The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Recording A New Album With Dave Stewart Producing In Nashville...

We have all been wondering what Stevie is up to in Nashville the past week...Unlike with the "IYD" sessions Dave has not tweeted any real details about the events going on...On Saturday (4/26) Mick attended a Jenny Boyd book signing at The Grove and our own "Hello Monster" was in attendance and this is from the transcription of what took place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Well... This will be interesting. This is transcribed by the way, I managed to record our conversation, so everything Mick says is real. I'm working on uploading my recording to Mediafire as soon as I figure out how.

Anyways. Here you go!

(Me) "So what's going on in Nashville?"

(Mick) "Uh she's making, uh Stevie's making an album... I think it's gonna be a first for her where she's doing that Nashville thing where they go in and all the musicians just play the songs and get it all done really quickly... were hoping."

(Me) "Well I heard that she's there with Dave and that Christine was there too. Are they doing something together?"

(Mick) "Dave's producing it, uh and she's using the wrecking crew down there, to my knowledge where they all just come in and jam out the songs in two weeks"

Sounds like a solo to me, ladies and gentlemen. Thoughts?
So I looks like we may be getting a new Stevie solo album before a new Mac album (how great is this!!! )...
Before everyone goes crazy about Stevie recording in Nashville remember this is where Dave goes when he record his records and when Dave records in Nashville at Blackbird his records are started and finished in 2 weeks...Another thing to keep in mind is that just because Stevie is recording in Nashville at Blackbird it doesn't mean she's making a "country"album...Now that Mick has let the proverbial cat out of the bag let's hope Dave let's us in on what's going on...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This had better not be somebody's sick idea of a joke.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I don't think "Hello Monster" is known for pulling pranks but we will see...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie is recording a solo album could it be that she has told FM that she's not working/ touring with them 3 years in a row...I'm sure that Stevie and Lindsey only planned on touring FM for a year...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt it. In the original thread is a link to download audio of the q&a. I'm pretty sure this is legit, although it is certainly new territory for Stevie.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
I doubt it. In the original thread is a link to download audio of the q&a. I'm pretty sure this is legit, although it is certainly new territory for Stevie.
Actually Stevie has done this before ...If you remember "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 DAYS
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
Here's the Barnes and Noble audio link...http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a
Old 04-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she's trying to pull a Beyoncé and release it completely unannounced.

Then again, it's weird to put out a solo album and then go tour with FM. So maybe she's getting the receding all over with and then waiting to release it till after FM has run it's course.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Ledgie

I think Stevie believes this is the only window of time she has to do another solo album. I think FM is asking everyone for a two to three year commitment (tour, album, tour) and Stevie said ok but give me the first half of 2014 to work on other things first. I think she has one album left on her record contract so this will let her fulfill that and then she 'll turn her focus to FM (and maybe do a few solo shows between legs of FM tours).
Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Actually Stevie has done this before ...If you remember "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 DAYS
Wow, never knew it only took 12 days... Interesting.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did you hear this??

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Where did you hear this??
You will have to find the Jim Ladd "Wild Heart" interview with Stevie, Sharon, Lori. & Sandy...Stevie talks about the tracks being recorded in 12 days and other things being done later...According to Stevie much of this was filmed...Find the interview as it's really great with Stevie & the girls singing a song at 4am in the morning...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they are serious about getting this record done really, really fast,It would explain why the recording is going on at Blackbird studios rather than Stevie's house. As was mentioned on the FM news site, Dave was able to do a few albums at Blackbird in like a week or something...Maybe a solo Stevie record is going to happen. Still not completely buying it...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Ledgie

I am excited to see Stevie working on new music. With three songwriters in the band and Fleetwood Mac actively recording, it is a wise idea to record a solo record, then join the band for their new record.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have all been wondering what Stevie is up to in Nashville the past week...Unlike with the "IYD" sessions Dave has not tweeted any real details about the events going on...On Saturday (4/26) Mick attended a Jenny Boyd book signing at The Grove and our own "Hello Monster" was in attendance and this is from the transcription of what took place...

So I looks like we may be getting a new Stevie solo album before a new Mac album (how great is this!!! )...
Before everyone goes crazy about Stevie recording in Nashville remember this is where Dave goes when he record his records and when Dave records in Nashville at Blackbird his records are started and finished in 2 weeks...Another thing to keep in mind is that just because Stevie is recording in Nashville at Blackbird it doesn't mean she's making a "country"album...Now that Mick has let the proverbial cat out of the bag let's hope Dave let's us in on what's going on...
I wish it was a country record.LOL..

I'm still shocked and caught off guard with this awesome news about Stevie is recording a solo record.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016