Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Who owns 'Say You Will' more?

Why, we do, of course!
Old 04-19-2003, 02:03 PM

Need I even say it? Lindsey of course.

The album would have been considerably better and more cohesive without Running Through the Garden and Silver Girl. I'm just glad those two are back to back, so I can skip them together. Running Through the Garden could have been saved if not for the 80s gloss in the production. Silver Girl just couldn't be saved.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing as he produced the whole album....!!!!!..........LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM.

p.s. CV, I totally agree with you, I love every single track on this album except those two. Running Through The Garden is good, but would have been so much better if it didn't have that, as you say, "80s gloss" all over it. I've listened to the whole album straight through about 10 times, and the one track that I didn't like from the first time I heard it and simply hasn't at all grown on me is Silver Girl.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh, it belongs to Lindsey. So he gets all the blame!(ducks)

Yes, I may be bored with the older songs, but I sure hope FM plays them at the concert because there's only 4 or 5 songs on SYW that I like. The rest is just plain bad.

And where the heck was Stevie? She's seen what other producers can do with her music. Didn't she ever stop and say, "Hey Lindsey, WHOA! What in the world are you doing to my song!"

Now I understand that video clip where we see Stevie in the booth and hear Lindsey say to her, "Is there anything else about it that you absolutely hate?" (speak up Stevie !!!)

So many of you have been saying that Stevie seemed very unhappy in the interviews on AOL. Now I know why. SHE had already heard SYW.

I keep playing the cd because I'm hoping it'll grow on me. This morning I had it on and my teenage son came downstairs and said, "Mom, can you turn that down, that stuff is creeping me out!" (must have been Red Rover or Murrow playing at the time) I don't blame him, I think a screeching guitar solo was making my ears bleed at the time.

I don't mean to be so negative, it's just that I'm sooo disappointed in this album.

Note to Lindsey: Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. (TUSK) (SYW) And if you're going to DO IT ANYWAY, don't take everybody else down with you.

This should have been a Lindsey solo album. But he couldn't get his work out without the FM name behind it. Now the reputation of FM is going to take the fall with him.

(the comments expressed here are not meant to upset anyone, nor am I trying to provoke anybody (like whoever it was who said Stevie should be slapped), this is just my opinion, I'm entitled to it and you are free to completely ignore it if you like. And BTW, I like Lindsey. I just don't like this.

Susieq
Old 04-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey,hands down.This coming from a Stevie fan,lol.This album is so similar to Tusk in that,while Lindsey's songs maybe be a bit much for some people,they have Stevie's songs to balance it perfectly.Only he can produce her songs like that,for sure.I personally love all Lindsey's stuff,as i did on Tusk(ok,well minus It's Not That Funny..cause dammit...It's Not That Good,lol.).You have this amazingly creative stuff from him,out of left field,where Stevie is more straightfoward,but what he brings out of the whole thing is just awesome

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's songs are better in my opinion. I think Lindsey's songs are stranger, but strange doesn't always mean good. Stevie is at the top of her game and these songs prove it. Sure, Lindsey's songs are crazy, but Stevie all the way!

PS: Sorry for opening up this old post, I couldn't help but defend Stevie!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey. His stuff is the most creative and it all flows well together. Stevie has a couple clunkers on there, but her stuff is pretty good.

Old 04-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
It has to be said that Lindsey's contributions sound quite dated, even lame alongside Stevie's more contemporary and dynamic numbers.
{spew take} WHAT?!?!?!

Half of Stevie's songs on the album are as old or older than Tusk and you call them "contemporary" and LINDSEY's songs "dated & lame". Who the hell do you think MADE Stevie's songs sound so dynamic? Lindsey, of course! Other than the four Stevie wrote at the last minute, Lindsey's songs are a helluva lot more contemporary than Stevie's.

Lord, I just wonder how much wax build-up some people have in their ear canals.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:29 PM

I think Christine made the most contribution to Say You Will. Her keyboards and backing vocals are crystal clear on this album. Without her this album would not have even sold 800,000 copies. Murrow shines with her organ chords! I don't know how they are able to do SYW songs without her!

Old 04-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Ledgie

Location: where FM, blink-182, norah jones, the shins, white stripes & cursive hang out!

l-i-n-d-s-e-y b-u-c-k-i-n-g-h-a-m!

• his prog-metal guitar riffs and lyrics are at the top of his game!!!
  • displays his thurst for adventure - melodic and inventive
  • beautifully produced digital sheen!

i cherish this album!

Last edited by AgainLindsey; 04-15-2004 at 06:05 PM..
Old 04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well,ehhhh, I'd say ehhh.........

Old 04-15-2004, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiercestCalmSea
L(ok,well minus It's Not That Funny..cause dammit...It's Not That Good,lol.))

AAaaaargggghhhh... It's a fabulous song. Some of the best drumming Mick's ever done is on that song. And the layered guitar sounds are brilliant, not to mentioned the anguished vocals. This is sheer brilliance.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham. I didn't even have to think about that one; his songs are clearly the greatest, the lyrics, music, vocals, production, etc, it's all perfect.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey of course. The idea that it's his songs that sound dated next to Stevie's is just ridiculous quite frankly.

Quote:
And where the heck was Stevie? She's seen what other producers can do with her music.
About half as good a job as Lindsey always did, yes.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

another vote for Lindsey

Good music is timeless, btw