafted thing come up? I haven't heard anything about this...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShamHy89
I'm totally for Kerry in this election, but I can't vote for another several years so I'll be cheering along anyways.

Shamus
Good Lord, don't I know the pain of that. I've gotten so interested in this election, almost obsessively. Unfortunately, I won't turn eighteen until December 19th! I'm going to cry...

Note: Shouldn't this be on the Chit Chat board?

To actually answer the question of the topic. KERRY ROCKS!!!