Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
3-4?
The event is from 7:30pm-10pm, and there are at least 6 other people scheduled to perform. Frankly, I'm surprised FM is performing at all, since they are the guests being honored.

Jbrown, you know how much I hate it when I'm questioned!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers played last year when they were honoured. Maybe it's the expectation with this event.?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers played last year when they were honoured. Maybe it's the expectation with this event.?
If that's the case, I hope it's not an omen!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The event is from 7:30pm-10pm, and there are at least 6 other people scheduled to perform. Frankly, I'm surprised FM is performing at all, since they are the guests being honored.]
it's pretty standard the way that show is sequenced. i've seen several musicares person of the year shows, and more than half of the show are always various other performers honoring person of the year and performing their songs, with camera cutting to the person of the year a lot as other bands and presenters talk about them and perform, and at the end the person/band of the year performs short set of their songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's pretty standard the way that show is sequenced. i've seen several musicares person of the year shows, and more than half of the show are always various other performers honoring person of the year and performing their songs, with camera cutting to the person of the year a lot as other bands and presenters talk about them and perform, and at the end the person/band of the year performs short set of their songs.
Elle

Thanks for the info. I've never been to or seen the event, but I just figured with a 2 1/2 hour schedule and at least 6 other performers, there would be no way FM could perform a full show. Their concert alone lasts 2 1/2 hours, just by themselves! A medley makes more sense, like you said.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey will never do a medley.

They'll do one whole song, or two, depending on the time.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

they don't do medleys. most musicares honorees do a number of songs to close out the show / evening. maybe 5-7? i can't remember exactly i never counted but definitely more than just 2-3, at least all the ones i've seen / were televised.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they don't do medleys. most musicares honorees do a number of songs to close out the show / evening. maybe 5-7? i can't remember exactly i never counted but definitely more than just 2-3, at least all the ones i've seen / were televised.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by a shorter set. Probably the usual suspects, then- Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Everywhere, Rhiannon, the Chain, and Don't Stop.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This is interesting. The award is given not only for musical recognition, but for charitable works (ie, MusicCARES), which is why it's not been given to a band before. Bands typically don't do charitable works as a unit.

I wonder what philanthropic works FM have done as a band to warrant this award? Or are they just adding up the individuals' acts together?
Stevie and Mick have visited wounded soldiers together... Maybe that counts as a band effort? Does this award honor charitable artists who have been charitable this year or just in general? I am very interested to hear what charities they support.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They did the fundraiser for the Blue Diamond gala in 2016, at Dodger Stadium for Vin Scilly. Maybe that was a big reason.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:

Quote:
they don't do medleys.
They did a medley for the 1998 Grammy’s- Rhiannon/Go Your Own Way/Don’t Stop

https://youtu.be/FKVlaLVa7tQ
Old 10-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They did a medley for the 1998 Grammy’s- Rhiannon/Go Your Own Way/Don’t Stop

https://youtu.be/FKVlaLVa7tQ
yes, Fleetwood Mac did. but bands don't do medleys at Musicares ceremonies (at least not at the ones i watched, it might be up to the band what they want to do, and even if they want to perform at all).

Old 10-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I wonder what philanthropic works FM have done as a band to warrant this award? Or are they just adding up the individuals' acts together?
i think that at Springsteen's ceremony he several times referred to something extra charitable that he did specifically when (after?) he got a call (offer?) to be a Mucicares person of the year.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:21 PM

So Far, No Rock Acts Confirmed For Fleetwood Mac’s MusiCares Person of the Year Gala

The initial performers have been announced for the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year gala paying tribute to Fleetwood Mac -- and, interestingly, none are from the rock world.

Instead the Mac will be feted by pop stars John Legend, Lorde, Harry Styles, Haim and OneRepublic, as well as country crossover hero and former American Idol judge Keith Urban. More performers are expected to be announced for the show on January 26 at New York's Radio City Music Hall, with proceeds going to the MusiCares fund, which helps musicians and music industry staffers in need of assistance.

Fleetwood Mac is expected to tour and possibly release new music next year as well; Details are still vague, but the group's Lindsey Buckingham tells us that

"I think the earliest anyone expected to be back on the road with Fleetwood Mac might've been Spring of 2018. And now that's not actually being pushed back by Stevie (Nicks). My understanding is that she's all ready...and now, you know, because I've got this solo album, I'm the one who's holding it up. But, you know, that's typical for us. There's a lot of moving parts, so you know you gotta wait for everyone to be ready."

Listen Here: http://wror.com/2017/10/23/far-no-ro...son-year-gala/
Old 10-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He did at the Grammys.