Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Still taking this book seriously?

These 3 total falsehoods posted by readers aren't enough for fans to see this book is nothing but a fairy tale?
[/IMG]
Let me add another thing that doesn't add up:

Carol claims that the infamous photoshoot for the 1977 Rolling Stone cover, with the band portrayed in bed together, took place in Lindsey's house, in his spare bedroom. She says that shoot only took an hour and that everyone was on their merry way again right after that. She also makes no mention whatsoever what happened between Stevie and Lindsey during that shoot. But over the years we have received quite a few different stories from different people involved, including Christine, Lindsey, Stevie Annie Liebovitz herself. This is what Ms. Leibovitz had to say about the day in question: "I have a feeling the band had all gone through rehab or something," says Leibovitz, "and I brought out huge amounts of drugs, thinking that's what they wanted. They were not so happy about it, but everyone consumed everything, so we were all out to lunch. I brought the mattress and sheets."

This is what Stevie said: "Afterwards, Lindsey and I got to talking about how amazing it was that not so long ago I was a waitress and he didn't have a job, and now we were on the cover of Rolling Stone with this huge record. And we lay there for two hours talking and making out. Finally, Annie had to tell us to leave, because she had rented the room for only so long." Apparantly they spent some time making out and Annie had rented the room. That doesn't coincide with them only being there for an hour and it taking place in Lindsey's bedroom.

Lindsey's recollection: "So the idea for the photo wasn't all that funny. We had to compartmentalize our feelings to keep the band functional, and at the end of the session, we had this moment of not being able to avoid all that had been lost. We embraced for about fifteen minutes, and Mick finally came over and said that people were starting to get uncomfortable. I don't know how healthy all this display of our personal life was, but that's showbiz." Obviously something else went on, but Ms. Harris completely dismisses everything that didn't have to do with herself.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^
Excellent post Vanessa. I am glad that you found those quotes from Annie, Stevie and Lindsey. I was thinking the same thing when I read that passage.

The photo shoot was so important, because it was the FIRST time FM appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone. (huh?) I remember an issue where Mick is dressed like a cheerleader (i.e. short red dress). The article is about the white Fleetwood Mac album. I thought THAT was the first cover of Rolling Stone that included the Lindsey/Stevie lineup.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Let me add another thing that doesn't add up:

Carol claims that the infamous photoshoot for the 1977 Rolling Stone cover, with the band portrayed in bed together, took place in Lindsey's house, in his spare bedroom. She says that shoot only took an hour and that everyone was on their merry way again right after that. She also makes no mention whatsoever what happened between Stevie and Lindsey during that shoot. But over the years we have received quite a few different stories from different people involved, including Christine, Lindsey, Stevie Annie Liebovitz herself. This is what Ms. Leibovitz had to say about the day in question: "I have a feeling the band had all gone through rehab or something," says Leibovitz, "and I brought out huge amounts of drugs, thinking that's what they wanted. They were not so happy about it, but everyone consumed everything, so we were all out to lunch. I brought the mattress and sheets."

This is what Stevie said: "Afterwards, Lindsey and I got to talking about how amazing it was that not so long ago I was a waitress and he didn't have a job, and now we were on the cover of Rolling Stone with this huge record. And we lay there for two hours talking and making out. Finally, Annie had to tell us to leave, because she had rented the room for only so long." Apparantly they spent some time making out and Annie had rented the room. That doesn't coincide with them only being there for an hour and it taking place in Lindsey's bedroom.

Lindsey's recollection: "So the idea for the photo wasn't all that funny. We had to compartmentalize our feelings to keep the band functional, and at the end of the session, we had this moment of not being able to avoid all that had been lost. We embraced for about fifteen minutes, and Mick finally came over and said that people were starting to get uncomfortable. I don't know how healthy all this display of our personal life was, but that's showbiz." Obviously something else went on, but Ms. Harris completely dismisses everything that didn't have to do with herself.
stevie says 2 hours
lb says 15 minutes
cah says one hour start to finish
they "consumed everything"

think we can discredit everyone
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
stevie says 2 hours
lb says 15 minutes

Stevie says "made out"
Lindsey says "embraced"
Mick says "people were starting to get uncomfortable?"

I think HE was, especially!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
stevie says 2 hours
lb says 15 minutes

Sorry, I think I will choose to believe Miss Leibowicz, Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine over some scorned ex.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
stevie says 2 hours
lb says 15 minutes

I am smiling and then cracking up laughing at your and then laterTango's comment. Laughing so loudly, that my teenagers and 21 year old just told me to shut up.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Exactly Right-Kelly.

Why anyone would believe a spurned ex is beyond me; especially someone of such questionable moral character. As you have so astutely pointed out in your insightful posts, she is an opportunist; a spiteful one at that (I might add.) Otherwise, why else would she wait until after Lindsey settled down and became a loving family-man, that had matured enough to mend fences with the Mac/Stevie, and garner critical accolades as a visionary musician in his own right.

I don't think she remained silenced because the Mac-members got lawyered up. She remained silent (as opposed to silenced) because like any snake in the grass, she calculatingly waited for an opportune moment to strike and spew-forth her venom. What better time to "strike out" than after Lindsey has turned his life around and doing so well on their own.

CarolC

Last edited by carol7lynn; 07-08-2007 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I am smiling and then cracking up laughing at your and then laterTango's comment. Laughing so loudly, that my teenagers and 21 year old just told me to shut up.
the thought of it makes me smile & crack up a bunch of wasted people trying to recall an hour (or two). not surprising no one managed to get their stories straight