User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Wasn't that our beloved Carnevaca? For those not in the know, he was shortly thereafter banished from this domain.
And others I believe.

**edit But that is not who I was referring to.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 06-13-2005 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Addition
Old 06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it is just meant to be a game so some choose to play it strategically and be a bit more competitive about it while others are just laid back. Hopefully it doesn't ruin anyone else's enjoyment of the game.

I actually started posting during the infamous Tusk survivor and it was to help save Sara. My very first post was responded to by Carne with the statement that he was quitting the game and that I was someone else who had created an account just to vote to save sara (very funny given what ended up happening). Sorry if my posts offend anyone on some deep level, but it is just meant to be fun and on the Greatest Hits package every song voted off is going to be someone's favorite. This isn't Behind the Mask where likely we would have a difficult time finding a winner.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks
Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear
This isn't Behind the Mask where likely we would have a difficult time finding a winner.
I think a BTM Survivor would be fun!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant
I think a BTM Survivor would be fun!

The Second Time will win and I do not wanna hear any shiite about it

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Wasn't that our beloved Carnevaca? For those not in the know, he was shortly thereafter banished from this domain.

you hypocrite! we were all in the shoot-the-pussies-lobby. I still suffer from rushes of blood to the head when I think about that game. This game I will vote for only one song. As I did in the Tango-game. So you'll all know which song is gonna win this. The ugliest drone ever.

I mean there are elements over here that choose LL over GYOW. With the my most intense empathetic perspective I cannot follow that. And don't say it is about taste, and that we all have our right to our own opinion. If LL is better then GYOW, then Johnny Stew is better then CarneVaca.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
you hypocrite! we were all in the shoot-the-pussieslobby. I still suffer from rushes of blood to head when I think about that game. This game I will vote for only one song. As I did in the Tango-game. So you'll all know which song is gonna win this. The ugliest drone ever.

I mean there are elements over here that choose LL over GYOW. With the best of empathetic perspectives I cannot follow that. And don't say it is about taste, and that we all have our right to our own opinion. If LL is better then GYOW, then Johnny Stew is better then CarneVaca.

Now Now - no one likes a sore loser

Old 06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
The Second Time will win and I do not wanna hear any shiite about it

My fav!!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I don't get all the "Little Lies" hate. I think it's pop perfection and one of FM's most recognizable songs. When people tell me they don't know the Mac, I sing the chorus for them, and they immediately know it. I still hear it on the radio.

Little Lies is a great song. In fact it might be my favorite song from '87 (although with or without you came out that year too). It is recognizable and has great harmonies. It just isn't a Fleetwood Mac song. Most of Tango really was lacking the Fleetwood Mac sound. This became evident to me when playing GH for a friend on a long car trip while trying to initiate him to FM.

He was really enjoying the songs, loved LB's guitar work primarily and when we came to stuff like Everywhere and Little Lies my friend recognized the songs but said, "Wow, this is a good song but it really doesn't fit in with their sound. They have a really great rhythm section, rely a bit too much on percussion and experiment quite a bit but this stuff just doesn't seem to match up to the rest of their songs"

Little Lies would fit better on Christine's solo album and would have been a real treat on there.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks
Old 06-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Second Time would have been such a nice song if Lindsey had worked on it. JMO.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now Now - no one likes a sore loser
Ah come on. These games are ONLY i say ONLY fun if there are sore losers.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah come on. These games are ONLY i say ONLY fun if there are sore losers.

and its always the LB crowd CHIFFON HEADS RULE THE WORLD - BWWWWHHHAHHHHAHAAAHHHHAAAAAAAA

BTW - Diss is the sorest loser

Old 06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The big three....would that be BD, WH and RAL? Or BD, WH and TISL?

Okay. Weird, but when I searched again today, I found Bella Donna and Wild Heart. A few days ago, I typed 'survivor' into the Stevie forum's search tool and found zero entires? Any interest in an OSOTM survivor? Maybe in a few weeks?
Old 06-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Okay. Weird, but when I searched again today, I found Bella Donna and Wild Heart. A few days ago, I typed 'survivor' into the Stevie forum's search tool and found zero entires? Any interest in an OSOTM survivor? Maybe in a few weeks?
I'm interested. I couldn't participate in the others, as I did not have those albums at the time.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
and its always the LB crowd CHIFFON HEADS RULE THE WORLD - BWWWWHHHAHHHHAHAAAHHHHAAAAAAAA

BTW - Diss is the sorest loser
No he's not. You ain't seen nothin' yet. In the Tusk-game I came close to the point where I would not be proud of: Tie people down to a chair and blast just one song through their headphones until they looked in the previous week with their left eye and in the next week with their right eye, screaming turn me off turn me out but don't turn me away.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
No he's not. You ain't seen nothin' yet. In the Tusk-game I came close to the point where I would not be proud of: Tie people down to a chair and blast just one song through their headphones until they looked in the previous week with their left eye and in the next week with their right eye, screaming turn me off turn me out but don't turn me away.

Oh, yeah. And, lo, I still don't like that song.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -