The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 12-20-2020, 11:32 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yuck, don't make me show my work. Is this math class? LOL...so, of course the first two that came to mind when I typed that were Boys of Summer and Take it to the Limit. I'm no musical expert and wouldn't even know that a song was in B and now G, so I just go off what I'm hearing. And I'm also going off memory from a few years ago bu I was pretty certain that one or both of Timothy's songs were lowered...either I Can't Tell You Why or the one from Hell Freezes Over. Also, Seven Bridges Road comes to mind.

And while I thought most of the Felder stuff was with Glen, I think after suing them and writing that book, Don Henley would not have him back. I think his book pissed Henley off more than anything else. He certainly didn't seem to have any warm feelings in the documentary. BUT, what I thought was awesome of both Don and Glen, they included Felder in that documentary and also don't go out of their way to minimize their own actions or try to look like heroes.
I'm fairly certain Timothy's songs haven't been lowered. I am a musician, and I have a guitar leaning against the couch at all times. AND I'm a freak who remembers the keys of songs. So songs like Heart Of The Matter, the second it begins, I'm like "this doesn't sound like 'D'"(grabs guitar - "nope, they're doing it in C now").

Do you have any of the bootleg live Eagle's DVDs? There are a ton of them out there. Far far more than FM. My favorite is a pro shot one in Christchurch NZ. It was an outdoor show, and it absolutely rained cats and dogs for the entire thing. Anyway, Henley is having a REALLY hard time getting through Boys Of Summer, and Timothy jumps in and is singing the end of the song with him(singing Don's part - so at least someone is hitting the notes!).

Yeah, I think you're right, now. Henley is a POMPOUS, bitter f*ck. Arguably one of the greatest vocalists of his generation. Yeah, when he keeps saying, "Mr. Felder", you can sense the animosity. What is it about being sued that makes people so bitter? Ask Christine why she kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF!!!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 12-20-2020, 12:07 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think the last GREAT twirls were 2005. I would say that Cher still does some decent choreography and can run on stage for Turn Back Time and Believe. Debbie Harry is a great dancer still and does impressive footwork in heels.

And Jagger can do it all because he wears Nikes Watching him during JJFlash and Rambler is something else. Bless that man.
Jagger is in a league of his own. His commitment to staying in shape as he aged over the last 30-40 years is awe inspiring. Watching him run from side to side 5 years ago at Heinz Field you just sit in awe that this man is the age that he is and able to do what he does. Beyond disappointed that the 2020 tour was canceled but I hope that the boys figure out a way to tour still in a year or two.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 12-20-2020, 12:14 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm fairly certain Timothy's songs haven't been lowered. I am a musician, and I have a guitar leaning against the couch at all times. AND I'm a freak who remembers the keys of songs. So songs like Heart Of The Matter, the second it begins, I'm like "this doesn't sound like 'D'"(grabs guitar - "nope, they're doing it in C now").

Do you have any of the bootleg live Eagle's DVDs? There are a ton of them out there. Far far more than FM. My favorite is a pro shot one in Christchurch NZ. It was an outdoor show, and it absolutely rained cats and dogs for the entire thing. Anyway, Henley is having a REALLY hard time getting through Boys Of Summer, and Timothy jumps in and is singing the end of the song with him(singing Don's part - so at least someone is hitting the notes!).

Yeah, I think you're right, now. Henley is a POMPOUS, bitter f*ck. Arguably one of the greatest vocalists of his generation. Yeah, when he keeps saying, "Mr. Felder", you can sense the animosity. What is it about being sued that makes people so bitter? Ask Christine why she kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF!!!
I will take your expertise on it over my "gee that sounds different" hunches lol.

The rain in that Christchurch show is insane. I've seen bits and pieces over the years, can't recall Boys of Summer specifically. It's been on Youtube off and on but like most Eagles things, doesn't last very long.

And yes, his insistence on referring to Felder as "Mr. Felder" was a dead giveaway. It was said in a seething way. I don't think they get together for barbecues. LOL

That whole Bob Welch / RRHOF thing is really irksome. In hindsight, no surprise that Chris would take the stance she did in 2018 given how she acted 20 years prior.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 12-20-2020, 12:29 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

The rain in that Christchurch show is insane. I've seen bits and pieces over the years, can't recall Boys of Summer specifically. It's been on Youtube off and on but like most Eagles things, doesn't last very long.

