The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-19-2021, 01:06 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stephen gets pretty good mileage out of it. But I never found out whether this was the Richard and Linda Thompson of that kinky little masterpiece “Shoot Out the Lights.” Stephen, could you clarify?
That’s the one. Also of the “Dimming of the Day,” “Who Knows Where The Time Goes,” and “1952 Vincent Black Lightning” masterpieces.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-20-2021, 03:58 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The headline “Fleetwood Mac Fires Stevie Nicks” would humiliate Stevie, to be sure.
That would never happen, as it would KILL any tour sales. If they did it, they'd offer her a buyout and ask her to say it was a 'creative difference' issue.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:07 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
That would never happen, as it would KILL any tour sales. If they did it, they'd offer her a buyout and ask her to say it was a 'creative difference' issue.
There aren’t going to be any more tours, though. Mick and Mike said as much last year and Christine basically confirmed it. Having lost at least one year which may extend into two years, even a small run of shows here or there is becoming less realistic. They’re still on the table, though. Even if Fleetwood Mac only serves as a way for Stevie to get more attention, it’s a lot of attention, and something she’d hate to lose.

Fleetwood Mac might be in a position to force the issue of an album, which is really the only reason for a non-touring band to exist. At this point, the McVies are ready to wrap it up, so the threat of losing Stevie’s star power doesn’t hold a lot of weight for them. Neil has Crowded House, Mike has the Dirty Knobs and maybe the Heartbreakers (which gives him even more leverage), and Mick will likely have Lindsey.

The big tour paydays are over and everyone who wants work can get it. However, Stevie might benefit the most from Fleetwood Mac still being an entity. Otherwise, she’s just a solo artist and not also the star of a legendary band.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-20-2021 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-21-2021, 07:17 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

The big tour paydays are over and everyone who wants work can get it. However, Stevie might benefit the most from Fleetwood Mac still being an entity. Otherwise, she’s just a solo artist and not also the star of a legendary band.
It would not surprise me too much if she recruited Mike and Mick ( who may by then be in serious need of $) as members of her band touring as an almost de facto Fleetwood Mac. She wasted no time in throwing together a box set and touring solo when the Dance reunion ended prematurely with Chris leaving. She even hit many of the cities that they missed on the Fleetwood Mac tour.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-22-2021, 01:06 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There aren’t going to be any more tours, though. Mick and Mike said as much last year and Christine basically confirmed it. Having lost at least one year which may extend into two years, even a small run of shows here or there is becoming less realistic. They’re still on the table, though. Even if Fleetwood Mac only serves as a way for Stevie to get more attention, it’s a lot of attention, and something she’d hate to lose.

Fleetwood Mac might be in a position to force the issue of an album, which is really the only reason for a non-touring band to exist. At this point, the McVies are ready to wrap it up, so the threat of losing Stevie’s star power doesn’t hold a lot of weight for them. Neil has Crowded House, Mike has the Dirty Knobs and maybe the Heartbreakers (which gives him even more leverage), and Mick will likely have Lindsey.

The big tour paydays are over and everyone who wants work can get it. However, Stevie might benefit the most from Fleetwood Mac still being an entity. Otherwise, she’s just a solo artist and not also the star of a legendary band.
1)dear god I hope not

2) at this point in time it seems she's quite ok with that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-22-2021, 03:23 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

no matter how much some people here seem to be clamoring and insisting that Lindsey needs Mac, or Mac members, he doesn't. sure for friendship, but not for his career or his legacy.
The problem is, while his fans have every right to feel this way and this position is more than justified, I am not sure that Lindsey feels this way. He is not the man who left in 1987 and did not look back for 10 years. What he wants and what he should want maybe two different things.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-22-2021, 01:24 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The problem is, while his fans have every right to feel this way and this position is more than justified, I am not sure that Lindsey feels this way. He is not the man who left in 1987 and did not look back for 10 years. What he wants and what he should want maybe two different things.
yes, unfortunately.

won't stop fans who feel this way from screaming to all who would hear what he should want. what he says he cares about.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The problem is, while his fans have every right to feel this way and this position is more than justified, I am not sure that Lindsey feels this way. He is not the man who left in 1987 and did not look back for 10 years. What he wants and what he should want maybe two different things.
I wonder how many of the fans who feel that way were around in the ‘90s, back when Lindsey thought he didn’t need Fleetwood Mac for his career or his legacy?

