Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2023, 12:58 PM

Default Stevie's beautiful Landslide Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ZEe33xcd4
Old 03-11-2023, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Meh
Beautiful photos but every photo or almost every photo Stevie is in it. You don't have to have a Phd in psychology to know whether consciously or unconsciously she is taking possession of Chris and the moment.
Before everyone flames me, I am not saying Stevie is not sincere. I am not saying the photos are not beautiful. But Chris's life did not wrap around Stevie. I think a much better collage of photos would have been more appropriate.
When my parents died, I put together huge collages of photos for the funeral home. Only a tiny minority of them had me in them. I documented their entire life. I would have shown Chris in Chicken Shack, Chris with Bob, Chris solo, Chris and John, Chris and Mick, Billy, Chris and her pups, and even Chris with Dennis. I would have also shown her sense of humor with a photo from the Love Will Show Us How video. Chris on that scooter running around her yard with her pups from 2004, etc.

While I am glad she stuck to a simple and elegant tribute with landslide, the presentation gets a C- from me. But this is the same people that photoshopped Prince and Stevie together for backdrops for the Prince tribute. Stevie dear, it does not have to be all about you. Celebrate their life not YOURS.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-11-2023 at 05:32 PM..
Old 03-11-2023, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Meh
Beautiful photos but every photo or almost every photo Stevie is in it. You don't have to have a Phd in psychology to know whether consciously or unconsciously she is taking possession of Chris and the moment.
Before everyone flames me, I am not saying Stevie is not sincere. I am not saying the photos are not beautiful. But Chris's life did not wrap around Stevie. I think a much better collage of photos would have been more appropriate.
When my parents died, I put together huge collages of photos for the funeral home. Only a tiny minority of them had me in them. I documented their entire life. I would have shown Chris in Chicken Shack, Chris with Bob, Chris solo, Chris and John, Chris and Mick, Billy, Chris and her pups, and even Chris with Dennis. I would have also shown her sense of humor with a photo from the Love Will Show Us How video. Chris on that scooter running around her yard with her pups from 2004, etc.

While I am glad she stuck to a simple and elegant tribute with landslide, the presentation gets a C- from me. But this is the same people that photoshopped Prince and Stevie together for backdrops for the Prince tribute. Stevie dear, it does not have to be all about you. Celebrate their life not YOURS with theirs.
Even though I'd love to flame you, I agree completely.

$HE MAKES EVERYTHING ABOUT HER. $he's a narcissist's narcissist. The poor old thing...
Old 03-11-2023, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The photographs were great. I'm sure the audience enjoyed seeing plenty of pictures of them together. I was hoping there would be at least one of the pictures from the 1987 photoshoot, and there was. One of them should have been a magazine cover, People or Rolling Stone or something: The Women of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
One of them should have been a magazine cover, People or Rolling Stone or something: The Women of Fleetwood Mac.
if that was the topic wouldn't they have to include Bekka:?

Old 03-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
if that was the topic wouldn't they have to include Bekka:?
Bravo!!!
Old 03-11-2023, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean in 1987 when the photoshoot took place. One of the pictures in the tribute was from this photoshoot. As part of the promotion for Tango in the Night, I would have loved a magazine cover with this on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ouh.jpg (91.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Initially, I thought Stevie including herself in about 2/3 of the photos was an example of her characteristic (and infuriating) narcissism, but it WAS a Stevie show and those screaming, adoring fans were there for her. She was SHARING her space with Christine. That people were screaming “Christine!” as Stevie and her band took bows says the tribute accomplished that goal.

Believe me, I’m quick to criticize Stevie’s borderline delusional sense of self these days, but I saw the tribute as touching. Even if — and I’m saying IF — those tears were not genuine, the audience felt them and the moment.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Meh

While I am glad she stuck to a simple and elegant tribute with landslide, the presentation gets a C- from me. But this is the same people that photoshopped Prince and Stevie together for backdrops for the Prince tribute. Stevie dear, it does not have to be all about you. Celebrate their life not YOURS.
I agree with you about Stevie making everything about herself. The photos were wonderful and her tears at the end really set off my grief.

But no flaming here. You're absolutely right.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree about the photos.

But I did love the one newer one, taken after Christine returned, where Stevie is hugging her and they both seem to have very little makeup on. Lovely.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Agree about the photos.

But I did love the one newer one, taken after Christine returned, where Stevie is hugging her and they both seem to have very little makeup on. Lovely.
I love the video at the end of the Tango concert during Songbird where Chris comes and hugs Stevie. Those real photos would have went a long way compared to the touched studio ones. Show the love people not the glamour shots

0:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoT5Jggblro

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-12-2023 at 04:04 PM..
Old 03-12-2023, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I love the video at the end of the Tango concert during Songbird where Chris comes and hugs Stevie. Those real photos would have went a long way compared to the touched studio ones. Show the love people not the glamour shots

0:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoT5Jggblro
She should have put the cover of BuckVie up there!
Old 03-12-2023, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Initially, I thought Stevie including herself in about 2/3 of the photos was an example of her characteristic (and infuriating) narcissism, but it WAS a Stevie show and those screaming, adoring fans were there for her. She was SHARING her space with Christine. That people were screaming “Christine!” as Stevie and her band took bows says the tribute accomplished that goal.

Believe me, I’m quick to criticize Stevie’s borderline delusional sense of self these days, but I saw the tribute as touching. Even if — and I’m saying IF — those tears were not genuine, the audience felt them and the moment.
I was going to say something along these lines but this did it much better than I would have.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2023, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Meh
Thanks for sharing that about your parents. Putting together collages like that can be cathartic when dealing with grief.

Although I agree with everything you said, I think it’s important to point out that what was appropriate for a funeral is much different than a concert. Fans paid big money to see Stevie in concert, and I don’t think it was egotistical that a majority of the pictures had Stevie with Christine. I thought the song and photos were beautifully done, there were a number of pictures of Christine I had never seen before.

One thing I really wish Stevie had done was played a Christine song instead of Running Down a Dream. Everywhere seems to be played, hate to say it, but everywhere these days, so that would have been a nice reminder for the crowd of Christine’s talent.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for sharing that about your parents. Putting together collages like that can be cathartic when dealing with grief.

Although I agree with everything you said, I think it’s important to point out that what was appropriate for a funeral is much different than a concert. Fans paid big money to see Stevie in concert, and I don’t think it was egotistical that a majority of the pictures had Stevie with Christine. I thought the song and photos were beautifully done, there were a number of pictures of Christine I had never seen before.

One thing I really wish Stevie had done was played a Christine song instead of Running Down a Dream. Everywhere seems to be played, hate to say it, but everywhere these days, so that would have been a nice reminder for the crowd of Christine’s talent.
BIG MONEY. These tickets were very pricey. I don't know that she could do a Christine song and make is listenable. If you listen to some of the clips, she's off key in a lot of places in her own material.

Some people liked Stop Draggin, but to me it was really bad. But, they are paying to see legends on stage and that's what they got. I guess a lot of Billy fans were upset she sang on one of his songs. But that's what a high end cash grab is. Nostalgia and legendary status.