And yes, his insistence on referring to Felder as "Mr. Felder" was a dead giveaway. It was said in a seething way. I don't think they get together for barbecues. LOL

That whole Bob Welch / RRHOF thing is really irksome. In hindsight, no surprise that Chris would take the stance she did in 2018 given how she acted 20 years prior.
I was on an Eagles board for a while, maybe 10(just googled - 2006) years ago(it was around the time Felder's book came out, because I won a copy in a giveaway they were doing), and a member sent me about a dozen different Eagles shows on DVD.
The fact that Christchurch was a pro shoot makes you wonder if it was supposed to be released, but the weather made it not a good option? The audience looks miserable, with their rain ponchos pulled down tight. And you can see the Eagle's breath when they're singing, so it had to be a miserable night for all.

Keeping Bob out of the HOF WAS CRIMINAL.
"Bob Welch SAVED Fleetwood Mac" - Mick Fleetwood
Then act like it, you bunch of douchecanoes!
I hope Christine regrets her insistence on keeping him out. Although I doubt any of these people regret any of their actions...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 12-20-2020, 12:55 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was on an Eagles board for a while, maybe 10(just googled - 2006) years ago(it was around the time Felder's book came out, because I won a copy in a giveaway they were doing), and a member sent me about a dozen different Eagles shows on DVD.
The fact that Christchurch was a pro shoot makes you wonder if it was supposed to be released, but the weather made it not a good option? The audience looks miserable, with their rain ponchos pulled down tight. And you can see the Eagle's breath when they're singing, so it had to be a miserable night for all.

Keeping Bob out of the HOF WAS CRIMINAL.
"Bob Welch SAVED Fleetwood Mac" - Mick Fleetwood
Then act like it, you bunch of douchecanoes!
I hope Christine regrets her insistence on keeping him out. Although I doubt any of these people regret any of their actions...
My guess is Christine probably doesn't give Bob Welch a passing thought much at all. Definitely a disgrace - there wouldn't be a Stevie and Lindsey era of Fleetwood Mac if there wasn't a Bob era. And that time has some of Christine's best songs in her entire catalog IMO. Dumb.

I always wondered what the point of that Christchurch show being filmed was - would they have released a live show such a short time after releasing the HFO video? Like The Dance, HFO was polished and while good, a full length HFO era concert, warts/rain and all, would be a great release.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 12-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
My guess is Christine probably doesn't give Bob Welch a passing thought much at all. Definitely a disgrace - there wouldn't be a Stevie and Lindsey era of Fleetwood Mac if there wasn't a Bob era. And that time has some of Christine's best songs in her entire catalog IMO. Dumb.

I always wondered what the point of that Christchurch show being filmed was - would they have released a live show such a short time after releasing the HFO video? Like The Dance, HFO was polished and while good, a full length HFO era concert, warts/rain and all, would be a great release.
I would love to sit down with Christine and talk about the early days with Bob. I don't think they got along very much. I say that only because of the things Bob said. He was the first American in the band and he said they and especially Christine expected to be treated like royalty. Bob also said Christine did not like his speaking parts during live shows and would give him the evil eye.
On the flip side, the show with Bob in 1981 they were all smiling friends. It was Lindsey who produced Sentimental Lady to make it a big solo hit for Bob which again Christine sung back up. Now that he has passed, I am sure she would have nothing but good things to say about him. But the treatment he got for the RRHOF was horrendous and probably over not that much money. And the worst part of it was Mick's second book where he raved about Bob over and over, never a bad word. It was pure propaganda compared to the hard truth how he was treated. I may be in the minority but I was insulted the band performed Hypnotized on stage just as much as Second Hand News during this last tour. These people have NO SHAME.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 12-20-2020, 02:33 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I may be in the minority but I was insulted the band performed Hypnotized on stage just as much as Second Hand News during this last tour.
It was to fill in for a Lindsey song. The Lindsey live staples Big Love, NGBA, So Afraid, Tusk, and IKINW had to go so they threw in classic rock radio songs liek Hypnotized, BMW, Oh Well, Man of the World and Tell Me was on the 50 Years Anthology which I think was being sold at the concerts???
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 12-20-2020, 04:24 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
My guess is Christine probably doesn't give Bob Welch a passing thought much at all. Definitely a disgrace - there wouldn't be a Stevie and Lindsey era of Fleetwood Mac if there wasn't a Bob era. And that time has some of Christine's best songs in her entire catalog IMO. Dumb.

