User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey will start another band which will have numerous top ten hits and sell out arenas worldwide!
No one in this band ever had numerous top ten hits, and no one ever sold out arenas worldwide. They're not gonna start now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Losing Christine would be a shame as she will likely have great chemistry with Neil Finn as they have similar songwriting and performance styles.
Losing any of the Rumours 5 is a shame. This is a complete and utter farce
Old 05-24-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Which is as likely as The New FM will do so. With Mike Campbell and Neill Finn being virtual nobodies in Europe, with 6 more months for people to hear about the LB firing, reading concert reviews, with Stevie on the verge of her next solo tour and Christine (rumoured) on her way out, they won't come over here, so bye-bye world tour. And an album? HA! As if.
Unless the "WORLD" is the contiguous states---there is no world tour here
Old 05-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
With Stevie previously saying people wouldn't buy a new Rumours lineup album, the notion of a hit Post-Rumours lineup album??? Sorry Stevie - Don't Dream, It's Over.
There is a higher likelihood that this message board cuts an album before this band of......whatever we are calling them does
Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
There is a higher likelihood that this message board cuts an album before this band of......whatever we are calling them does
Absolutely. They are putting out complete BS, PRETENDING that this is some f*cking ARTISTIC endeavor. It's just a f*cking CASH COW COVER BAND.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely. They are putting out complete BS, PRETENDING that this is some f*cking ARTISTIC endeavor. It's just a f*cking CASH COW COVER BAND.
You're very likely wrong. I just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle and he told me that the band is planning to record new material very soon. Fingers crossed ...
Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're very likely wrong. I just met someone who is in the Fleetwood Mac inner circle and he told me that the band is planning to record new material very soon. Fingers crossed ...
Good luck, Mick. History will show your error in judgement.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If the new "Fleetwood Mac" records new material then I personally hope that Kristen Buckingham sues them all for emotional damages. What an absolute slap in the face to the person who wanted a final album more than anyone else.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If the new "Fleetwood Mac" records new material then I personally hope that Kristen Buckingham sues them all for emotional damages. What an absolute slap in the face to the person who wanted a final album more than anyone else.
Again, I'm as big a fan of Lindsey as there is but Lindsey is only part of the history of Fleetwood Mac. The band recorded 9 albums before Lindsey joined the band. In fact, the band has recorded more albums without Lindsey than with Lindsey. Lindsey was obviously a huge part of their artistic and commercial success (Rumours and Tusk being two of the best albums of all-time) but the band is far more than just Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I'm as big a fan of Lindsey as there is but Lindsey is only part of the history of Fleetwood Mac. The band recorded 9 albums before Lindsey joined the band. In fact, the band has recorded more albums without Lindsey than with Lindsey. Lindsey was obviously a huge part of their artistic and commercial success (Rumours and Tusk being two of the best albums of all-time) but the band is far more than just Lindsey Buckingham.
Lol please do not tell me that the band existed before and without Lindsey. I'm perfectly aware. But the 'before' Lindsey is not a 40+ year legacy with that one person putting SO much into the band. Even when he bailed after Tango, he did so AFTER having made an album that went on to sell millions and millions of copies. Lindsey wanted to record a final album with the band VERY much because he wanted to wrap up that wonderful legacy. And thanks to Miss Stevie Nicks, that didn't happen. And then not only did he not get the album he very much wanted, he then got pushed out of that same band that he put so much into it.
In my opinion this entire situation is just an absolutely appalling disrespect and if they actually record a new album (aka if Stevie Nicks really wants to spite Lindsey) then it'll just be pouring salt into the wound.
That's my opinion you don't have to agree with it.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol please do not tell me that the band existed before and without Lindsey. I'm perfectly aware. But the 'before' Lindsey is not a 40+ year legacy with that one person putting SO much into the band. Even when he bailed after Tango, he did so AFTER having made an album that went on to sell millions and millions of copies. Lindsey wanted to record a final album with the band VERY much because he wanted to wrap up that wonderful legacy. And thanks to Miss Stevie Nicks, that didn't happen. And then not only did he not get the album he very much wanted, he then got pushed out of that same band that he put so much into it.
In my opinion this entire situation is just an absolutely appalling disrespect and if they actually record a new album (aka if Stevie Nicks really wants to spite Lindsey) then it'll just be pouring salt into the wound.
That's my opinion you don't have to agree with it.
Of course, you're entitled to your opinion and many people share your opinion. I'm just trying to focus on the positive that could emerge from the ashes of Lindsey being fired.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, you're entitled to your opinion and many people share your opinion. I'm just trying to focus on the positive that could emerge from the ashes of Lindsey being fired.
As long as you realize that MANY of us don't want to do that. We're f*cking pissed.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As long as you realize that MANY of us don't want to do that. We're f*cking pissed.
What he said.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sugar Mouse - I am calling your bluff.
On the "Let me teach you about real reality" thread you questioned repeatedly exactly the facts on Lindsey's firing...we mentioned the day after Musicares video of LB and his BuckVie musicians accounts of what happened that hugely contrast the version/ reason we got from Mick and Stevie but you still didn't choose to believe what is pretty clearly the truth.
Surely this person in the FM inner circle you just met would have told you the facts, care to share this with the group?!!!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Sugar Mouse - I am calling your bluff.
On the "Let me teach you about real reality" thread you questioned repeatedly exactly the facts on Lindsey's firing...we mentioned the day after Musicares video of LB and his BuckVie musicians accounts of what happened that hugely contrast the version/ reason we got from Mick and Stevie but you still didn't choose to believe what is pretty clearly the truth.
Surely this person in the FM inner circle you just met would have told you the facts, care to share this with the group?!!!
Does it really matter? I mean truly? Nothing anyone else says will make you change your mind about the situation, so why bother trying. Besides, you have every right to feel the way you do about Lindsey's firing. But let's really, truly be honest for a second- the key thing here that made some people angry is that FM fired Lindsey. Regardless of the reason, that is what is upsetting people. Let's say an inside source said Lindsey behaved inappropriately at a band meeting, and that was why he was fired. Would that make a difference to you? Probably not, and that's your right. I imagine some of the responses would be "but Lindsey sacrificed the last 40 years of his life to make FM a success, so they should deal with it instead of stabbing him in the back." And that's their right to feel that way. I disagree, and there's probably nothing anyone could say that would change my mind, either. What's clear to you is not clear to me, and what's clear to me is not clear to you