The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was reading the news paper a while back, and I remember reading a thing about a family from Africa (maybe they were middle eastern?) or something moving into town, and one of their children was named Sham Poo. I just had to when I read that! As for names like 'Benadryl' or 'Rainbow Trout', I think thats ridiculous, and lazy on the part of the parents.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry but the worse name to ever give a child? This guy used to come in and buy chemicals for his pool all the time. He was kind of a nerd but he was very nice. So the first time he comes in, I get him a bunch of stuff and he takes it up to the counter and pays. He hands me his credit card...and I just about died on the spot. His name? Harry Sacks. I'm so sorry but that is just a cruel fate to deal your child. I hope he doesn't have a son and name him Harry Sacks V 2.0
Old 02-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm sorry but the worse name to ever give a child? This guy used to come in and buy chemicals for his pool all the time. He was kind of a nerd but he was very nice. So the first time he comes in, I get him a bunch of stuff and he takes it up to the counter and pays. He hands me his credit card...and I just about died on the spot. His name? Harry Sacks. I'm so sorry but that is just a cruel fate to deal your child. I hope he doesn't have a son and name him Harry Sacks V 2.0
That reminds me of a story my dad once told me. One of his friends in high school was named Harry Cave, and he's been quoted as saying he'd heard just about every joke there was. Poor guy...
Old 02-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went to school with a girl named Electrona. A distant cousin named her daughter Raina. That doesn't really sound that bad but she and her husband got the idea when they went to eat at Red Lobster and saw the daily special "Rainbow Trout" on the menu and decided it would make a great baby name. How would you like to know you'd been named after the daily special at Red Lobster?????
Old 02-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
I went to school with a girl named Electrona. A distant cousin named her daughter Raina. That doesn't really sound that bad but she and her husband got the idea when they went to eat at Red Lobster and saw the daily special "Rainbow Trout" on the menu and decided it would make a great baby name. How would you like to know you'd been named after the daily special at Red Lobster?????
Raina/Rana/Reyna is actually a very popular name around here, in Spanish it's "queen" and I live in a heavily Hispanic populated area...so there are quite a few Raina's...I'm not a fan of that name..

Now, my sister's last name is Dickey...and when they were having their kid let me tell you they made A LOT of effort to not give the kid a horrid name...there were a lot of jokes...but luckily he ended up with a normal first name, that when put together with his last name is not bad...he's going to be made fun of enough for his last name!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My roommate's sister's baby is named Devlin.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remembered ! The other terrible name was LATRINA. How is that ? Named after a temporary military toilet.

BTW, my sister went to school with a girl named Sandy Beach. Who did she marry ? Mike Ball, of course. This is no joke. At least they were real names...
Old 02-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I wonder if Harry Sacks was the kind of guy others would've made fun of in the locker room.

LMAO, Marissa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in hysterics!!!

Old 02-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!

People are nuts!!

I used to work with this couple and they named their baby Unique. I thought it was really cute.

I'm glad my parents weren't hippies and christened me something like Leaf, River or Tree.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I wonder if Harry Sacks was the kind of guy others would've made fun of in the locker room.

LMAO, Marissa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in hysterics!!!
Dude, everytime he came in i'd be like, "you guys...HAIRY SACKS IS HERE." The first time he came in, my boss wasn't there so I printed out a second copy of his receipt to show my boss because I knew he wouldn't believe me. We laughed BIG TIME.... and then we faxed it to managers at a few of the other stores....lol
Old 02-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude, everytime he came in i'd be like, "you guys...HAIRY SACKS IS HERE." The first time he came in, my boss wasn't there so I printed out a second copy of his receipt to show my boss because I knew he wouldn't believe me. We laughed BIG TIME.... and then we faxed it to managers at a few of the other stores....lol

You're killing me!!!!!!!!