The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:16 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Euchre is a widely played game in New York State.
Interesting. Often when I travel to other parts of the country, most people haven't even heard of it. The (card) book of Hoyle is where I got my info, several years ago.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:40 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And Stevie’s cry at the end of each verse was definitely from the Mirage tour. Glad it was confirmed that the actual date was from October 1982.

Re: this version, I am LOVING Christine’s voice on the verses and her extensive organ work on the jam at the end.
Christine is fabulous here. Her verses are operatic and it's exquisite singing.

I love how they played a long with Lindsey's If You.Do.Not.Love Me now

Were they enjoying this tour? Because to me it sounds like they relished the sound they were making
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:28 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Were they enjoying this tour? Because to me it sounds like they relished the sound they were making
Mirage was such a short tour, probably no one had time to get burnt out.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:49 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mirage was such a short tour, probably no one had time to get burnt out.
True. They also had contractual solo stuff. Stevie was into The Wild Heart and Warner Brothers was pushing for Christine's solo album. Lindsey also did not care for touring at this time and was also going solo. If it had not been for their solo engagements, I bet the Mirage tour would have went much longer.
Stevie loves to brag about herself how devoted she was to the Mac for her to make her first solo tour so short and then ran into the studio for Mirage. What she does not tell you is the band was under contract for the next album to be released so she really had no choice. However, her record company made sure she ran equally fast in the other direction to get the Wild Heart out. The Mirage tour ended 10/31/82. The Wild Heart was released in May 1983. She was married and honeymooned early in 1983 and her solo tour was in rehearsals in April 1983.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-20-2021 at 01:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:09 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
True. They also had contractual solo stuff. Stevie was into The Wild Heart and Warner Brothers was pushing for Christine's solo album. Lindsey also did not care for touring at this time and was also going solo. If it had not been for their solo engagements, I bet the Mirage tour would have went much longer.
Stevie loves to brag about herself how devoted she was to the Mac for her to make her first solo tour so short and then ran into the studio for Mirage. What she does not tell you is the band was under contract for the next album to be released so she really had no choice. However, her record company made sure she ran equally fast in the other direction to get the Wild Heart out. The Mirage tour ended 10/31/82. The Wild Heart was released in May 1983. She was married and honeymooned early in 1983 and her solo tour was in rehearsals in April 1983.
Are you saying that our beloved $tevie would LIE? Say it ain't so!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 02-20-2021, 07:39 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie loves to brag about herself how devoted she was to the Mac for her to make her first solo tour so short and then ran into the studio for Mirage.
I would love to know exactly what she did in the studio between the end of the "White Winged Dove tour" and the release of Mirage. Most of her work on that album must have been done in France before Bella Donna was released where she was captive for a few weeks. She is only on one song besides her own three on Mirage that I can hear.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-20-2021, 08:35 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I would love to know exactly what she did in the studio between the end of the "White Winged Dove tour" and the release of Mirage. Most of her work on that album must have been done in France before Bella Donna was released where she was captive for a few weeks. She is only on one song besides her own three on Mirage that I can hear.
Did FM record a few of her demos at Honky Chateau that didnt make the record?
Smile At You, If You Were My Love and another?
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-21-2021, 05:44 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I would love to know exactly what she did in the studio between the end of the "White Winged Dove tour" and the release of Mirage. Most of her work on that album must have been done in France before Bella Donna was released where she was captive for a few weeks. She is only on one song besides her own three on Mirage that I can hear.
I still bet she was busy. Her tour was over in December 1981. The album was released in June 1982. In those 6 months, the album was finished, photo shoots, and 2 very time intensive videos were shot. Back in the 80s they used to say their overdub process in making albums took a very long time. The mixing and overdub process was probably pretty exhausting. Also remember there were excellent tracks that were recorded yet not on the album like Smile At You. Her voice is more raw on that track compared to the rest of the album so maybe that was recorded after her solo tour. 1980-1983 she really did work non-stop.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-21-2021, 10:12 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 657
Default

