User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
There might be a clinic near you where you pay on a sliding scale. Maybe check the yellow pages? Or switchboard.com? Your mother sucks. Paula's right, don't worry about your weight or anything else right now for that matter, just healing.
thanks, i'll have to look into that. i didn't even think of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
carrie...are you taking any anti-inflam (motrin) as suggested?
yeah, i'm taking 4 every 6 hrs or so. i'm hoping the reason i'm having more pain today is that i just did too much sitting/standing yesterday.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
yeah, i'm taking 4 every 6 hrs or so. i'm hoping the reason i'm having more pain today is that i just did too much sitting/standing yesterday.
Yes, even though you don't like to, do try to keep as much pressure off the spine by laying down flat as much as possible with pillows underneath the knees as that also helps to "round" out the back and take pressure off. ((((carrie)))) Goodness Carrie...I hope you find relief soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completed week #1 of the "couch to 5K" plan as of this morning. It might seem silly, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself right now. In addition to that, I'm continuing with the elliptical on the other days (for a total of 6 days a week with at least 30 minutes of cardio each day), plus abs daily & resistance exercises 3 times a week.

Diet has been good, no major screw-ups & still counting WW points. I've changed to smaller dinner plates - I read that people tend to want to completely fill a plate with food, then eat everything on it. Studies have shown that if you use a smaller plate, it looks like more food & most people eat about 25% less. I weigh myself tomorrow, so we'll see...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Yes, even though you don't like to, do try to keep as much pressure off the spine by laying down flat as much as possible with pillows underneath the knees as that also helps to "round" out the back and take pressure off. ((((carrie)))) Goodness Carrie...I hope you find relief soon.
thanks niki. things are a little better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I completed week #1 of the "couch to 5K" plan as of this morning. It might seem silly, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself right now. In addition to that, I'm continuing with the elliptical on the other days (for a total of 6 days a week with at least 30 minutes of cardio each day), plus abs daily & resistance exercises 3 times a week.

Diet has been good, no major screw-ups & still counting WW points. I've changed to smaller dinner plates - I read that people tend to want to completely fill a plate with food, then eat everything on it. Studies have shown that if you use a smaller plate, it looks like more food & most people eat about 25% less. I weigh myself tomorrow, so we'll see...
yay! good job, paula! you rock.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I obviously don't rock that hard. Nothing lost, but nothing gained.

I'm attributing to heavy clothing. Yeah, that's it. My long sleeved shirt is much heavier than that short sleeved one I wore last week when I weighed myself.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ I obviously don't rock that hard. Nothing lost, but nothing gained.

I'm attributing to heavy clothing. Yeah, that's it. My long sleeved shirt is much heavier than that short sleeved one I wore last week when I weighed myself.
Hey - clothes weigh a lot more than one might think!!

I don't even want to go near a scale after last week - today the lack of exercise really hit me - and I feel somewhat blobbish - so tonight I'm going to hit it hard....I've been lazy since getting back

Even though my weight loss is slooooooow I am starting to feel better in my own skin - and that's where I really wanted to get to...

I also got my copy of '8 Weeks to OPTIMUM (not Opium) Health' in the mail yesterday
Old 11-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Hey - clothes weigh a lot more than one might think!!

I don't even want to go near a scale after last week - today the lack of exercise really hit me - and I feel somewhat blobbish - so tonight I'm going to hit it hard....I've been lazy since getting back

Even though my weight loss is slooooooow I am starting to feel better in my own skin - and that's where I really wanted to get to...

I also got my copy of '8 Weeks to OPTIMUM (not Opium) Health' in the mail yesterday
I hope you like the book. I should probably read it again at some point. I've been very busy socially so I haven't been to the gym for a week and I feel like a cow! I'm going tonight though.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope you like the book. I should probably read it again at some point. I've been very busy socially so I haven't been to the gym for a week and I feel like a cow! I'm going tonight though.
I'm looking forward to reading it! And that's exactly how I feel about the gym - I've not been in exactly one week now But definitely tonight - then tomorrow because I know I'll have some steam to blow off after seeing ole Bushy.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My stupid gym closes at 6pm which is early for this nightbird. I got caught up with some shopping this afternoon. So tomorrow I'll just go first thing!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My stupid gym closes at 6pm which is early for this nightbird. I got caught up with some shopping this afternoon. So tomorrow I'll just go first thing!
6 pm? wtf!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

6pm on a Saturday? That bites - but maybe it's because no one goes that late on Saturday - that's when I used to go to the gym in Rochester - between 6 and 7 on Saturday because I knew no one else would be there

That still sucks though...but tomorrow is another day...
Old 11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
6pm on a Saturday? That bites - but maybe it's because no one goes that late on Saturday - that's when I used to go to the gym in Rochester - between 6 and 7 on Saturday because I knew no one else would be there

That still sucks though...but tomorrow is another day...
Yep, most pp don't go at that time but, like you, that's why I go. People are irritating!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Yep, most pp don't go at that time but, like you, that's why I go. People are irritating!
You are so damn hot....forget the gym!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
You are so damn hot....forget the gym!!!
Wow. Thanks, I actually do it mostly for the mental benefits though.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Wow. Thanks, I actually do it mostly for the mental benefits though.
screw it...take the day off!!!