I always wondered what the point of that Christchurch show being filmed was - would they have released a live show such a short time after releasing the HFO video? Like The Dance, HFO was polished and while good, a full length HFO era concert, warts/rain and all, would be a great release.
I'm sure she doesn't give him a second thought. Turns out she's not the saint I'd spent my entire life hoping that she was.

Christchurch pro shoot is weird, in that I would ASSume production there would cost double what it does here(but what the hell do I know about NZ - only that I've had FOUR separate friends go there on vacation, come back and sell everything they own, and move there. FOUR). So yeah, you'd assume a pro shoot here would be the way to go...unless they thought it was special to do it in a foreign land?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 12-20-2020, 10:45 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He was the Judy Wong of the Eagles.
I guess that must mean that he will die without health insurance toothless and alone in a rundown LA apartment while the band the he helped make famous and filthy rich doesn't lift a finger to help him
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 12-20-2020, 11:41 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I guess that must mean that he will die without health insurance toothless and alone in a rundown LA apartment while the band the he helped make famous and filthy rich doesn't lift a finger to help him
Apparently these multi millionaire rock stars we worship are too self absorbed to care about anyone else.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 12-20-2020, 11:52 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I would love to sit down with Christine and talk about the early days with Bob. I don't think they got along very much. I say that only because of the things Bob said. He was the first American in the band and he said they and especially Christine expected to be treated like royalty. Bob also said Christine did not like his speaking parts during live shows and would give him the evil eye.
On the flip side, the show with Bob in 1981 they were all smiling friends. It was Lindsey who produced Sentimental Lady to make it a big solo hit for Bob which again Christine sung back up. Now that he has passed, I am sure she would have nothing but good things to say about him. But the treatment he got for the RRHOF was horrendous and probably over not that much money. And the worst part of it was Mick's second book where he raved about Bob over and over, never a bad word. It was pure propaganda compared to the hard truth how he was treated. I may be in the minority but I was insulted the band performed Hypnotized on stage just as much as Second Hand News during this last tour. These people have NO SHAME.

Lindsey produced the song at Mick's request. Lindsey told me directly that he did it as a favor for Mick. So as big a douche as Mick can be, he really is the one that stays in touch with people and puts the most value on relationships (not 100%, but then who is)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 12-21-2020, 12:21 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey produced the song at Mick's request. Lindsey told me directly that he did it as a favor for Mick. So as big a douche as Mick can be, he really is the one that stays in touch with people and puts the most value on relationships (not 100%, but then who is)
That's because he needs ARTISTS with whom he can hitch his broken down trailer to their bumper.

Mick is always thinking of the bottom line, and his 3rd(4th?) upcoming bankruptcy. He needs to nurture those relationships for his own wallet.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-21-2020, 06:07 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey produced the song at Mick's request. Lindsey told me directly that he did it as a favor for Mick. So as big a douche as Mick can be, he really is the one that stays in touch with people and puts the most value on relationships (not 100%, but then who is)
That was one of my points from my earlier post. They were all chummy after Bob left. But with all things with Mick, when it comes to money he will throw you overboard or cut ties if it profits him.
Sadly, this will be the reason he will welcome Lindsey back for the "Farewell tour." He knows the last tour with the final 5 will be more profitable so that is why I think it will happen.
One of the best stories Bob told on his old website was that he ran into Lindsey at a club or bar shortly after Lindsey joined and Lindsey confronted Bob "How did you stand these people." Bob said something like "I know your pain."
We can only speculate but Bob became a threat to Mick during the worst part in Mick's life thus even the small amount Bob was asking for would have hurt Mick's lifestyle and forced him to spend money on attorneys. Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine had left. Chris recorded Time but would not tour. Mick tried to keep the band going with playing small clubs or special events/tours. Prior to the Dance, this was Fleetwood Mac's darkest days. Mick was not a writer of any of the Mac's songs so it limited his share of album sales. Mick never thought that Christine, Lindsey or Stevie would ever come back to the band. His lifestyle slipping away and now comes Bob suing for royalties of albums that were not even platinum. Good grief, how much was he asking? It could not have been that much but when your world is sinking, you need every dollar you can get. Bob was dead to him and he convinced the band just like with the Irving/Stevie firing of Lindsey to go along with him. And they supported his actions. We would not have known too much about this if it was not for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame snub.
Lindsey was right, Mick definitely is Piggy in the middle.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-21-2020 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician Photo 8X10
$19.99
1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician Photo 8X10 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved