The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

this is what happens when you get old and feeble.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
this is what happens when you get old and feeble.
Well as long as you don't attempt to play the thing on your Gramophone, you should be fine

And please, don't do as one of my elderly relatives and try and rewind the thing.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I honestly don't know if I can find the record in town... May have to order it at some point
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Honestly, guys. You two are supposed to be setting an example *tut tut*
I believe in trying to support local business when I can. Austin has a really fantastic Indie record store (Waterloo) and I want it to stay open for a LONG time, so I give them as much of my business as I can!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

I honestly don't know if I can find the record in town... May have to order it at some point
If your town is anything like mine, ordering will be the only way to go. I've never found a single Lindsey album in my home town. I've always had to go to the much larger cities to find something that doesn't come from the generic bubble gum "I'll be gone in five minutes" music club

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I believe in trying to support local business when I can. Austin has a really fantastic Indie record store (Waterloo) and I want it to stay open for a LONG time, so I give them as much of my business as I can!
I don't blame you at all. I do loathe chain stores, but we aren't a town that's well known for its smaller businesses. It's hard to find anything of my own personal tastes. Ah well. By next year I'll hopefully be settling in a new city, depending on how my MA applications work out.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No response on the content of my post? Shall I delete it?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Aaahhh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Prepare for Lindsey's most consistant soloalbum to date. Consistant in quality, but also in sound and production. It's a winner.
4 more days until I can hear this!! Everyone seems to love Rock Away Blind. I've not listened to any of it online, so I'm super excited for that one!

Gerald, thanks for the review. I can't wait to give mine next week.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
No response on the content of my post? Shall I delete it?
Eww... catty!

I did find it interesting that he has no fade outs. Does that mean the album has a very "live" feel?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Prepare for Lindsey's most consistant soloalbum to date. Consistant in quality, but also in sound and production. It's a winner. For me the faves are:
-the title track, ( just beautiful and tender )
-In Our Own Time , ( I think it's a masterpiece and I'm really curious what US radio does with the weird unconventional treatment of this song )
-TTWLG, (what a great great rocker, I cried from the solo till the end. Also the It Goes It Goes -screams are spinechilling),
-One Take
( he really shreds the Turner to pieces on this one, fabulous lyric, great Livesong I presume, with an extended solo- please extend it until it becomes almost ridiculous- this is the best soloriffing he did in years!)

-Rock Away Blind ( I sincerely think this one is one of his best songs, maybe even is going to win a spot above Shut Us Down in my fave-list)

- The End Of Time ( is simply a classic Mac song, I was afraid the studioversion would never reach the emotional level from the liveversion, but believe me, it does.)

It's an album with an approach, a vision. It's incredibly wellcrafted and original. And the guitarwork on this album is beyond stunning. Not only because of the skills, but also because of the feel. What an artist. There's no comparison.

And: for a lot of people a minor thing, but for me: a Milestone in Lindsey's songcraft: 11 tracks and NOT ONE fade out!!!!
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a little insight to an album many of us are waiting for with baited breath. It sounds like a very emotionally evocative album, nothing less than expected from such a hard working individual as Lindsey. Do you have a particular favourite you would pick above the others? I'm enthused by your description of "One Take", because I'm a lover of the extended solo guitar when placed with self fulfilling and beautiful lyrics. Probably why Country Feedback is my favourite R.E.M. song. Because the poetry juxtaposed with Peter Buck's splendid riff in its greatest live performance takes my breath away every time. That and Leave have always reminded me of Lindsey's own methods, and his extensive use of guitar to invoke emotions, more often than not his own. I think you might like the two R.E.M. songs. If you'd like, you could send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the songs.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I am so in love...

with this new album. Seriously, it is absolutely perfection. I don't think I have felt this strongly about one of LB's solo albums aside from OOTC. I absolutely can't believe how stunning it is. I am speechless. Of course, he never fails to amaze me but I am telling you all this is a work of art. I'm not posting this to boast because I did get it a little early, I just had to share and hopefully everyone will be able to express their thoughts once they have heard it.

I actually can't pick out a favorite because I am so blown away by it all. You know that thing LB said about it being his "best work?" Ummm....I'm almost feeling like "HELL YEAH!"

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If it as good or better than OOTC then that is really something .I consider OOTC one of the top five best albums ever released by Fleetwood Mac or any of it's past or present members.Looking forward to hearing it on Tuesday and to seeing Lindsey perform the songs in Napa next month!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Ledgie

I agree! The 3 songs I have heard are so amazing I'm beside myself! I have loved under the skin and GOS from recent years, but after awhile I always go back to OOTC! I think this new cd will be the the best of Lindsey we have heard yet. So excited to see him in Allegany Both he and Stevie are writing amazing songs, and I hope they keep it going either with FM, or a BN reunion!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

I agree. For me, this is his best album without a doubt. Love the percussion on it. I'll admit I was wrong about Stars are Crazy, I suppose it was just so frantic you couldn't tell how it would be from the clip. All 11 songs on this album are amazing. I find myself in the position whilst listening to it that I'm loving whatever song is playing, but I also simultaneously want to be listening to the other 10 songs also.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's such a perfect album I almost can't begin reviewing it, but I will attempt to as soon as I can think objectively. I have to say, we are all aware that this man's guitar-playing is simply incomparable, but it is so amazing on here, in those segues between each moment in a song- those transitions from verse-to-chorus or what have you- that it is literally jaw-dropping.

Plus the songs are all so amazing!! Kristen did a FANTASTIC job sequencing as well. I tip my hat to her because each song flows so perfectly into the next. I can't even...as someone who has always been in love with Lindsey solo, this is even a milestone for me.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Considering all these fantastically positive reviews I'm reading as of late, I'm starting to believe Lindsey when he says that he considers the album the best of his career. I can't wait to listen myself and agree whole heartedly. From what I've heard of the songs though, I'm very much ready to love the album. Not sure about displacing Go Insane as my favourite, though. It will have to be VERY special indeed to do that Here's hoping it is!