http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-fleetwood-mac
Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
This is amazing.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

I find it hard to believe that Lindsey wouldn't want Christine to rejoin the band, especially if it means recording a new album and touring.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I find it hard to believe that Lindsey wouldn't want Christine to rejoin the band, especially if it means recording a new album and touring.
It didn't say he wouldn't want her back full-time, just that he was afraid that it could still the band's thunder, which even Christine thought was fair.

Even if he didn't, band politics might work against him.

With her saying "if you ask me, the answer is 'yes'", I bet they'll ask her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It didn't say he wouldn't want her back full-time, just that he was afraid that it could still the band's thunder, which even Christine thought was fair.

Even if he didn't, band politics might work against him.

With her saying "if you ask me, the answer is 'yes'", I bet they'll ask her.
I'm sure Stevie would do another album with Chris on board.

If John is well enough, maybe they'll tour for 2014 then head into the studio?

I wonder also if this would mean that Chris would move back to the US? She couldn't really be in the band without spending a lot of time there whilst they're recording.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
With the complete lineup (hope John will get better) they would sell far more albums and tickets. Lindsey would want her.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome article.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's so interesting that it's come to this. It's human nature to desire change no matter how long a person has a certain routine going,be it one year or 15. Sounds like she's just eager to start a new phase of life ,i'm sure her ''Sloane Ranger'' era ran it's course but it's still interesting to read that she now says she ''suffered from some delusion'' for even wanting that lifestyle.Must be those manipulative therapists telling her so ...it seemed to me she was perfectly happy in the first couple of years of 'retirement' ..it even shows on In The Meantime & the videos and interviews that were done.

Anyways i'm happy that she's expressing interest now ,it's just so ironic/utterly tragic that she finally decides this after SO LONG and BAM John McVie takes ill ...there are no words

Last edited by Bryan; 11-22-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It's so interesting that it's come to this. It's human nature to desire change no matter how long a person has a certain routine going,be it one year or 15. Sounds like she's just eager to start a new phase of life ,i'm sure her ''Sloane Ranger'' era ran it's course but it's still interesting to read that she now says she ''suffered from some delusion'' for even wanting that lifestyle.Must be those manipulative therapists telling her so ...it seemed to me she was perfectly happy in the first couple of years of 'retirement' ..it even shows on In The Meantime & the videos and interviews that were done.

Anyways i'm happy that she's expressing interest now ,it's just so ironic/utterly tragic that she finally decides this after SO LONG and BAM John McVie takes ill ...there are no words
I'm delighted too, but when she talks about rejoining/her return being considered as "a long way down that path" I did think that, given their advancing years, they really can't leave things for very long.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That interview actually brought tears to my eyes.

Never thought I'd see the day.

PS: Lindsey...please don't be a dick.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm almost positive that John's illness is a part od why she wants to return. Since John's outlook is very good, I'm sure Mick is already planning a way to get her back. Stevie, too.

Lindsey is outvoted. .
Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
nice! and not in the least bit surprising for anybody who was following FM in 2013.

however - another several years of Big Machine????? i can see the tour-album-tour pattern here... when will we get Lindsey solo back?? he's not getting any younger.

on the other hand, if we have to endure another cash-grabbing FM tour, Christine's presence and harmonies would make it a bit easier for this LB fan. much better than another BN same-ole same-ole tour.

"However, recent reports suggest guitarist Buckingham is worried her appearance could steal the limelight. McVie said this was "fair enough. From his point of view, it was a business thing. [Promoters] would be asking why I wasn't playing in Amsterdam or Berlin.""

so if the above is true Lindsey wanted Christine to come back full time and not just part time ("she can't just come and go" ). seems like he's getting his wish. another several years of Big Machine. you got it Lindsey, you'll be getting your tours and your FM album, it seems. so as a solo fan, and as a person who does not like to go bankrupt , this is what i have to say to you Lindsey:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...the irony being that Lindsey may have been plotting all along to get Christine back with these stipulations. Give the poor guy a break.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow...awesome article.
Another album and another tour with the whole band would be amazing. I don't believe that Lindsey is against her return, a misunderstanding for sure. It would be contradictory.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

however - another several years of Big Machine????? i can see the tour-album-tour pattern here... when will we get Lindsey solo back?? he's not getting any younger.
I agree with you elle he's not getting any younger, but the way it's looking it maybe a long time before we get a new Buckingham solo cd again, if ever. First Mick said Lindsey said wanted to make himself available to complete their story. Then there's still 5 unreleased songs we know of and Lindsey's been pushing for a new Fleetwood Mac CD for the last few years. Also, he and Stevie seem to be closer than ever to finally putting Buckingham Nicks out on CD, and then do some touring to back it up. So as much as I would love some new solo material I just don't' see it happening anytime soon.

Also It seems like this interview may have been done in September when the band was in England because it says The Guardian talked to Chris and Stevie together and their interview will be published later this year.

I do find it kinda odd that Chris has said no one's talked to her about re-joining the band. I mean I know John's gotta get well first, but everyone keeps saying his cancer was caught early and that he should have a fairly quick recovery, so it seems like they could or should have discussed it hypothetically when they were all together.

But then maybe they have discussed it since this interview took place. Because it sounds like Chris did the interview with Stevie sitting next to her, and maybe she told the interviewer she wanted to rejoin Fleetwood Mac so Stevie would know she was ready to come back and the two of them could have discussed her rejoining the band (and maybe even discussed it with the rest of the band) after they were done with the interview.

Last edited by Deeshere; 11-22-2013 at 08:59 PM..