Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Ledgie

Default 24 KGold live Dvd

So we know she recorded one of the shows but do we think it’ll be released ?
Old 12-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MSG show

I would love to be able to see the MSG show, if it were recorded. Moonlight was anything one could want from Stevie.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The clip of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" from the Pittsburgh show was broadcast (in part) on the Australian 60 Minutes interview a few months ago so I'm assuming the recording not only exists but was edited with the usual post-production. However, Stevie did look unattractive and overweight so her legendary vanity may have kicked in yet again - i.e. no ultimate release. Think back to the Australian concert with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in 2006 - an excellent performance but Stevie was botoxed to the eyeballs so axed the projected dvd release. She did include two of the live recordings on 'Crystal Visions' so I'm unsure as to why she didn't issue the remainder of the show at least on cd. Strange lady from the mountains...
Old 12-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The clip of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" from the Pittsburgh show was broadcast (in part) on the Australian 60 Minutes interview a few months ago so I'm assuming the recording not only exists but was edited with the usual post-production. However, Stevie did look unattractive and overweight so her legendary vanity may have kicked in yet again - i.e. no ultimate release. Think back to the Australian concert with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in 2006 - an excellent performance but Stevie was botoxed to the eyeballs so axed the projected dvd release. She did include two of the live recordings on 'Crystal Visions' so I'm unsure as to why she didn't issue the remainder of the show at least on cd. Strange lady from the mountains...
Unattractive and overweight? We must have watched 2 different videos then. Also, why all the negativity? This is your second post that I have seen this morning talking badly about her. Most of us here want to be excited about the release of this DVD and about the possibility of the song from Book of Henry being considered for an Oscar nomination. Go rain on someone else's parade.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a hurtful comment John. Let's start the new year with some positivity.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She said she was having such a good time she wanted a video to remember it by. Its very possible it was meant to be released. But there is a pattern of her concerts being professionally recorded without release. In 1983 Largo, MD was professionally recorded. But I am sure she was way too high to show the world. In 1986 Red Rocks was recorded. But she was such a mess that at least half the show was staged and re-recorded for lip syncing and close ups. In 1989 her Fresno concert was professionally recorded. This was the SF earthquake relief show. It was not released. In 1991 her Shoreline, CA show was professionally recorded. She was so zonked out no surprise it was not released to the public. In 2006 her Australian symphony concert was recorded but not professionally released.
So who really knows what's going happen. Her vanity used to play a part and who knows if it still does. Hit Parade magazine in 1983 reported Stevie "nixed" her first Stand Back video because she thought she looked too fat. Her second video cost $50,000 (which was a lot of money for a video in early 1983).

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-27-2017 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We did get Soundstage and Live in Chicago though.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Soundstage was mostly lipsynced and edited. Filmed over several days and shows and copy and pasted from multiple takes. It was “live” as far as filmed in front of audience but was controlled and perfectly lit and produced. Not to mention the overzealous Protools autotube and vocal processing. Blah. She should have recorded an Enchanted tour show.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Wow. You're kind of a jerk.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll never know what it's like to be looked at by millions of people, so I guess I can't really know how it feels to contemplate releasing a video of myself or not, but this tour was by far her best tour in decades. I really hope that she can realize that she is a singer/songwriter and not a model. People love her music and will not be nitpicking if she doesn't look like she's 25 anymore because neither do we. I don't know about any specific shows, but what I've seen on youtube of this video, and what I saw at the show that I went to, was great and she looked great. And to be honest, I'd be happy (maybe even happier) with a CD instead of a DVD. That way she doesn't even have to think about how she looks.

Crossing my fingers...

Kevin
Old 12-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu
Wow. You're kind of a jerk.
Is this a compliment? Thanks I guess. I am married though so you might want to keep looking...
Old 12-29-2017, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
will not be nitpicking if she doesn't look like she's 25 anymore because neither do we.
Well, everyone's different. For me the aesthetics of Stevie matters as does the sound of the voice and her ability to move. Without these things, her being a 'poet' isn't enough to warrant an expensive concert ticket. Some people say that they'd pay through the nose to listen to her recite a phone book in bunny slippers, I've heard that kind of nonsense since the days of the old FM/Stevie board on AOL in the early 1990s. To which I say, REALLY? lol
Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She said she was having such a good time she wanted a video to remember it by. Its very possible it was meant to be released. But there is a pattern of her concerts being professionally recorded without release. In 1983 Largo, MD was professionally recorded. But I am sure she was way too high to show the world. In 1986 Red Rocks was recorded. But she was such a mess that at least half the show was staged and re-recorded for lip syncing and close ups. In 1989 her Fresno concert was professionally recorded. This was the SF earthquake relief show. It was not released. In 1991 her Shoreline, CA show was professionally recorded. She was so zonked out no surprise it was not released to the public. In 2006 her Australian symphony concert was recorded but not professionally released.
So who really knows what's going happen. Her vanity used to play a part and who knows if it still does. Hit Parade magazine in 1983 reported Stevie "nixed" her first Stand Back video because she thought she looked too fat. Her second video cost $50,000 (which was a lot of money for a video in early 1983).
And somewhere it was stated by Waddy Wachtel (?) ...maybe in the Ledge Q&A(?) that each one of her tours has been has been filmed at least once. These videos were then given to each one of the band members for posterity. This may have been the case with the 24Kt recording as well(?)
Ricoh
Old 12-30-2017, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
And somewhere it was stated by Waddy Wachtel (?) ...maybe in the Ledge Q&A(?) that each one of her tours has been has been filmed at least once. These videos were then given to each one of the band members for posterity. This may have been the case with the 24Kt recording as well(?)
Ricoh
Yes could be true. I believe the Wild Heart recording was probably originally intended for possible release. The Elaine pick up was not spontaneous IMHO. Of all of Stevie's concerts I don't believe its was a coincidence that she picked up a small girl on the one that is being recorded. Also the girl looked like it was almost rehearsed. But the ending footage (anything from Gypsy on) was never seen. Maybe the footage was damaged or did not take or something crazy happened. In 1983 concert videos sold. Her 1981 and the Mac's 1982 concerts were popular. So it is my belief the original intent was to film and release but it was nixed for a reason we don't know. And its puzzling the end of the concert has not been seen. She was very high but back then she could get away with it because of her good looks and sex appeal.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-30-2017 at 05:38 AM..
Old 12-31-2017, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few months ago, Stevie herself said the 24kg concert that was filmed was being edited for a DVD release. It was on a link that was posted to this board.