User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
There has just GOT to be photos of it. That would've been a big deal... Fleetwood Mac playing New Zealand. I would imagine some of the press would've gotten at least one shot or two of the incident.
I vaguely remember when Stevie was touring NZ a few years ago (and what a fabulous show that was at North Harbour Stadium ), there was an interview (I think it was on Holmes at the time) and there was TV footage of Fleetwood Mac when they arrived in Wellington at the airport on the tarmac.

The interviewer asked Stevie questions about the Wellington incident. I'm pretty sure she said something about remembering Lindsey throwing his guitar down at one point on the stage and it almost hitting her (I remember that bit because I was quite shocked about it). I've tried seeing if the interview was on YouTube, but I can't find it at the moment. I'll keep looking though. Though I do agree it's a bit unusual given so many people went to the show that there is no public evidence...perhaps someone has some photos tucked away in a drawer somewhere...?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_and_White View Post
I vaguely remember when Stevie was touring NZ a few years ago (and what a fabulous show that was at North Harbour Stadium ), there was an interview (I think it was on Holmes at the time) and there was TV footage of Fleetwood Mac when they arrived in Wellington at the airport on the tarmac.
Yes, Flying Tiger, Hidden Dragon Stevie did say that she ducked a guitar 3-4 years ago (which is different than what she said about it in 1997), but it seems strange that there were no contemporaneous reports 30 years ago, rather than just the story that has been somewhat evolving since 1990.

Michele
Old 09-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, Flying Tiger, Hidden Dragon Stevie did say that she ducked a guitar 3-4 years ago (which is different than what she said about it in 1997), but it seems strange that there were no contemporaneous reports 30 years ago, rather than just the story that has been somewhat evolving since 1990.
I'm beginning to think "it" is a bunch of mini-incidents all shoved together in their memories, possibly even straddling different tours -- they played Down Under in 1977 & 1980.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm beginning to think "it" is a bunch of mini-incidents all shoved together in their memories, possibly even straddling different tours -- they played Down Under in 1977 & 1980.
Amalgamated memory. In that Mojo interview they did for the SYW tour, one of them did say to the other, something like "Remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?" Mojo didn't make it clear whether it was Stevie or Lindsey speaking at the time and the question was not answered by either. However, I would assume that a guitar was thrown at some point or another, probably a lot more than once!

I just highly doubt it is the same night that he put the jacket over his head. Might not have been New Zealand. I wonder if he even threw the guitar while they were on stage, since it's not in Mick's book.

Michele
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amalgamated memory. In that Mojo interview they did for the SYW tour, one of them did say to the other, something like "Remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?" Mojo didn't make it clear whether it was Stevie or Lindsey speaking at the time and the question was not answered by either. However, I would assume that a guitar was thrown at some point or another, probably a lot more than once!
And if the "Les Paul" is accurate (which it very well may not be), we're talking about 1978 or earlier.

Quote:
I just highly doubt it is the same night that he put the jacket over his head. Might not have been New Zealand. I wonder if he even threw the guitar while they were on stage, since it's not in Mick's book.
The mimicking (is that how you spell it?) is probably something that occurred numerous times. I mean it wouldn't surprise me. I have a powerful hunch that Christine & Mick also mimicked Stevie's Indian rain dance act from time to time. I mean, during "Rhiannon," her back is turned to all of them most of the time, & Chris used to make some very Christine-like comments about Stevie being stage front "prancing around in chiffon" -- implication being it was rather silly.

Remember that "Chain" they were doing in some rehearsal -- may have been one of our Mirage soundboard rehearsals -- & Stevie does her "uh-huh" at the end of the first chorus as was typical, but then Christine mimics her rather brazenly & right in time? It's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

There's nothing new under the sun -- including teasing an airhead bandmate.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

For IMMEDIATE Release
>
> *_FLEETWOOD MAC – FIRST SHOW SELLS OUT IN MINUTES!!!!_*
>
> *_SECOND NZ SHOW ANNOUNCED – _*
>
> *TSB Bowl of Brooklands, New Plymouth – SUNDAY December 20**^th **
> 2009*
>
> Andrew McManus Presents is pleased to announce a second show on Sunday
> December 20^th due to overwhelming demand.
>
> /‘As promoter of this tour, even I am amazed at how quickly the first
> show//// sold out in New Plymouth and am proud to be able to announce
> a second concert, which will be the bands last show of//// their
> Unleashed World tour - a fitting completion to//// their sold out
> world tour and//// great way to finish for the fantastic New Zealand
> fans at such a beautiful venue as New Plymouth Bowl’//// /
>
> Following on the heels of their hugely successful 55-city sold out
> North American tour, Fleetwood Mac – Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham,
> Mick Fleetwood and John McVie - will bring their ‘Unleashed’ tour to
> New Zealand for a two-hour plus celebration of all the greatest hits
> from undoubtedly one of the most enduring, celebrated and influential
> rock groups of all time.
>
> Don’t miss the chance to see this extraordinary, iconic band in what
> promises to be one of the musical highlights of the year.
>
> *_NEW PLYMOUTH, TSB BOWL OF BROOKLANDS_*
>
> *SATURDAY DECEMBER 19**^th ** –** SOLD OUT*
>
> *SUNDAY DECEMBER 20**^th ** - TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!!*
>
> From Ticketmaster, _www.ticketmaster.co.nz_
> or 0800-111-999
Old 09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur881 View Post
For IMMEDIATE Release

