Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Shes sixty....
Ok, so playing Devil's Advocate here... but since they force airline pilots retire at 60, I think they sure as HELL should make rock star sex symbols throw in their tambourines at 60! Truly though, I really think Stevie should give it up. She was miserable and disconnected for the last tour, and appears she's going to be the same way again. Why keep at it??
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, please.
Hang it up at 60? Age-ist nonsence.
Remember what you're saying when someone tells YOU to hang it up when you're 60, because I gotta say, having passed 40 myself (and then some), I feel no different than I did when I was 20 or 30 and I don't think that changes when you're 60. Probably a few more aches and pains but no one is ready for The Home yet.
And I just saw Stevie this summer. So, she didn't change that much in 8 months. FM-jitters? Maybe. Or maybe people just looking to hang the woman out to dry. John looks bored at every performance. You're telling him to hang it up, too?
And, if you find her tired or boring or unable to perform, stay home. Simple as that. Stop "feeding the machine," to use Lindsey's term.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Oh, please.
Hang it up at 60? Age-ist nonsence.
Remember what you're saying when someone tells YOU to hang it up when you're 60, because I gotta say, having passed 40 myself (and then some), I feel no different than I did when I was 20 or 30 and I don't think that changes when you're 60. Probably a few more aches and pains but no one is ready for The Home yet.
And I just saw Stevie this summer. So, she didn't change that much in 8 months. FM-jitters? Maybe. Or maybe people just looking to hang the woman out to dry. John looks bored at every performance. You're telling him to hang it up, too?
And, if you find her tired or boring or unable to perform, stay home. Simple as that. Stop "feeding the machine," to use Lindsey's term.
I'm not ageist at all, and I'm gay... so her sexiness appeal has ALWAYS been a non-issue to me . But shouldn't ANYONE who no longer performs up to par consider retirement, or a change of careers? I'm talking about everyone from stock traders to janitors folks. ALL you people need to stop throwing names at each other and totally ripping someone apart because they don't worship the ground FM walks on. They're just humans, like you, I, and everyone else here are humans. They eat, breathe, fart, sh!t, etc just like the rest of us . And for what it's worth, I don't have tix for this tour, and don't know if I can justify the price now more than ever, after hearing these clips being posted online. I want to remember the band at it's best... not this.

Let's all keep in mind this is a DISCUSSION BOARD too... differing opinions keep it interesting. We all can't worship absolutely everything these people do. We're all going to have things we don't like. And for what it's worth, I do agree Stevie has sounded good on her recent solo tours (better than she has since perhaps the mid 80s). Her heart just doesn't seem to be with the Mac since Christine has left, which impacts everything from her energy level, to her voice. And THAT'S why I feel she should pack it up, and close that door.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I don't have tix for this tour,
The ones that are not going to a show are always the ones that say they suck and the ones that are attending a show are always the ones that say that Stevie (and the Mac) are great It's just the way it is

Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
The ones that are not going to a show are always the ones that say they suck and the ones that are attending a show are always the ones that say that Stevie (and the Mac) are great It's just the way it is
Please don't roll your eyes at me, I'm not rolling mine at you. I'm being perfectly civil folks and am trying to have an intelligent debate. The thing is, you can't accuse me of NOT seeing the Mac... I saw them 3 times on the Say You Will tour. I've seen Stevie twice since then. Girlfriend is just losing her voice and stamina, there's just no getting around it. She looks fantastic, there's no denying that either. I'll give her props for that for sure! But her voice is just so lacking. Y'all can't tell me you don't cringe when you listen to the line in Storms where she sings:

"did I ever really care that much"

It's just terrible... nails on chalkboard. She's so off pitch it's not funny. Much of the rest of the song is great, but the notes she hits inadvertently hits these days... ouch. Same with the posted version of Stand Back... blech. Trust me y'all... I do love the Mac and Stevie, I really, really do. But I also know when I can call them on their fumbles. People call me on my fumbles at work... so I should be able to call the Mac on their fumbles at work. Performing is just as much their job as working in a bank is mine. Essentially we're all their employers, since we pay for their G4 rental. So we CAN constructively criticize them!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm not ageist at all, and I'm gay... so her sexiness appeal has ALWAYS been a non-issue to me . But shouldn't ANYONE who no longer performs up to par consider retirement, or a change of careers? I'm talking about everyone from stock traders to janitors folks. ALL you people need to stop throwing names at each other and totally ripping someone apart because they don't worship the ground FM walks on. They're just humans, like you, I, and everyone else here are humans. They eat, breathe, fart, sh!t, etc just like the rest of us . And for what it's worth, I don't have tix for this tour, and don't know if I can justify the price now more than ever, after hearing these clips being posted online. I want to remember the band at it's best... not this.

Let's all keep in mind this is a DISCUSSION BOARD too... differing opinions keep it interesting. We all can't worship absolutely everything these people do. We're all going to have things we don't like. And for what it's worth, I do agree Stevie has sounded good on her recent solo tours (better than she has since perhaps the mid 80s). Her heart just doesn't seem to be with the Mac since Christine has left, which impacts everything from her energy level, to her voice. And THAT'S why I feel she should pack it up, and close that door.

