https://youtu.be/vSxoNEjmko0

New to these ears, what a treat
Old 01-06-2023, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Wow, such excellent quality!!
Old 01-06-2023, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a flashback..I was there, it was my first concert ever and first Fleetwood Mac show.The big treat was “ The New song” Sisters of the Moon.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is really good, amazing to get that clean of sound out of an old tape. Great job and the band sounds amazing.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been looking at lots of Rumours tour stuff lately: Posters, concert dates, set lists, etc.
It cost $7.50 to see Fleetwood Mac and Kenny Loggins in early/mid 1977. $7.50 today would not even cover the parking to the concert today. It may not even cover the cost of a beer at the concert. The tour was very extensive but found it strange the Rumours tour never came to Pittsburgh even though they played the city numerous times on the previous tour. I feel awe for those of you that got to attend these concerts. The band sounded so good. There is a reason why when they were putting the tracks together for the 1980 Live album that they put several Rumours tour songs on the album even though Tusk was the more recent tour. There was never a Rhiannon or Over My Head as good as it was on that tour. Gold Dust Woman and Say You Love Me were also stellar.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:23 AM

Mick, don't try and outplay me.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The description says that “Sara” was on a part of the tape that got erased. I guess it’s possible but I think it’s unlikely.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2023, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David - did you know there was soundboard footage of this show as part of the unreleased stash that had been talked about for years?
Old 01-06-2023, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the big multi-act festival at JFK Stadium that Rolling Stone reviewed. I think Philly is also where Lindsey collapsed in his shower and was later diagnosed with epilepsy.

Looks like Stevie is wrapped up in her cobra hood for the new song, “Sisters of the Moon.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2023, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
David - did you know there was soundboard footage of this show as part of the unreleased stash that had been talked about for years?
No, this is new to me. It doesn’t sound like it’s off the board to me, but the picture says “console.” Nice! I’m listening to “World Turning” now — we were just chatting about Chris adding some blues riffs on the Hammond during the breakdown. The local paper had the same reaction as Rolling Stone: Stevie’s a lackluster drag on the show but the rest of the band pulls it together.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-07-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Woah! The band sounds amazing! Thank you!
Old 01-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks.

The '78 tour was well after the '77 Rumours tour ended. I think it's fair to characterize it as a standalone tour not to promote any album as such.

If that is the case, would the next such tour not occur until 2009?
Old 01-07-2023, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Thanks.

The '78 tour was well after the '77 Rumours tour ended. I think it's fair to characterize it as a standalone tour not to promote any album as such.

If that is the case, would the next such tour not occur until 2009?
The band's site and Wikipedia states it was still considered the Rumours tour but because of some new material and stadiums I see how it could be considered another venture. The band took a break to start Tusk in 1978 but hit the road again in 1978. The leg of the 1978 tour was called the "Penguin Summer Country Safari". The 1978 dates are still considered part of the Rumours tour. I was surprised to learn that in late 1978 when the stadium tour began, Rumours had fallen out of the top 40 and was at #59. It started the year at #1 (first 2 weeks of 1978). The album is still on the charts today but found it surprising how fast it fell in 1978 when the band was playing stadiums.

The Rumours tour had 6 legs.
1. First North American Leg February 24, 1977 - April 1, 1977
2. European Leg April 2, 1977 - April 26, 1977
3. Second North American leg May 1, 1977 - October 4, 1977
4. Oceana and Japan November 6, 1977 - December 5, 1977
5. North American Leg 3 December 7 and 10, 1977 - Hawaii
6 Penguin Country Summer Safari July 17, 1978 - August 30, 1978

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-07-2023 at 02:46 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The band's site and Wikipedia states it was still considered the Rumours tour but because of some new material and stadiums I see how it could be considered another venture. The band took a break to start Tusk in 1978 but hit the road again in 1978. The leg of the 1978 tour was called the "Penguin Summer Country Safari". The 1978 dates are still considered part of the Rumours tour.

The Rumours tour had 6 legs.
1. First North American Leg February 24, 1977 - April 1, 1977
2. European Leg April 2, 1977 - April 26, 1977
3. Second North American leg May 1, 1977 - October 4, 1977
4. Oceana and Japan November 6, 1977 - December 5, 1977
5. North American Leg 3 December 7 and 10, 1977 - Hawaii
6 Penguin Country Summer Safari July 17, 1978 - August 30, 1978
I suppose it can be considered a proper leg of the Rumours tour, but I see those concerts as stand-alone. When they got off the road in December 1977, Fleetwood Mac was finished with the Rumours tour. None of them had any plan or idea they would tour for a month later that summer. It was an ad hoc plan to take a studio break and really had no original connection to the 1977 tour. In 1978, these were big shows, like a month-long series of stand-alone stadium gigs (the East and West festivals weren’t related to a tour, either). Apart from playing live to take a break from the studio, I think the organization wanted to keep the band’s name in the spotlight — and unload the rest of the unsold 1977 programs and T-shirts. The 1978 concerts were very unusual, too, because there were no West Coast appearances. In fact, there were no appearances west of the Rockies. Really weird. Bly, I envy your getting to see this “leg.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-09-2023, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I suppose it can be considered a proper leg of the Rumours tour, but I see those concerts as stand-alone. When they got off the road in December 1977, Fleetwood Mac was finished with the Rumours tour. None of them had any plan or idea they would tour for a month later that summer. It was an ad hoc plan to take a studio break and really had no original connection to the 1977 tour. In 1978, these were big shows, like a month-long series of stand-alone stadium gigs (the East and West festivals weren’t related to a tour, either). Apart from playing live to take a break from the studio, I think the organization wanted to keep the band’s name in the spotlight — and unload the rest of the unsold 1977 programs and T-shirts. The 1978 concerts were very unusual, too, because there were no West Coast appearances. In fact, there were no appearances west of the Rockies. Really weird. Bly, I envy your getting to see this “leg.”
And apparently this was on the roster too. Providence was to be one of the warm up gigs, but alas

https://www.theuncool.com/journalism...fleetwood-mac/