User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he imagined Lindsey would go with their concocted story that he "left" because he was hoping Lindsey wouldn't want the story that he was "fired" out.

there were some rumors (probably accurate, knowing these lowlifes!) that Lindsey was presented with papers to sign saying that he left of his own will. then they were gonna make him look bad as leaving the band again right at the eve of already booked tour, and so poor them had to scramble to find his replacements. needless to say, LB didn't want to sign anything like that and made sure the truth gets out. (again, not sure whether this story is true, but looks very plausible.)
I agree with the needless to say. So, do you really think those guys thought Lindsey would sign? Knowing him for years? Naaaaa. I don't think the rumor is real.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree with the needless to say. So, do you really think those guys thought Lindsey would sign? Knowing him for years? Naaaaa. I don't think the rumor is real.
it may or may not be. or parts of it might be - certainly Mick stuck to the script that "Lindsey left" and "we don't wanna say fired" for a very long time, as was all their PR in the press. so they definitely wanted to present it as he left of his own volition. you still see it places.

remember the first article that stated he was fired was in the Rolling Stone magazine - all others before it were saying "he left again" - and LB has fans and friends at RS. he may have given them a heads up that band is trying to spread a false story.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And, if you want to have fun destroying and trampling on the bad boy, I share this one. There were several pictures of him in disguise.
I was in Maui this past Christmas, and there was a whole series of Mick-in-drag photos (including this one) all over the bathroom walls. Quite unsettling.

The only photo of Christine I saw in the gallery was one taken from her 1984 solo shoot for People Magazine (sitting on the bed, legs crossed). I thought it odd that there weren't more of her.

The older lady running the place was super friendly, however some of her info was off. A couple was mentioning how well Stevie has aged, and the lady drew their attention to a Rumours era photo, correctly cited as 1977, and compared it to a 2014 photo that was in fact from 1998 and used all over the Enchanted promo material.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We didn't see that one, but then I don't use the men's room, so....

Looks a bit like him doing his impression of Stevie onstage...
Old 02-14-2020, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is where I call BS.

If there were countless pictures of the classic/SYW/LBCM lineups on the wall, the same people complaining of his pettiness for not displaying pictures of Lindsey would be calling him greedy by trying to make an extra buck or two off of Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-15-2020, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This is where I call BS.

If there were countless pictures of the classic/SYW/LBCM lineups on the wall, the same people complaining of his pettiness for not displaying pictures of Lindsey would be calling him greedy by trying to make an extra buck or two off of Lindsey.
As the OP let me clarify that I wasn't calling out the lack of LB pics in HIS restaurant (which he can do since it's his business), I posted because I found it a bit petty that he had instructed ANOTHER BUSINESS (i.e., Morrison Hotel Gallery) to not put out certain of their merchandise for sale (pics of LB) because of his beef with someone. I get that it's a shared space (though I don't know if he actually owns the building or leases it) between their gallery and his "general store". As for him making money off LB or his likeness, he certainly didn't have any problem with having Lindsey's face all over adverts for the tour.

(And for the record there were images of the Rumours 5 in the restaurant, and for sale in the Morrison's gallery. Just nothing of LB individually).
Old 02-15-2020, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I get that it's a shared space (though I don't know if he actually owns the building or leases it) between their gallery and his "general store".
As IF that LOSER would own it. I'll bet $20 that he leases. He's not smart enough to own it. He's a pathetic P.O.S.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As IF that LOSER would own it. I'll bet $20 that he leases. He's not smart enough to own it. He's a pathetic P.O.S.
And if he did own it he would lose it in yet another bankruptcy in a couple of years if he can no longer milk another Fakewood Mac cash grab tour. I hope this old grifter dies penniless.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
And if he did own it he would lose it in yet another bankruptcy in a couple of years if he can no longer milk another Fakewood Mac cash grab tour. I hope this old grifter dies penniless.
If anyone ever deserved to die penniless, it's him.

The Old Goat earned her tin cans $he chews on.

Old Dick milked everyone else's talent. He has displaced The Old Goat's position on my sh*t list. Old Dick is #1 now. The Old Goat is #2. (I just called her #2, for anyone that didn't get that reference! )
Old 02-19-2020, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If anyone ever deserved to die penniless, it's him.

The Old Goat earned her tin cans $he chews on.

Old Dick milked everyone else's talent. He has displaced The Old Goat's position on my sh*t list. Old Dick is #1 now. The Old Goat is #2. (I just called her #2, for anyone that didn't get that reference! )
I agree with you...Mick is more despicable than Stevie. That's saying something, but there is truly something "crawling on the earth on your belly" slimy about him. Moreso than her.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I agree with you...Mick is more despicable than Stevie. That's saying something, but there is truly something "crawling on the earth on your belly" slimy about him. Moreso than her.
He's truly scum.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Scum?

At worst, he’s a money whore and bad entrepreneur, but scum seems like a stretch.

I seem to remember Bob Welch saying that Mick was the only member of the band (SYW lineup) who was willing to play a benefit show for Wendy. He also had choice words for Stevie and Lindsey.

Anyway, if the choice was between replacing Lindsey or disbanding...I mean, if they didn’t disband over Peter Green, they certainly weren’t over Lindsey Buckingham.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2020, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if they didn’t disband over Peter Green, they certainly weren’t over Lindsey Buckingham.
Yes but Peter leaving the band was far different than this last Lindsey episode. Lindsey is not brain damaged (well, maybe Stevie thinks he is, I don't know, but I don't). Peter began to get crazed, bad behavior on stage. He left the band or the band was really forced to fired him. It's not the first time a band fires a member because of drug addictions. That's not the case of Lindsey being fired in 2018.

But yes, they have the choice to disband or continue. And they chose to continue and though I was angry about it, I wasn't surprised.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Scum?

At worst, he’s a money whore and bad entrepreneur, but scum seems like a stretch.
Yeah. He still has the same good points he’s always had: great “feel” drummer with subtlety, fascinating showmanship, keen pop and blues instincts, musical boldness, and so on. His bad points are still bad—actually, he became a figure of ridicule quite awhile back, maybe the episode where he sold wine at Costco. After that low, his business ventures almost all seemed whorey (always capitalizing on the Fleetwood Mac name to hock garbage that felt like a pyramid scheme product). Nowadays, many of us laugh at him more than take delight in his musical work, which is probably not the impression he most wants to leave us with.

Quote:
I seem to remember Bob Welch saying that Mick was the only member of the band (SYW lineup) who was willing to play a benefit show for Wendy. He also had choice words for Stevie and Lindsey.
Really? What? I missed that interview.

Quote:
Anyway, if the choice was between replacing Lindsey or disbanding...I mean, if they didn’t disband over Peter Green, they certainly weren’t over Lindsey Buckingham.
The band’s zombie syndrome (never dying after getting hacked up) has been both a blessing and a curse, sometimes both at once. For example: in the middle of a bland, listless, “acty” set in 1987, the band with two new guys played ferociously and achingly on “Don’t Let Me Down Again” and “Another Woman.” Two concert highlights in my lengthy exposure to their live shows that I did not expect at all.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine running into gumby scarf man sitting by himself at Gelson's in LA selling that awful wine? NO ONE was at the table, so I went up and bought a bottle. HE WAS RUDE AF. Not a fan of money grubbing Gumby scarf man.