Yes, but you are basing this on what? You tube videos?
And you really think my post was ripping you apart? Where?

You can disagree. That's fine. But there is ageism in this society, and switching careers at 60 rarely happens. The spirit, flesh, and whatever may be willing but the employers-to-be are not. But, that's the real world. In la-la land, Stevie has three options: 1-hang in there and continue to provide a lot of pleasure to a lot of people who can forgive a couple of clunky notes or slightly less spring in her step, 2-hang it up and invest in a really good rocking chair or 3-sell a line of schlock jewelry from the Former Queen of Rock on QVC.

During SYW, people were saying that her performances were lacking throughout the tour. I went to a good 10 concerts (if not more--never counted) and loved each and every one. So, it's all subjective. Those who still think she has something to give, go to concerts and enjoy. When they stop enjoying, they stop going. And, if that happens, she'll get the message.

For me, it's not happening and I'm still going. I may not be happy about setlists but I still am very happy with Stevie (and with all of FM--even [gulp] Mick, in spite of his weasle-ish ways). Not blind adoration but an acknowledgement that not everything is perfect but what is presented is pretty damned good.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

we all make mistakes at times and especially the opening night im sure stevie is always nervous at opening night on all the tours especially on the songs she has not done live before like storms i hope it will stay in the set on the whole tour you some times they change songs or drop i hope they dont drop actually from last night this tour is a bit shorter than say you will i think with the song list. but i am there to have a good time no matter what i enjoy stevie and the the rest of the mac i am not looking at how perfect the show its the idea of them being together and playing the music we love. Not saying how a perfection show is or how an inperfect show is either it will all be good to me no matter how they sound. but face it in recent interviews with stevie about the Say You Will making of the cd and tour was not a happy thing for her she admits that there is still some friction still between her and lindsey during the recording process and touring together so it too really wouldnt surprise me if they dont record another cd together i love say you will cd and the tour went to like 4 shows on that tour and loved every show and was even at the taped soundstage in boston as well the private show. So enjoy the moment cause this tour could be there last together i hope not but it could be.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just based on the YouTube videos from last night it appears that Stevie wasn't firing on all cylinders. I chalk it up to either an off night or she doesn't feel well. This isn't her first show in three or four years, it's her first show in like six months and she was in fine form then. So I have a feeling that she just isn't feeling 100%. That's all it looks like to me. Her stage show hasn't looked like her 1980's shows since the 1980's!! All I can say is if you're going expecting to see the Stevie from the Mirage video then you're in for a shock. I think that's the preception most people have and are surprised that the Stevie onstage isn't the same Stevie in that video.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default on a different note...

Not gonna join the debate fray, because there's just no winning that.

But I do have something to add, and we'll have to see how this pans out at upcoming shows.

My b/f says he thought Stevie looked hurt. Like pained and favoring one leg. Maybe she slipped backstage in her high heels or something. Mick was definitely helping her off stage.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
Not gonna join the debate fray, because there's just no winning that.

But I do have something to add, and we'll have to see how this pans out at upcoming shows.

My b/f says he thought Stevie looked hurt. Like pained and favoring one leg. Maybe she slipped backstage in her high heels or something. Mick was definitely helping her off stage.
OH NO! The return of the frankenboks may be looming!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, why are so many of you dissapointed with Stevie??? I watched te video of Stand Back that desrtangl posted here and I thought she was really great! Well, you know, this is the first show, things can change...

I can't be in any concert because I live in Sweden and I'm not able to go to the U.S, but if Fleetwood Mac came here I would defenitly go and see them. I see these videos that are uploaded from yesterday's concert and I'm thinking "The Mac Is Back!"

Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would just say that with the Soundstage that is practically brand new, with her doing so many numbers during that performance that people found so fresh and exciting (Sara for you Louie, for example and Crash for me, even though I had not liked Crash before), it's a bit premature to say she should retire. Certainly, she doesn't have what she once had, but what remains is still "so very powerful."

And yeah Regina you have a point. A Youtube video clip just doesn't tell the whole story.

Michele
Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*hisses angrily* First, you come in here with a fake setlist, then you tell us that Stevie sucks. That is not a good way to start it off, IMO.

For instance: (I am most certainly not pick on you, it's just an example!) Carrie was picking on Stevie last night on the setlist topic. But she has over 10,000 posts. When you have 10,000 posts, you can bitch about Stevie as much as you want. But one of the first things you post here shouldn't be bashing the woman half of the people on this board are obcessed with.

I'm very unimpressed.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
My b/f says he thought Stevie looked hurt. Like pained and favoring one leg.
Oy. Don't tell me Lindsey has been kicking her again.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Oy. Don't tell me Lindsey has been kicking her again.
Kicking? He's kicked her? I thought he just slapped her around a bit. I am shocked by this allegation.