> Unleashed World tour
- a fitting completion to//// their sold out
>
What happened to the rumoured U.S. shed tour next summer? Is this really, really, really it??
Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Oh, Lawd...like who hasn't dodged one of his guitars once, right?!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur881 View Post
For IMMEDIATE Release
>
> *_FLEETWOOD MAC – FIRST SHOW SELLS OUT IN MINUTES!!!!_*
>
> *_SECOND NZ SHOW ANNOUNCED – _*
>
> *TSB Bowl of Brooklands, New Plymouth – SUNDAY December 20**^th **
> 2009*
>
> Andrew McManus Presents is pleased to announce a second show on Sunday
> December 20^th due to overwhelming demand.
>
> Unleashed World tour - a fitting completion to//// their sold out
>
> Following on the heels of their hugely successful 55-city sold out
> North American tour, Fleetwood Mac – Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham,
> Mick Fleetwood and John McVie - will bring their ‘Unleashed’ tour to
> New Zealand for a two-hour plus celebration of all the greatest hits
> from undoubtedly one of the most enduring, celebrated and influential
> rock groups of all time.
>
> Don’t miss the chance to see this extraordinary, iconic band in what
> promises to be one of the musical highlights of the year.
>
> *_NEW PLYMOUTH, TSB BOWL OF BROOKLANDS_*
>
> *SATURDAY DECEMBER 19**^th ** –** SOLD OUT*
>
> *SUNDAY DECEMBER 20**^th ** - TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!!*
>
> From Ticketmaster, _www.ticketmaster.co.nz_
> or 0800-111-999
How odd that this article would be posted by Andrew McManus when this new article is in tomorrows NZ Newspaper.

Fleetwood Mac tickets on sale today for credit card customers only
By FELICITY ROOKES - Taranaki Daily News

Last updated 05:00 09/09/2009

Tickets for Fleetwood Mac go on sale today but if you do not have a credit card you are out of luck.

Tickets for the one-off New Zealand show, to be held on December 19 at New Plymouth's TSB Bowl of Brooklands, will only be available online and over the phone.

Payment can only be made by credit card through Ticketmaster's website www.ticketmaster.co.nz or its freephone number 0800 111 999. Fleetwood fans can pay by cash or eftpos at a Ticketmaster outlet, but Taranaki's closest is in Palmerston North.

Pre-sale tickets for the concert went on sale last Friday and have sold out.

New Plymouth District Council's manager of business development and events Garry Sharpe-Young said it was the show's promoter who decided to have ticket sales through Ticketmaster despite it not having an outlet in New Plymouth.

"We need to get the message out that tickets will not be at the TSB Showplace box office," Mr Sharpe-Young said. "They are all being sold online or on the freephone."

People would turn up at the TSB Showplace because that was where they traditionally bought them, he said.

Tickets go on sale at 9am and are $120 for general admission, $250 for silver and $320 for gold.

The New Plymouth show is the group's only New Zealand concert and is expected to sell out in minutes today.

There is speculation a second New Plymouth show might be added.

In recent months other big international acts including Foo Fighters, AC/DC and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have all announced second shows after huge demand.

The New Plymouth show is the last of a world tour by Fleetwood Mac. The group has performed in the United States and is touring Europe, with all the United Kingdom shows selling out.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...customers-only
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh Well

Second NZ concert for Fleetwood Mac
9:48AM Wednesday Sep 09, 2009

Fleetwood Mac have added a second concert to their visit to New Plymouth in December after the first one sold out in minutes.

Having played a 55-date, sold-out tour in North America, the band had committed to a single New Zealand show on December 19 at the Bowl of Brooklands.

Promoter Andrew McManus Presents said demand for tickets at the 18,000 seat venue was overwhelming and the second show had been scheduled for the following night.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10596159
Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac fans have snapped up all available tickets for the band's December 19 concert in New Plymouth.

Sales opened at 9.00am on Wednesday and sold out within minutes.

District Council events spokesman Garry Sharp Young says it is one of the fastest-ever sellouts in New Plymouth.

Following on the heels of their 55 city sold out North American tour, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, will now play a second concert on December 20 in New Plymouth.

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news...ounced-2979856
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I heard two "young" girls talking about Fleetwood Mac tickets at work today (I wasn't on my own floor)... They were upset they hadn't bought theirs yet. Good news they are adding another show!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Beds scarce during Fleetwood Mac weekend

By FELICITY ROOKES - Taranaki Daily News Last updated 05:00 11/09/2009

Accommodation for Fleetwood Mac's December 20 concert is almost sold out in New Plymouth, with out-of-towners being referred to Stratford and Hawera for beds.

But those keen on the outdoors will be able to camp a mere two-minute walk from the TSB Bowl of Brooklands where the concert is being held.

