User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Have not seen her Twitter account. As a licensed business, she can hire a registered Archtitect for any projects that may involve structural or building code issues. However, the individual Architect must be registered with the state.

Not sure of the purpose of these posts. I had only one interaction with Kristen. Before a concert in Milwaukee, she was visiting with a friend (might be from the area). My daughter asked her to go backstage and get Lindsey to sign a photo, and she obliged and seemed very pleasant.

For what it is worth, the Stevie bashing on the Rumours board is in poor taste (and I am not a Stevie fan).
For what it's worth I'm not bashing anybody. I'm just explaining what her Twitter account says. Thanks for explaining everything with so much detail.

I'm glad you have a nice experience with her. I also don't understand the need to tell me this when I didn't say anything bad about her.

I guess Stevie's fans and Lindsey's fans have more things in common than they think.

"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I very much doubt she would be living the luxurious life she's living without her husband's fortune. But hey, that's always the wife's privilege for being a wife!
same as if the guy marries rich.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm glad you have a nice experience with her. I also don't understand the need to tell me this when I didn't say anything bad about her.

I guess Stevie's fans and Lindsey's fans have more things in common than they think.

Probably both are over-sensitive - including myself. I usually just wait for Elle to respond to any potentially disparaging LB comments (not that yours were, I likely just mis-interpreted some comments as "wife hate" - criticism comes with the territory as an artist or public figure, but comments about family members crosses the line in my opinion).
Old 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I feel like a lot of Lindsey's lyrics, starting around like Mirage, maybe even Tusk, at least for me started to become kind of like ???????
I think he started writing less about obvious personal things, like this happened, then this etc and he would instead get like an idea from something/someone and write a song around it.

Like Oh Diane, what even is that.
i think Lindsey's lyrics got immensely better in the 90s, at the time he was writing GOS1 songs. much stronger lyrics, with layers of meanings in many of his songs since then.

there was a story that at the time of Rumours he'd write a sentence on the piece of paper, tear the paper in individual words, and give each word to someone to make a new sentence around it, and then he'd use those sentences for his verses.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, I like the EP!

I know, he tried once. He's not gonna try twice.
me too, i like his 3 songs on the EP. but only 2 were really finished, ITT was thrown in haphazardly. that's why i think it's good that SN didn't in the end agree to the FM album - because it would be haphazardly put together, like SYW and EP were. i think (i hope!) that BuckVie album will actually be cohesive, something we didn't get from not-quite-successfully-compromising Buck Nicks combo in the last few decades.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably both are over-sensitive - including myself. I usually just wait for Elle to respond to any potentially disparaging LB comments (not that yours were, I likely just mis-interpreted some comments as "wife hate" - criticism comes with the territory as an artist or public figure, but comments about family members crosses the line in my opinion).
tsk tsk i see how that works, you use me to do dirty work for y'all!

Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her website is KB LLC (limited liability corporation - set up to protect personal assets from company obligations and liabilities, including lawsuits). I see no reference, past or present, that makes reference to being an architect or offering architectural services. You must be registered in each state you practice in to offer architectural design services as they have serious responsibilities and obligations (life safety, means of egress, structural if a separate structural engineer is not retained, occupancy limitations, etc.).

An interior designer helps you pick fabrics, furnishings and artwork. It is very much akin to the fashion industry, but for homes and buildings instead of personal garments.

Sorry to be anal, but being in the construction business, I am very attuned to the reponsibilities and obligations of design professionals.
I know what an LLC is. I own one. The instagram account uses #kbarchitecture or #kristenbuckinghamarchitecture on all the photos of the houses being built and decorated by the owner, Kristen Buckingham. That's what the comment was in reference to. I know what it entails to be an architect, which is precisely why I was calling it out. I know what an interior designer is. Thanks for all the info.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7qd-8j...en-by=kbchrush
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSBjuBMg...en-by=kbchrush
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRoLmLKA...en-by=kbchrush

edited to add: Her twitter account also says:

Kristen Buckingham
@KBChrush
Mother. Wife. Designer. Architecture and Interiors. All happening in Los Angeles.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-04-2017 at 08:34 PM..
Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she's a designer with a particularly large amount of clients, probably because it doesn't seem like she had much of a 'design education'. It seems like they buy houses, she decorates them, and then they sell them. Like how a rich person becomes a designer basically.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because KB was a photographer originally when she met LB, is that correct? Has any of her photography portfolio ever come to light....I'd like to see it.
I find her interior design work a bit intense though and I feel if I sat in one of her designed living rooms I'd get a headache straight away with so much contrasting colour and texture going on.....
Old 05-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Holiday Road

Holiday Road was the background to a Postcards from Trump segment last night on Stephen Colbert. It plays fine for me on FB, I lost sound on the CBS page, but share links nonetheless

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...45775132233909

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-sh...ephen-colbert/
Old 07-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 15 Amusing Keith Urban Facts

http://countryfancast.com/15-keith-urban-facts/

15 AMUSING KEITH URBAN FACTS

by Sarah Netemeyer ‐ July 13, 2017

photo: Evan Agostini / Invision

There's a lot you may not know about the country music superstar. Check out this collection of fifteen Keith Urban facts and expand your knowledge!

Country music star Keith Urban, 49, has won over legions of fans across the globe due to his natural musical talent, songwriting abilities, stint as a judge on American Idol— and of course his good looks combined with an awesome accent doesn’t hurt either.

The country music sensation has been on the Nashville music scene since 1992 and broke out as a solo act in 1999 with the release of his self-titled album Keith Urban. That record was certified Platinum in the United States and produced his first No.1 hit with “But for the Grace of God.”

Presently, Urban recently celebrated his 11th wedding anniversary with wife Nicole Kidman in June and will be turning the big 5-0 in October.

Think you know everything about the guitar-slinging stud with a golden voice? Well, these fifteen Keith Urban facts are a bit obscure…

#1 Favorite creative session snack: Fried Pimento Cheese Sandwiches

#2 Songwriting hideout: The shower. Yes, he writes in the shower— let that sink in for a minute…

#3 Go-to writing apparatus: The singer always writes down his songs in ink pen. No pencil or typing for Mr. Urban.

#4 Educational background: Keith Urban dropped out of high school at just 15-years-old. Thank goodness he’s a guitar prodigy…

#5 First song ever fully learned: “House Of The Rising Sun” by The Animals, 1964 (Keith himself can teach it to you in the video below…)

#6 Place of birth: He’s known as being an Australian country music singer, but Keith Urban was actually born in Whangarei, New Zealand. (pronounced “Wong-A-Ray”)

#7 Childhood nickname: Keith was dubbed “Suburban” because he was the second of two sons. Get the family joke? Sub-Urban?

#8 Musical talent: Besides the guitar, Urban can play bass, drums, piano, ganjo (a six-string banjo), and sitar.

#9 Early Nashville gig: After arriving in the United States, Keith wasn’t legally allowed to take a non-music job. He found work as a road guitarist for Brooks & Dunn, the Dixie Chicks, and Alan Jackson. Fans can spot a very young Urban featured in the music video for Jackson’s 1993 hit “Mercury Blues.” (He’s the one with crazy long hair…)

#10 Keith Urban’s pet peeves: People who don’t look him in the eye when they shake his hand and people who don’t clean out the dryer’s lint filter.

#11 Cameo appearance: The country star sang backing vocals on INXS’s live album Live Baby Live, which was released in 1992.

#12 Across the pond: In 2005, Urban performed in front of European audiences for the first time.

#13 Early inspiration: Urban’s guitar playing was influenced by two rock artists, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits and Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac.

#14 Notes from his muse: His latest album Ripcord takes its name from a play and the title was suggested to him by his wife Nicole Kidman.

#15 Surprising admission: Despite his longtime love of music, he claims he doesn’t know how to actually read music.

Now you really are an expert on all things Keith Urban. Congrats! Be sure to share these fun facts with other fans of the “Blue Ain’t Your Color” singer!

Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 AM

Kobalt Capital raises $600m to buy new music copyrights

Kobalt Capital, the UK fund run by music-publishing company Kobalt, has raised $600m to acquire new copyrights.
The funding round has been led by Railpen, the railways pension fund. It is the second time that the Kobalt Fund has tapped investors after it raised $350m in 2011 and acquired a series of rights including those owned by The B52s, Fleetwood Mac songwriter Lindsey Buckingham, and 18,000 songs owned by Nettwerk including hits by Sinead O’Connor and 10,000 Maniacs.

The fund, which is run by former hedge fund manager Johan Ahlstroem, is separate to the main Kobalt business, which prides itself on allowing its artists to keep their own copyrights.

Financial investors have clamoured for valuable music copyrights in recent years as the price of catalogues rose sharply.

Willard Ahdritz, founder of Kobalt, said: “The music industry has a strong growth story. Recorded music will grow three times in size and that will flow down to 5 per cent growth in publishing.”

He said that Kobalt’s database means it can put a value on publishing assets for the Kobalt Fund and that it turned down 75 per cent of the acquisitions it considered in the first round. “It’s like real estate. Are you going to buy south of the river or not,” he said.

Kobalt’s main business has raised money twice this year, valuing the Waterloo, London-based company at almost $1bn.

https://www.ft.com/content/77616aaf-...4-657b8377fb98
Old 11-08-2017, 05:14 PM

The Dutch version of Top of the Pops was absolutely wild

A vast YouTube archive reveals the weird, wonderful and sometimes genius parallel universe of TopPop – the Netherlands’ anything-goes answer to Top of the Pops.

Think of a band, any band, so long as they had an international chart hit in the 1970s or 80s. There is a pretty good chance that band lip-synced that song on the Dutch music television show TopPop. There is an even better chance that the performance in question is incredibly bloody weird.

The Dutch answer to the UK’s Top of the Pops was broadcast from 1970 to 1988, featuring the latest hits from both domestic and international artists. Since few international acts included the Netherlands on their tour schedules, filming of a lot of the international performances was outsourced to studios in the US or UK. Across the board, little to no creative boundaries appear to have been put in place.

The official TopPop YouTube channel hosts more than a thousand (and still growing) performances which run the spectrum from pure class to utter depravity. Almost all of them feature one or more of the following: bizarre or inappropriate stage props, creative green screen techniques, appallingly lackluster attempts at pretending to play an instrument, unjustifiably bad fashion, strangely hypnotic dance routines… In other words it is a digital treasure trove containing some of the greatest and most creative music videos from a time before music videos were even a thing.

Please enjoy the following examples.

Lindsey Buckingham – ‘Trouble’ (1982)

A strong contender for the surliest and most reluctant performance ever recorded for TopPop as Fleetwood Mac genius Lindsey Buckingham suffers his way through solo hit ‘Trouble’, unconvincingly miming the song’s flamenco guitar flourishes on an electric guitar. The only other person in the studio who cared less about their job appears to be in charge of the lighting.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/09-11...solutely-wild/
Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 AM
Ledgie

I don't know if this warrants its own thread, but has anyone heard the actual audio from this 1982 Westwood radio interview with LB from Mary Turner? I didn't buy this, since it was $20 and I don't have a record player.

Also, here's a poster of guitarists' names on it with LB's on the neck. When I saw it having a bunch of names, I was like, it better have LB on it. I didn't buy it, since it was like $6 or $10:
Old 01-31-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.timesreporter.com/news/20...lphia-students

Singer/songwriter Diana Chittester shares her talents with New Philadelphia students

By Joe Wright
Posted Jan 30, 2018 at 12:03 PM Updated Jan 30, 2018 at 3:27 PM

Diana Chittester will be playing at the Performing Arts Center at Kent State University Tuscarawas March 3. Royal Wood, an accomplished singer/songwriter from Canada, also will be performing as part of this intimate evening of acoustic music. The show is part of the Come Hear Series.

Singer/songwriter Diana Chittester brought her talents to New Philadelphia High Monday, working with guitar classes and holding a joint workshop with the band and choir.

Chittester will be playing at the Performing Arts Center at Kent State University Tuscarawas at 7:30 p.m. March 3. Royal Wood, an accomplished singer/songwriter from Canada, also will be performing as part of this intimate evening of acoustic music. The show is part of the Come Hear Series.

Chittester, who resides in Cleveland, offered up her talents during three sessions with New Philadelphia guitar students at the high school, and a special songwriting techniques lecture/concert and Q&A with guitar, choir and band students during a meeting in the auditorium at Welty Middle School.

Chittester plays guitar using alternate tunings and a percussive attack, which makes it sound as if there is more than one person playing.

During a morning session with Guitar Ensemble 1 Class, Chittester demonstrated some tricks that will add layers to a musician’s approach. She said she noticed early in her career that hitting the guitar and strings in a certain way could make a big difference and keep those in the audience more attentive.

She said she’s looking forward to playing at the PAC on March 3.

“I’m excited about the show,” she said. “It’s a space designed for the performance I do. I’m looking forward to the intimacy (the PAC provides).”

She said her main go to is a folk rock style, with the emphasis on rock. She points to Ani DiFranco, Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac, Ann Wilson of Heart, Jewel and KT Tunstall as some of the artists who have made an impact.

Teaching is something Chittester enjoys. She conducts workshops and offers lessons. She enjoys the challenge of taking information and presenting it in a way a student can understand. The payoff is immense.

“When the green light comes on ... when something unlocks in a person and they get it (that is gratifying),” she said. “It’s the same with songwriting. People are capable of much more than they know.”
If You Go

If You Go

What: An Evening with: Royal Wood and Diana Chittester

When: 7:30 p.m. March 3

Where: The Performing Arts Center at Kent State University at Tuscarawas, 330 University Drive NE, New Philadelphia.

Tickets: Starting at $30. Purchase tickets by calling the Performing Arts Center box office at 330-308-6400 or online at www.kent.edu/tusc/pac. The box office is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Parking: Free parking is available for all shows.

New Philadelphia High guitar teacher Chad Roberts said having Chittester was a valuable experience for his students.

“It was great to partner with the PAC and Diana. Everything she worked on with the kids was spot on,” said Roberts. “It’s tough to figure out the techniques and so it is a real treat to have someone like Diana here.”

David Mitchell, General Manager of the PAC, said the educational outreach is something that is important for the students.

“It’s something that is good for everybody,” said Mitchell. “It gets an artist into a school, and it introduces an artist that will be performing at the PAC. The community needs the arts.”

Prior to the 7:30 p.m. March 3 show, New Philadelphia junior Ainsley Sefert will be singing and playing guitar in the lobby of the PAC. Chittester will collaborate on a song with Sefert, as well.

Chittester has two full-length albums to her credit — “In This Skin” (2012) and “Find My Way Home” (2014) — and has made music her living.

“On my worst day I remind myself that I’m playing what I want to play, the way I want to play it,” she said. “I love the constant creativity.”