OOTC, the masterpiece he had to leave Fleetwood Mac to make, got one of the most glowing reviews I’ve ever read in Rolling Stone and it was heavily promoted. Still, it only peaked at #128. That’s why he’s not the same guy who left Fleetwood Mac in 1987. He got thoroughly humbled by that experience and was back in the picture by 1995, two years after the OOTC tour (hence Time being DOA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, unfortunately.

won't stop fans who feel this way from screaming to all who would hear what he should want. what he says he cares about.
Lindsey doesn’t lose anything by putting Mick on drums, though. The actual art doesn’t suffer. His songs and sonic textures don’t change. If anything, adding Mick would give the songs a more organic feel compared to how Lindsey usually does the drums, and give Lindsey more attention with the association of the Fleetwood name.

ETA: It will also give him a new five minute psychobabble-laden speech on healing, forgiveness, and growth.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-22-2021 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
ILindsey doesn’t lose anything by putting Mick on drums, though. The actual art doesn’t suffer. His songs and sonic textures don’t change. If anything, adding Mick would give the songs a more organic feel compared to how Lindsey usually does the drums, and give Lindsey more attention with the association of the Fleetwood name.

ETA: It will also give him a new five minute psychobabble-laden speech on healing, forgiveness, and growth.
i agree with you that artistically, Mick is a plus. for any releases, yes.

however, Mick on tour is overpriced and makes the tickets more expensive for fans. he will want to make more money than on MFBB solo band - where he makes money by $400+ M&Gs.

meanwhile, Lindsey has now figured out he can make money on solo tours by doing relatively cheap M&Gs ($250-300), sell VIP packages, and have market-priced ticket sales (ie variable prices depending on the demand) - while his prices are still very affordable for fans.

Mick added to Lindsey solo tour would raise the price for fans and probably create less profit for Lindsey, since Mick would want to make at least as much as he's making with his overpriced MFBB M&Gs. Mick has not done any FM or MFBB / solo tours without his overpriced M&Gs for more than a decade now. i don't see him starting now, just for the pleasure of playing unless he all of the sudden has reverse in personality.

if there was FM 4 project with Mick, Chris, Lindsey and John starting with issuing a new release, i could get on board of that. as long as there's no Stevie who would hold the project hostage as she had been for the last 2 decades.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-22-2021, 04:10 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,403
Default

I’m not sure the price of M&Gs is a convincing justification for not adding Mick. Touring generates the most income for artists these days, and adding Mick would likely lead to bigger venues.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-22-2021, 04:18 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m not sure the price of M&Gs is a convincing justification for not adding Mick. Touring generates the most income for artists these days, and adding Mick would likely lead to bigger venues.
again, adding Mick would likely generate less revenue for LB and the rest of his band - since it seems that's what your main worry is. (it is definitely not mine, Lindsey and Mick should have been set for life long time ago, and definitely now after selling some of their rights.)

i've heard many breathing a sigh of relief when we found out Mick will not be a part of BuckVie touring band. the price of tickets, interacting with performers on stage, and therefor proximity to the stage is important to many fans i know. it obviously is not important to you, and that's ok.

Mick and his band play bars, vineyards, and tiny clubs. i really don't understand why you think that somehow adding him would expand the venue sizes - plus again, even if that would be the case, why would fans want to see shows in larger venues? if i can see any of my favorite stadium bands in clubs or theaters, i would definitely prefer that.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-22-2021 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-22-2021, 04:27 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m not sure the price of M&Gs is a convincing justification for not adding Mick.
the price of tickets, and how good of a seat you can get without having to pay Mick's M&G. not the price of M&G.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-22-2021, 05:10 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the price of tickets, and how good of a seat you can get without having to pay Mick's M&G. not the price of M&G.
It would still be Lindsey’s show. Lindsey could just say no M&Gs.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-22-2021, 05:44 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

if there was FM 4 project with Mick, Chris, Lindsey and John starting with issuing a new release, i could get on board of that. as long as there's no Stevie who would hold the project hostage as she had been for the last 2 decades.
Exactly. The only FM project I'll ever buy into again is a $tevieless one. If Lindsey would go back, the old goat better not be there.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-22-2021, 06:00 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It would still be Lindsey’s show. Lindsey could just say no M&Gs.
If Mick and Lindsey were to do live shows together, I believe it would be billed Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham. I can't see Mick as a member of Lindsey's band. Yes he'd play the drums with Lindsey, however I'd see it being Lindsey and Mick's band.
I see them sharing the billing, kind of like Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo, or Matthews and Reynolds

I think Mick would rather play with Neil than Lindsey though.

I'd be happy if Lindsey had Jimmy Paxson, though Lindsey hired a new guy for the tour that was to happen in Spring/Summer 2020.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ...
$2340.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ... pictureSIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1238.72
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$1033.85
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureMick Fleetwood Signed Fleetwood Mac Vinyl Beckett Authentication Services BAS
$831.87
Mick Fleetwood Signed Fleetwood Mac Vinyl Beckett Authentication Services BAS pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$573.85
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved