Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:45 AM
clb0013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I know, right?

You lost interest in Stevie & her music because Karen & Chris are assholes? That makes no sense to me.

Karen's a bitch, it's a pretty well established & shared opinion in the Mac community. Partly because it's her job to keep crazy anoying fans away from her boss (I'm not saying we're all crazy & annoying, but one would have to assume so for safety & sanity's sake) and partly because that's just the kind of person she is. I don't get why people are always so shocked or upset by it. Karen has nothing to do with how I feel about Stevie's songs. Neither does scumbag Chris. They have no impact on my life.
Sorry...I love Stevie's music. I always have. My main point was that Karen and Chris are not pleasant people period. I understand they have a job to protect Stevie, as well they should, but there are ways of handling everything with class and respect...That's all...
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0013 View Post
Sorry...I love Stevie's music. I always have. My main point was that Karen and Chris are not pleasant people period. I understand they have a job to protect Stevie, as well they should, but there are ways of handling everything with class and respect...That's all...
True. I mean look at Tony Dimitriades. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about him. I'm not sure why Stevie didn't stay with him as her manager. Was it because he manages Lindsey as well?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
about what? that Sheryl ISN'T going to join them?
Sorry, I should have clarified! Instead of just "I'm generally happy... "
Yes, I'm glad Sheryl's not joining. I don't think her voice suits Stevie's at all, and musically I don't think she'd fit in.
Just my €0.02!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
True. I mean look at Tony Dimitriades. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about him. I'm not sure why Stevie didn't stay with him as her manager. Was it because he manages Lindsey as well?

But Stevie's manager, Howard Kaufman, is thought to be quite influential. Maybe people balk at him in the industry, but I don't think fans have anything negative to say about him, do they? They really never come in contact with him.

Michele
Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Sorry, I should have clarified! Instead of just "I'm generally happy... "
Yes, I'm glad Sheryl's not joining. I don't think her voice suits Stevie's at all, and musically I don't think she'd fit in.
Just my €0.02!
I agree. I like Sheryl alright, she just doesnt fit in with "the Mac"...
Old 06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Stevie's manager, Howard Kaufman, is thought to be quite influential. Maybe people balk at him in the industry, but I don't think fans have anything negative to say about him, do they? They really never come in contact with him.

Michele
And, I think that's the key. Anyone who comes in contact with the public is bound to get a bad rap at some point or another. Can't please everybody...and someone's ALWAYS going to bitch about it. (Not that the reports about Karen or Chris aren't true, mind you.)

Quote:
I believe Tony was Stevie's manager in 1987 when they had the big fight at Christine's. Then later, I think Glen Parrish was her manager and I don't know the exact time frame but she must have signed with Kauffman after her second rehab stint in the mid '90's? I just read that she fired her management at Frontline (Tony Dimitriades) because they made her go to rehab...I don't know that it's factual though.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Sheryl Crow is a very talented artist. Two of her albums "Sheryl Crow" from '96 and "The Globe Sessions" from '99 are really great. But she seems to have run out of good material. "Wildflower" from '05 is one of the most boring CD's I've listened to recently. So I really don't see the need in her joining Fleetwood Mac. She might slightly help with sales, and maybe draw a younger crowd but that's about it. Besides if Lindsey and Stevie can't come up with enough good material on their own then maybe it's time to retire the Mac (did I really write that?). Lindsey's UTS did give me hope for the future, both his and the Mac's.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, I think that's the key. Anyone who comes in contact with the public is bound to get a bad rap at some point or another. Can't please everybody...and someone's ALWAYS going to bitch about it. (Not that the reports about Karen or Chris aren't true, mind you.)

I believe Tony was Stevie's manager in 1987 when they had the big fight at Christine's. Then later, I think Glen Parrish was her manager and I don't know the exact time frame but she must have signed with Kauffman after her second rehab stint in the mid '90's? I just read that she fired her management at Frontline (Tony Dimitriades) because they made her go to rehab...I don't know that it's factual though.
Glen Parrish, Stevie's manager? Record producer? You mean the bum who lived in her garage for twenty years?

Tony Dimitriades is a class act. If he was fired for having a role in forcing Stevie into rehab...how interesting is it...Tony's been Lindsey's manager ever since?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Well, to be fair to Sheryl, Lindsey did say it was an idea that had been discussed, it didn't come out of nowhere.
The idea didn't come out of nowhere. It was first mentioned 5 years ago during the making of Say You Will. The idea got as lousy a response then as it has now. There is no way Sheryl tossed this cookie out to the public all on her own. Somebody's wanted her to join the band for years and doesn't want to come out and admit it if it isn't going to happen. I'd bet my favorite Cuban cigar the one who wants Sheryl in the band most is not the obvious culprit.

Quote:
Remember when Stevie was on Leno and said that she hires people on her tours to manage the people for her because she doesn't like to be the bad guy and tell people off? Well, it's the same situation here. If Stevie had to deal with every crazy, every package, every fan (decent or otherwise), she'd probably retired years ago. That said, the Bob Welch situation is pretty low for sure.
Well, no surprise Stevie doesn't want to take the heat for doing any dirty work like dissing Bob and his wife. That's why she hires people like Karen to do it. As for her sleazy brother, he's been trading on her fame forever. It's no secret he uses her to get with groupies. Stevie's in no position to tell him to cool it...even when it makes her look bad. The fans who go anywhere near her brother have zero chance of ever getting near Stevie, but as far as that is concerned, dirty laundry is a two-way street. As long as Chris keeps the groupies away from her, and also keeps her personal knickers off the public clothesline...then he gets to do whatever he wants...including her star-struck fans.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 AM
clb0013

What ever happened to Glen Parrish anyway?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I'm confusing this with someone else, but I think I read somewhere that Irving Azoff is now Lindsey's management, not East End, not Tony. Anyone else hear/read this?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0013 View Post
What ever happened to Glen Parrish anyway?
I believe he co-owns a club or restaurant, or something like that.
Here's his Myspace with some more info: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=87668587

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
clb0013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I believe he co-owns a club or restaurant, or something like that.
Here's his Myspace with some more info: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=87668587
I will check that out when I get home. What about Kimberly? I can't remember her last name. She used to help with Stevie's wardrobe. Is she still with her?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kim Brakely - She's toured with Bette Midler during Stevie's off-season. Maybe she's in Vegas with Bette?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I don't remember anything negative being said about him, no. I just remember during that whole fan club fiasco Tony and his staff were the most responsive. I don't think anyone ever heard much if anything from Howard Kaufman on that one.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
clb0013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Kim Brakely - She's toured with Bette Midler during Stevie's off-season. Maybe she's in Vegas with Bette?
ahhh! That's it! I forgot. Thanks! She was really nice.