User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
That track list is the track list from the Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? bootleg....which was a "live in studio" recording for radio promotion. The Bermuda Triangle CD is a truncated version of that same bootleg.
Thanks chiliD! I finally figured that out after listening closely to each one. The Bob Welch raps solidified it.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

On the Rumours side of this site there's a specific thread where bootlegs are posted so that likeminded Mac fans can enjoy. Any chance of something similar being started over here for the 1971-1974 era, and also for the Peter Green years???

II'd love to hear some boots from the Future Games and Bare Tree's tours. I wasn't aware there were many in circulation.

Anyone fancy posting some up here? Rapidshare or whatever???
Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
On the Rumours side of this site there's a specific thread where bootlegs are posted so that likeminded Mac fans can enjoy. Any chance of something similar being started over here for the 1971-1974 era, and also for the Peter Green years???

II'd love to hear some boots from the Future Games and Bare Tree's tours. I wasn't aware there were many in circulation.

Anyone fancy posting some up here? Rapidshare or whatever???
I'd love to share the boots I have (I wear boots all summer long....sorry I couldn't resist!) , but I never have uploaded anything, so I know nothing about those programs. I'm not very technically inclined. Is it easy to do? Anybody out there who could share their knowledge?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
He's too young to retire! Ageist.

Should he go back to insulting people's shirts? I'm pretty fond of the current one.
No the sheep must stay. But he might want to bleat "What's a matter baby?" as a tribute to WISYA from Tango...
Old 06-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
'Prove Your Love' is my favorite Christine song also!!!
Great tune. But I think my favorite Chris song from Heroes is "Bad Loser." Such a driving backing track layered over with her calm, cool, but knowing vocals.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No the sheep must stay. But he might want to bleat "What's a matter baby?" as a tribute to WISYA from Tango...
Baaaaaaybeh!

And so I'm not completely hjjacking this thread, I love Bad Loser, too. I wish I had a turntable so I could play Heroes now.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Bob Welch Interview

Hey guys,

New to the forum but a huge Mac fan, specifically of the '71-'74 era. I do a classic rock radio show (Jurassic Pork, playing nothing but the deep, fat cuts from the dinosaurs of rock)on KOOP 91.7 in Austin, TX and I was lucky enough to do a pre-taped phone interview with Bob Welch a few weeks ago. He was totally gracious and forthcoming about pretty much everything. We spoke for about 90 minutes but I had to whittle the interview down to some choice soundbites, which I've interspersed between some of my favorite "deep" Mac/solo cuts of his.

You can download an mp3 of the show here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4z3eyiymzhn

I'm in the middle of transcribing the interview as there were a number of elaborate stories that Bob told that I just couldn't fit within my hour-long show. Hopefully there will be some blogs (or, god forbid, print publications) who would be interesting in running it, as I know that there are a bunch of people who would enjoy reading it.

Thanks guys, enjoy!

-Mike
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeepace View Post
Hey guys,

New to the forum but a huge Mac fan, specifically of the '71-'74 era. I do a classic rock radio show (Jurassic Pork, playing nothing but the deep, fat cuts from the dinosaurs of rock)on KOOP 91.7 in Austin, TX and I was lucky enough to do a pre-taped phone interview with Bob Welch a few weeks ago. He was totally gracious and forthcoming about pretty much everything. We spoke for about 90 minutes but I had to whittle the interview down to some choice soundbites, which I've interspersed between some of my favorite "deep" Mac/solo cuts of his.

I'm in the middle of transcribing the interview as there were a number of elaborate stories that Bob told that I just couldn't fit within my hour-long show. Hopefully there will be some blogs (or, god forbid, print publications) who would be interesting in running it, as I know that there are a bunch of people who would enjoy reading it.

Thanks guys, enjoy!

-Mike
Much appreciated Mike! Would love to hear/read what else Bob had to say. It appears you and Bob had a lively conversation. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'd love to share the boots I have (I wear boots all summer long....sorry I couldn't resist!) , but I never have uploaded anything, so I know nothing about those programs. I'm not very technically inclined. Is it easy to do? Anybody out there who could share their knowledge?
Sadly I dont know myself. I see the guys over on the Rumours board regulary post, using mediafire or rapidshare. I guess you need an account to upload.

If we're not able to upload any, is anyone able to post links to other blogsites where bootlegs from this era maybe available? I'd love to give some 71-74 shows a try.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeepace View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks guys, enjoy!

-Mike

Thank you

Will d/l and give it a listen. Nice
Old 06-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet but here's a live show from March 1972, featuring Kirwan and Welch:

http://bootlegtunzworld.blogspot.com...r-seattle.html

Fleetwood Mac
Live At The Paramount,
Seattle Washington
1972-03-10

FM Broadcast

Setlist:
01. Intro
02. Tell Me All The Things You Do
03. Future Games
04. Get Like You Used To Be
05. Little Child Of Mine
06. Spare Me A Little
07. Homeward Bound
08. Black Magic Woman
09. Oh Well
10. Station ID and next weeks Shows
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet but here's a live show from March 1972, featuring Kirwan and Welch:

Fleetwood Mac
Live At The Paramount,
Seattle Washington
1972-03-10

FM Broadcast

Setlist:
01. Intro
03. Future Games
05. Little Child Of Mine
06. Spare Me A Little
07. Homeward Bound
08. Black Magic Woman
09. Oh Well
This was a good show. Welch was particularly in good form and even came up with some classic patter between numbers.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This was a good show. Welch was particularly in good form and even came up with some classic patter between numbers.
Just wondered what date Danny was fired from the band? If this is March 1972, how close to the end of his time, is this performance??
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Fleetwood Mac
Live At The Paramount,
Seattle Washington
1972-03-10

FM Broadcast

Setlist:
01. Intro
03. Future Games
05. Little Child Of Mine
06. Spare Me A Little
07. Homeward Bound
08. Black Magic Woman
09. Oh Well

The cool thing on this is hearing Danny taking the lead vocal on "Black Magic Woman". For a LONG time, I just assumed that Welch sang ALL the Peter Green material that they did at the time. Upon first listen to this recording some years back, it was quite the revelation. (no pun intended)

There's another boot from around this time (I think a little earlier) recorded in Sindelfingen, Germany...slightly different set list..one or two more FG tunes. Not quite as good of sound quality as the Seattle show, though. (but good for being most likely an audience recording...not one for an FM radio broadcast)

Last edited by chiliD; 06-21-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The cool thing on this is hearing Danny taking the lead vocal on "Black Magic Woman". For a LONG time, I just assumed that Welch sang ALL the Peter Green material that they did at the time. Upon first listen to this recording some years back, it was quite the revelation. (no pun intended)

There's another boot from around this time (I think a little earlier) recorded in Sindelfingen, Germany...slightly different set list..one or two more FG tunes. Not quite as good of sound quality as the Seattle show, though. (but good for being most likely an audience recording...not one for an FM radio broadcast)
Yeah, I have heard that one, too. It has some good tunes on it, and you can hear "Woman of a Thousand Years," "Morning Rain." But as a whole that show doesn't add up as well as the Seattle one. Danny sounds strong, but Welch and Christine McVie sound a bit lost or unsure of themselves. Is it just me?