The New Plymouth District Council and Taranaki Arts Festival Trust have opened Pukekura Raceway up for camping. The racecourse has room for 3000 people.

Taft chief executive Suzanne Porter says the campsite will be set up the same as it is for Womad.

"If you have come to the Womad campsite, you will know what it's about," she says.

"We have good showers and toilets it's not grungy."

Camping vouchers are available from Ticketmaster today.

For Friday and Saturday nights, the cost is $40 per person and for Sunday night, it's $20 per person.

Many wanting a campsite at the racecourse have already registered at New Plymouth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre for their tickets.

The Saturday, December 19, Fleetwood Mac concert sold out within 10 minutes on Wednesday.

A second concert the next night was announced shortly afterwards, with tickets selling rapidly.

It is likely about 36,000 people will pass through the TSB Bowl of Brooklands gates in a 24-hour period.

Taranaki Motel Association president Deborah Tawa says most New Plymouth motels are fully booked for the Sunday show.

"I have been referring people to Stratford and Hawera the phone has been running red hot," she said.

I-Site is also keen to help those travelling to New Plymouth find accommodation.

Team leader, visitor experience, Karen Moratti-Longstaff from i-SITE says they have been fielding hundreds of calls since the Fleetwood Mac concert was announced last month. "At this stage, what we are dealing with is people that might not have been able to get tickets for the Saturday show who might have actually put their names down to book a room for the Saturday," she says.

"We have been referring people to campsites, and having camping at the racecourse is a good option for people."

Another option is home hosting.

Mrs Moratti-Longstaff says about 300 people are opening their homes to concertgoers. "We are very pleased and grateful to have these people on board," she says.

"It would not hurt for more people to put their hands up."

Meanwhile, tickets for the Cliff Richard concert in February are going well and New Plymouth District Council manager business developments and events Garry Sharpe-Young is amazed at how many they are continuing to sell every day.

"It's going to be another very big crowd."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...od-Mac-weekend
Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Second show as Fleetwood Mac sells out

Sept.10.2009

Fleetwood Mac fever hit overdrive yesterday as tickets for the international group's New Plymouth concert on December 19 sold out within minutes.

Promoters immediately announced a second concert for December 20, which means 36,000 people will likely pass through the TSB Bowl of Brooklands gates in a 24-hour period.

Thousands of tickets for the second Sunday show sold within half an hour.

New Plymouth District Council manager of business developments and events Garry Sharpe-Young said organisers anticipated tickets would sell fast.

"The promoter was trying to get hold of all the band managers to see about a second show and it was all very last minute and just in the nick of time," Mr Sharpe-Young said.

"The tickets for the second show are going very well and fast. It's just fantastic for Taranaki and it's great for the venue."

Taranaki Motel Association president Deborah Tawa says there is no motel accommodation for December 19 left in the region.

"We have been frantic," Mrs Tawa said yesterday.

"Accommodation for the first concert is well and truly gone, we filled up in five days two weeks ago."

There are still rooms available for the Sunday concert on December 20 but they are running out rapidly.

"We are almost full for Sunday now, the phone has been ringing off the hook."

Mrs Tawa said at most hotels people were required to book their stay for two nights when the first concert was announced.

"People booked for the first concert and it was a minimum of two nights, that's one issue completely aside, the fact that there is a second concert doesn't change first bookings."

She said most concert-goers booked Friday and Saturday so those bookings would not affect those wanting to book Sunday night accommodation.

"It was a requirement to book for two nights for the first concert because we only knew about one concert. For Sunday I couldn't tell you what every motelier is doing but most will probably allow for people to just book for one night," Mrs Tawa said.

"The town is going to be rocking and rolling that weekend, bulging at the seams."

But not everyone will be staying at paid accommodation. Mr Sharpe-Young said a lot of people would be staying with friends and family.

"Everyone in Taranaki is banding together on this, I am just getting so many calls where people are having 10 people in their house and it's great because they are all coming for Christmas as well," he said.

The New Plymouth District Council is considering opening up Pukekura Raceway for campers over the weekend to help with accommodation.

Council manager of customer services Cathy Thurston said a report would be going to council on Wednesday for approval.

The racecourse as a camping ground has a capacity of about 3000 people.

The city's i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is also keen to help those travelling to New Plymouth find accommodation.

"We have an up-to-date directory of available rooms in the region and while people may not get their first choice of accommodation, the team at the i-SITE are working hard to ensure everyone has a bed," said team leader of visitor experience Karen Moratti-Longstaff.

"We already have a list of private homes from previous large events.

"If we need more private accommodation closer to the date, we'll put a call out to the public," she said.

A New Plymouth couple was so keen to help out in the accommodation shortage they advertised a room on Trade Me breakfast included for $640.

* For Fleetwood Mac tickets go to www.ticketmaster.co.nz or phone 0800 111 999.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...-Mac-sells-out
Old 09-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all very nice news to hear. Obviously it has alot to do with the face that Fleetwood Mac hasnt played NZ in almost 30 years, but IM most happy for the people that will be able to attend this gorgeous venue. I saw some pictures and it looks very intimate and in a very natural setting.