User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
As if Stevie Nicks would let the band she's been in for 40 years record and tour an album without her. Frankly it's laughable.
she needs to "let them" record new music?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she needs to "let them" record new music?
Yes. That's why we haven't had a Fleetwood Mac album yet. Because she isn't fussed about it. The rest are ready, she's not. Who has the most power in Fleetwood Mac? Stevie Nicks. Who thinks they have the most power in the band? Lindsey Buckingham. He's now realising this as the record company is saying to him "She's touring solo out there selling out arenas and you think you can do something without her?! Don't make me laugh!!!"
Old 12-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As if Stevie Nicks would let the band she's been in for 40 years record and tour an album without her. Frankly it's laughable.
They did it before.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They did it before.
Yes, and what a huge success that was. That was back when Mick was in charge. That isn't the case anymore.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. That's why we haven't had a Fleetwood Mac album yet. Because she isn't fussed about it. The rest are ready, she's not. Who has the most power in Fleetwood Mac? Stevie Nicks. Who thinks they have the most power in the band? Lindsey Buckingham. He's now realising this as the record company is saying to him "She's touring solo out there selling out arenas and you think you can do something without her?! Don't make me laugh!!!"
except they don't have a record company.

see, the way the tone of your post strikes me is that for some reason you sound pi**d at LB. that's why i'm so confused about the title of this thread - seems there are many more who spell out their dislike for LB or other band members, than there are people "hating" on SN.

you are very right that they didn't release a new album in the last 10 years because Nicks did not want to record, for whatever reason that is. but you seem to be projecting whatever your opinion about Nicks and Buckingham and their relationship is onto some warped picture of FM power structure as a band. i do think that what you call a "record company" is actually all different band managers who need the band to make money for them, so they have a role you are talking about. and there's no doubt Nicks is the money maker in that band, so managers would insist the rest of the band caters to her. as far as the band members, i agree with you that there is a difference between who does the work in the band, who has the ideas, who pulls different strings, who is easy or hard to work with, who is the creative force, who is the face of the band, etc etc. and we all know that the picture the public sees, or the picture projected, may not be what really happens behind the scenes.

if there is a boss in that band though, or somebody who has the last word, i think it is probably Mick Fleetwood. and if he wants to make sure they can still make tons of money, he needs to appease Nicks, and will not let the new music coming out under Fleetwood Mac moniker. which is a shame, but we know the man is bad with his money. so i guess we wait and see, and as long as the music comes out next year, i for one will be more than happy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why are FM fans so bitter about Stevie Nicks?

Just curious. Is it because her latest tour is doing so well, preventing her from being exclusive to the band now that Christine has decided she wants to come back after a 16 year break?

Why doesn't the band just release what they have completed? Supposedly, they've completed most of their songs, so it must be ready. All they have to do is release it. Is the record label the hold up, or is it the band? Tango in the Night was released in April of 1987, I wonder if they want to release the Deluxe Tango first, to coincide with the 30th anniversary?

I just hope the band will release their album soon, since Stevie has made it clear she doesn't want to record with them anymore. And adding 20 more dates to her tour should be the final wake up call they need to see she means it.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's mainly that the people who don't like her anyway find it more convenient to blame her for the lack of new music from the other four, instead of placing the blame where it really lies, which is with the other four (although maybe now they are finally doing what they could've done months or years ago).
Old 12-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stevie but she's a member of the band but she's acting as if she's only in the band for 50%. When Lindsey and Christine didn't want to be in the band, they left and gave the rest of them their blessing, they didn't put the rest of the band in this weird state of limbo where they're (in my opinion) understandably hesitant about how to act. I don't think it's right for people to be calling her names and everything but I can understand why people are frustrated.

I think even the title of these threads say a lot. "SN" fans versus "FM" when "SN" is literally a member of "FM".
Old 12-11-2016, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I think it's mainly that the people who don't like her anyway find it more convenient to blame her for the lack of new music from the other four, instead of placing the blame where it really lies, which is with the other four (although maybe now they are finally doing what they could've done months or years ago).
Good point there Mike.She making a killing with her current tour.I guess the Stevie haters boycott against her failed.LOL.........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More likely I do blame all of them on this issue .They should put their differences or other issues aside and do it and get it over with before ITS TOO LATE....

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
More likely I do blame all of them on this issue .They should put their differences or other issues aside and do it and get it over with before ITS TOO LATE....
I agree. They are all to blame for nothing getting done. That's why I find it strange that the fanbase has became so divided recently. I don't think that anyone in the band is "holding the other members hostage" like some are saying. At the end of the day, they all have the capacity to make their own decisions. FM will do what they choose and a bunch of fans arguing will not change that. And yes they just need to figure out something whether that is a Mac Four album and tour or big tour with Stevie because they're not getting any younger.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't we already have this thread?

Because she will not be on their last album and it's her own fault.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Why are Fleetwood Mac fans so bitter about Stevie Nicks
For me it's her disregard for the band. You are either in a band or you aren't. I appreciate she's/they've had an on/off band/solo arrangement for a long time. However, she's known the anniversary year was coming up. At any other time- fair enough, do your own thing...we can wait. 2017 is a big year though. If ever they are going to do things that are special together this is it. Not only is she not doing a Fleetwood Mac album but she's seemingly intent on pushing the start of the tour back to 2018. Thus, the 50 year anniversary of Fleetwood Mac will in no way be marked by Stevie Nicks. That's sad.
The band have waited and waited and done all they could to persuade her. If they'd gone ahead and formulated plans for a release and tour without her you know she'd moan. The other four have therefore been backed into an impossible corner- they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.