The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 02-10-2021, 12:40 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,391
Default

Not too crazy about the ‘82 recordings. I guess they’re cool to have, but I’m weirdly puritanical about keeping it to what they had when they were compiling the original release.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-10-2021, 12:56 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not too crazy about the ‘82 recordings. I guess they’re cool to have, but I’m weirdly puritanical about keeping it to what they had when they were compiling the original release.
I'm sorry to tell you, but Warner could give two sheets about your pure thoughts

May as well put Shake the Cage and BTM recordings on here too if it's just LIVE
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-10-2021, 12:58 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

So we're finally getting a live Hold Me from the Mirage Tour??? Brown Eyes and what else is coming from Mirage? Second Hand News?

This is exciting! I destroyed those Live CD's when I was commuting to college right after The Dance. During those years before you could just type anything into YouTube, there was little available for live stuff from the Mac if you were a high school and college kid who didn't know squat about how to get bootlegs.

Update: never mind my first question
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I never understood why people weren't interested in it. I bought it THE DAY it was released. Dual 8 track tapes!

Edit- and I now remember that I bought it at K-mart, and couldn't get it unwrapped quickly enough when I got to my car, to shove it into my 8 track player, and JAM IT all the way home!

Sad to say that by the time Christine's album came along, I was in college and out of the FM loop. I bought the album, OF COURSE, but it most definitely wasn't cool to like FM, and I was in a recording technology program, so I was listening to cooler bands than FM. I had a good run following The Police.

Rock Hard? Were you in Boogie Nights?
The way she grabbed your hand, you might have been added to a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGGG list including Lindsey, Mick, Joe, Don, and half of Southern California! You should have gone for it! Hell, penicillin is cheap!
We have something in common. I also bought the live album at Kmart but it was in 1983 double album.

I am really looking forward to this. We've all be wanting to hear Hold Me live in 1982 and sure enough its on this reissue. Does someone in the band have an ear to this board? Its like our prayers have been answered. I'm bummed no Oh Daddy. I guess I wont be dancing in my shawls after all
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-10-2021 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We have something in common. I also bought the live album at Kmart but it was in 1983 double album.

I am really looking forward to this. We've all be wanting to hear Hold Me live in 1982 and sure enough its on this reissue. Does someone in the band have an ear to this board? Its like our prayers have been answered.
I'll never understand why on the Mirage Deluxe release they didn't release a whole show from The Forum vs. just regurgitating a kinda ratty sounding recordings that were on the old Mirage Tour video. Clearly if they have Hold Me, they have full recordings of both shows. After the awesome live cuts on the Tusk release, someone soiled the sheets on Mirage.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:22 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not too crazy about the ‘82 recordings. I guess they’re cool to have, but I’m weirdly puritanical about keeping it to what they had when they were compiling the original release.
As an ode to ChiliD, you can change the set list in a play list.
I know you're happy to finally get these particular Inglewood tracks live, however. At least I think I know you do.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-10-2021 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:29 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We have something in common. I also bought the live album at Kmart but it was in 1983 double album.

I am really looking forward to this. We've all be wanting to hear Hold Me live in 1982 and sure enough its on this reissue. Does someone in the band have an ear to this board? Its like our prayers have been answered. I'm bummed no Oh Daddy. I guess I wont be dancing in my shawls after all
Of course we have that in common. Without gushing, you're one of my very favorite Ledgies.

It doesn't make much sense that they'd put Hold Me on here, but hey, prayers got answered, albeit in a non timely fashion, and in an inappropriate place.

Damn, there goes my free copy!

Tight assed me will wait for the best deal. I remember y'all were paying $86 for Mirage. I held out for about 6 weeks, and paid $43! The last boxed set(68-74)....I forget what they were going for, but I held out and got it for $42. Yeah, I love a deal...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:31 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'll never understand why on the Mirage Deluxe release they didn't release a whole show from The Forum vs. just regurgitating a kinda ratty sounding recordings that were on the old Mirage Tour video. Clearly if they have Hold Me, they have full recordings of both shows. After the awesome live cuts on the Tusk release, someone soiled the sheets on Mirage.
Re Forum, are you talking just audio, or the video? I'd KILL for the FULL video. I've always assumed that since it was released on Sony, that maybe they were just a pita to deal with?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:33 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
As an ode to ChiliD, you can change the set list in a play list.
.
I hope Chili is doing okay. I haven't seen any updates from Susie for about a week.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:38 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Re Forum, are you talking just audio, or the video? I'd KILL for the FULL video. I've always assumed that since it was released on Sony, that maybe they were just a pita to deal with?
Well I just meant audio but the video would be even better! All they did on the Mirage Deluxe was pluck the audio from the video release. It didn't sound like they cleaned it up or did anything to make it sound better than a 30 year old video release.

Sure, dealing with video might require dealing with Sony thus making it a pain. But why not get the Audio of a full show on the deluxe release. Oh well, such is Fleetwood Mac. At least we are FINALLY getting a live Hold Me!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:40 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope Chili is doing okay. I haven't seen any updates from Susie for about a week.
ChiliD is a Ledgend. I send my best and prayers too. A dog lover too, right?
G-d bless him.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-10-2021, 02:01 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well I just meant audio but the video would be even better! All they did on the Mirage Deluxe was pluck the audio from the video release. It didn't sound like they cleaned it up or did anything to make it sound better than a 30 year old video release.

Sure, dealing with video might require dealing with Sony thus making it a pain. But why not get the Audio of a full show on the deluxe release. Oh well, such is Fleetwood Mac. At least we are FINALLY getting a live Hold Me!
Yeah, it's exactly an audio rip of the video. How utterly CHEAP AND LAZY of them.

Now that it looks like they're finished, maybe Mick will be pushing for more releases? I'm sure he's only a house payment or two away from bankruptcy.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-10-2021, 02:24 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, it's exactly an audio rip of the video. How utterly CHEAP AND LAZY of them.

Now that it looks like they're finished, maybe Mick will be pushing for more releases? I'm sure he's only a house payment or two away from bankruptcy.
Oh for sure, he will be on fire trying to get money out of us. What is next? What market could there be for reissue of Behind the Mask or Time? A live album from 1987-90? 1995? Is there anything they could do with The Dance that wouldn't be exactly like The Dance but recorded in an arena? The 37th release of Rumours?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-10-2021, 02:37 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

FM's social media is promoting this. I'll get impaled for saying this but there could be backchannel talking happening with Stevie and Lindsey people to feel out future "collaboration."

I'm just shocked that they're selling live performance recordings from the Lindsey years. Mick during the 2018 CBS interview said "this is absolutely a new band" This just doesn't seem to be how you'd proceed with a new lineup in tact. They're highlighting Lindsey as a member in the promotional video. There are a lot of Lindsey lead vocals in this set.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-10-2021, 02:53 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I'm just shocked that they're selling live performance recordings from the Lindsey years. Mick during the 2018 CBS interview said "this is absolutely a new band" This just doesn't seem to be how you'd proceed with a new lineup in tact.
Mick is a lying sack of sh*t. A deluxe scumbag.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician Photo 8X10
$19.99
1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician Photo 8X10 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved