User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
It's just that he's the only Mac guy I can think of I never really got interested in. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I totally understand that, and what Johnny Stew said - his Mac output was a bit limited sometimes for sure, and it puts a lot of people off - me included to start with. But when I picked up the "Flee" album I was pretty surprised - nowhere near Elmore James, Buddy Holly or Elvis! It's not perfect by any means, but it is different to his Mac stuff.

The other post-Mac solo album that Jeremy did was "Jeremy Spencer & The Children" which was religious rock, drawing on many contemporary 70s influences (not 50s rock 'n' roll!) - parts of it sound a bit like Mac circa '71-'72, particularly some Kirwan-esque guitar. If you don't mind the religious/spiritual lyrics, give it a try

There's a live album also, recorded much more recently, but I've never heard it
Old 05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm only missing Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees, Mystery To Me, Penguin, Heroes Are Hard to Find, and Time on CD. I don't have them on CD, because I have all of them on vinyl. Long live vinyl, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I'm only missing Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees, Mystery To Me, Penguin, Heroes Are Hard to Find, and Time on CD. I don't have them on CD, because I have all of them on vinyl. Long live vinyl, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Time" was on vinyl???

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
"Time" was on vinyl???
Oops! I forgot I had that listed. All of them except for Time. I don't think it was on vinyl either.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Junior Ledgie

I just dropped over $50 on FM Live '80 and Live in Boston. Money very well spent, IMO. I still don't have Mirage or Tango in the Night. Those are the only two I'm really interested in (more of a LB fan than anything). But they're not at the very top of my to-buy list.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Rick Vito
Rattlesnake Shake
Hmmm, didn't know about that one. It's not listed on his site.
It's out in UK/Europe (available through Hypertension Records website)...but he took it off his own site because he's revamping it for US release.

EDIT: And, as I take a click of the mouse over to Rick's official site:

Rick Vito's Official Site

There is a mention...he's taking orders for it now, even though he doesn't have it listed on his "Merchandise" page.

He's also changed the cover, as well as a couple of songs.

from this:

To this:

Quote:
I didn't even know about those. For that matter, I still need his first three albums with Savoy Brown. I know they're on CD.
Street Corner Talking is the best of the bunch...start with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Bob Welch
Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond
Do yourself a favor, my friend, and get that one, ASAP.

I love it, and it stays in pretty heavy rotation in my portable CD player.
I've heard MOST of it and I really like it...ESPECIALLY his version of "Oh Well" (although I could do without the "washing machine" effect on the guitar). "Like Rain" is wonderful...I hope his next album is an "all-new music" affair.

And to all those who are hesitant to seek out Jeremy Spencer's post-Mac albums because of his Elmore James obsession during his FMac tenure, take the plunge...there's not an Elmore James riff to be found on the two studio albums. And, yes, side two of Flee sounds like Rumours-era outtakes. The title cut could've been a Christine McVie tune, "Cool Breeze" sounds like a Stevie Nicks tune (ala "Dreams"), "You've Got The Right" is right out of Lindsey's songbook, "Travelling" is another Christine-type tune.

Also, with only a couple of exceptions, the lyrical content of Jeremy Spencer & The Children is NOT all that blatantly "Born Again Christian" bop you over the head type lyrics...maybe they seemed that way in 1972, but in 2005, they're less obvious than I remember them being. "War Horse", "Joan Of Arc", "Let's Get On The Ball", "Can You Hear The Song?" are worth the price of the album alone. The album has a real Jefferson Airplane meets CSNY meets Bare Trees era FMac type feel.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-11-2005 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suppose somewhere down the line this has already been done, but I wanted to ask which FM/solo CDs everyone still has to get. (Or which ones you still want). I still have quite a list, but I'd say it's not a surprise considering I became a fan around the fall of 2003.

FM
Kiln House
Behind the Mask
English Rose
Penguin
Future Games
Landslide
(single)
Live at the BBC
Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years

Lindsey
Out of the Cradle
Law and Order
Go Insane

Chris
Christine McVie
Christine Perfec
t (if they'd re-release the thing!!!)

Danny

Ram Jam City
well I have all 6 of the BN era studio albums plus the dance and LIB. I guess the ones that i dont have that I would like to have are.....well I don't want to get the pre-BN albums if theres a chance they're getting remastered. thats a waste. So maybe 1980 live. I also have Christines latest and Lindseys Out of the Cradle.....I don't have a lot of interest in getting the other ones (even though i do like those 2 a lot). But if Lindsey is releasing a new one I'll get that. I'm not a stevie fan (solo anyway) ....if i were to get any of hers I'd get belladonna but I don't really need it.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac
Lizard People It's the only released song I've not yet heard.

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
Along For The Ride (Mick, John, & Peter)
Drivin' On: The ABC Years (John & Rick)
The 1982 Reunion Concert (John)
Stormy Monday (Peter & John)
London Blues (1964-1969) (Mick, John, & Peter)
John Mayall Profile (Peter)
Do these include the tracks (like "Greeny", which rendered Peter his nickname) featuring Peter, John and Aynsley Dunbar (dms) on the albums Looking Back, Thru The Years, So Many Roads, Rare Tracks Volume 1 & 2?

Wouter
Old 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Do these include the tracks (like "Greeny", which rendered Peter his nickname) featuring Peter, John and Aynsley Dunbar (dms) on the albums Looking Back, Thru The Years, So Many Roads, Rare Tracks Volume 1 & 2?
Lizard People
-This was a b-side for "In The Back Of My Mind," and was written by Mick Fleetwood.

Along For The Ride
-This is an album that came out last year. It's all new music. Mayall had a lot of guest artists, and Mick, John, and Peter played together on one song, along with Mayall and Steve Miller.

Drivin' On: The ABC Years
-I assume this is a collection of stuff he did in the '70s, post-Bluesbreakers.

The 1982 Reunion Concert
John McVie and Mick Taylor were in the band. I have a DVD from this period, and they played with Etta James and a few other great artists.

Stormy Monday
London Blues (1964-1969)
John Mayall Profile

I have no idea what's on these albums. I think Profile was an album of new material that featured Peter Green. As for "Greeny," that was on Thru The Years. Although, my favorite from that album is actually the very Hendrix-esq "Curly."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
Oops! I forgot I had that listed. All of them except for Time. I don't think it was on vinyl either.
I've never understood why folks who have every other Fleetwood Mac album don't have "Time." Okay, so there are a few bad songs, there are as many gems, especially from Christine, Bekka, and Billy. I'd take "Time" over "Penguin," "Heroes Are Hard To Find," "Mirage," and "Behind The Mask" anyday.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no idea what's on these albums. I think Profile was an album of new material that featured Peter Green. As for "Greeny," that was on Thru The Years. Although, my favorite from that album is actually the very Hendrix-esq "Curly."
I THINK the recently expanded, deluxe 2-disc version of Mayall's A HARD ROAD album includes "Greeny" & "Curly"...well, let me go look on-line...the second disc has:

Looking Back (45, A-side)
So Many Roads (45, B-side)
Sittin' In The Rain (45, A-side)
Out Of Reach (45, B-side)
Mama, Talk To Your Daughter (A Hard Road outtake)
Alabama Blues (A Hard Road outtake)
Curly (45, A-side)
Rubber Duck (45, B-side)
Greeny (session outtake)
Missing You (session outtake)
Please Don't Tell (session outtake)
Your Funeral, My Trial (session outtake)
Double Trouble (45, A-side)
It Hurts Me Too (45, B-side)
Jenny (45, B-side)
Pictures On The Wall (45, A-side)
First Time Alone (from Mayall's Blues At Laurel Canyon album...the one song on the album that featured Peter Green; Mick Taylor was the lead guitarist in the Bluesbreakers at the time)

Last edited by chiliD; 05-13-2005 at 11:21 AM..
Old 05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never understood why folks who have every other Fleetwood Mac album don't have "Time." Okay, so there are a few bad songs, there are as many gems, especially from Christine, Bekka, and Billy. I'd take "Time" over "Penguin," "Heroes Are Hard To Find," "Mirage," and "Behind The Mask" anyday.
Time over Mirage?!?

But at this point I do prefer Time to Heroes are Hard to Find. The latter is hard for me to take.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Time over Mirage?!?

But at this point I do prefer Time to Heroes are Hard to Find. The latter is hard for me to take.
really? I think the titlesong ALONE wins it against Time.....

Old 05-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
really? I think the titlesong ALONE wins it against Time.....
I may not have given it a fair chance yet (probably haven't), but the only songs I genuinely like to listen to on that CD are "Prove Your Love" and "Bermuda Triangle." Something about the production really bothers me and I don't know what it is.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heroes is my least favorite Pre BN album. I HATE the horns. They scream "turn me off", at least to me.