This was also during the time that Robin was sick.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-22-2021, 04:33 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The concert audio on the three good deluxe albums and this new deluxe Live are heaven sent, to be sure, and kind of surprising. What it has demonstrated isn’t necessarily that someone at Rhino is pushing the envelope (every big old band is releasing deluxe, and this is only following the model) but that the material itself has been storaged and is retrievable if someone with the security clearance is looking for it. That’s what amazes me. I assumed that old studio tracking and concert audio were allowed to deteriorate or disappear by this stupid band and its irresponsible caretakers.

So the things we heard about over the years (like the fully recorded 1980 Hollywood Bowl shows) probably do still reside somewhere where they can be retrieved. If you live long enough, you may hear it. (I think of a few fans I knew who died before hearing a lot of this material and it’s sad and pathetic.)

Also, the earlier incarnations seem pretty well served by live releases, right? Shrine and Tea Party and the recent box sets?
Where did you hear the Live deluxe versions?
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-22-2021, 09:22 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I would love to know exactly what she did in the studio between the end of the "White Winged Dove tour" and the release of Mirage. Most of her work on that album must have been done in France before Bella Donna was released where she was captive for a few weeks. She is only on one song besides her own three on Mirage that I can hear.
I hear her on two songs beyond her own: “Love In Store” and “Book of Love.”
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-22-2021, 11:12 AM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Re: this version, I am LOVING Christine’s voice on the verses and her extensive organ work on the jam at the end. The entire band is in great form there.
I love the Mirage-era Chain. Lovely, weird and complicated guitar intro from Lindsey, where he seems to be playing a melody line with his thumb, rather than his more normal style, where his thumb does the bass work to a melody from his fingers. A bit like the fab solo in Gypsy.

It did always seem like there was a battle between Stevie and Lindsey to get the last word in during The Chain around this time, with Stevie dropping in last minute 'Yeahs' and moans, and Lindsey dragging out his 'never break the chain' as long as he could...
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 02-22-2021, 12:26 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
I love the Mirage-era Chain. Lovely, weird and complicated guitar intro from Lindsey, where he seems to be playing a melody line with his thumb, rather than his more normal style, where his thumb does the bass work to a melody from his fingers. A bit like the fab solo in Gypsy.

It did always seem like there was a battle between Stevie and Lindsey to get the last word in during The Chain around this time, with Stevie dropping in last minute 'Yeahs' and moans, and Lindsey dragging out his 'never break the chain' as long as he could...
I think is what I love most about the Mirage Tour. All the extra woah's and yeah's and attempts to be about as different as possible than the recordings. Once you have all the backup singers added on future tours, it's just not as genuine sounding, though I get it...older, less drugs, etc. Go Your Own Way is another gem where Lindsey and Stevie seem to be battling it out to have the last word
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 02-22-2021, 02:25 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Where did you hear the Live deluxe versions?
Hi, johnnystorms. On Spotify, there is an album preview of The Chain. It’s labeled as Cleveland 1980 but it’s LA 1982. Do you have Spotify?
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 02-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Houseonthehill Houseonthehill is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 98
Default

Thanks for sharing, sounds amazing!! I also love the "If.You.Do.Not.Love.Me.Now" - Peak Fleetwood mac...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM pictureMICK FLEETWOOD & CHRISTINE MCVIE - Signed CD - The Very Best of - MUSIC
$174.67
MICK FLEETWOOD & CHRISTINE MCVIE - Signed CD - The Very Best of - MUSIC pictureCHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876
$149.99
CHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876 pictureFLEETWOOD MAC BOB WELCH CHRISTINE McVIE Go Your Own Way Rhiannon SLIDE 37
$35.0
FLEETWOOD MAC BOB WELCH CHRISTINE McVIE Go Your Own Way Rhiannon  SLIDE 37 pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved