User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Like any of those people scrub their own damn toilets.
Yeah, the difference is that they never say they did. She, on the other hand, always the martyr....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Did I say I was talking about you, honey? Sorry, can I call you honey?
This is ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And his music gigs did earn them money. He was out working when she was in Aspen writing Landslide, mad because she had been left behind.

Michele
And she was travelling around the whole country because Daddy Nicks was president of Greyhound. But Lindsey is the spoiled brat....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, the difference is that they never say they did. She, on the other hand, always the martyr....
Then why are you following her on Facebook and Twitter? Or why are you part of those fan groups? I just dont understand the need to constantly criticize.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is ridiculous.
I know! But you started it, not me.

Try to read other people's comments. We're all pretty much telling you the same thing.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why are you following her on Facebook and Twitter? Or why are you part of those fan groups? I just dont understand the need to constantly criticize.
Who am I following? And I just don't understand the need to defend. But that's the world we're living in.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! But you started it, not me.

Try to read other people's comments. We're all pretty much telling you the same thing.
Oh believe me I know. The same 4 or 5 people here always on her case. I like her...I will stand up for that because I enjoy her and her music. You dont like her...and I dont like Lindsey. So maybe we should just agree to disagree? I didnt mean anything by calling you honey either. For that, I apologize.

And I did not start this. I just get sick of the constant exaggeration of things that are said.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No she's not. Thanks for pointing that out. And I am also not pathetic...but I guess that escaped you somehow.
Stuff like that would not escape me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stuff like that would not escape me.
Well arent you a sly one. Say what you mean. You dont even know me.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh believe me I know. The same 4 or 5 people here always on her case. I like her...I will stand up for that because I enjoy her and her music. You dont like her...and I dont like Lindsey. So maybe we should just agree to disagree? I didnt mean anything by calling you honey either. For that, I apologize.

And I did not start this. I just get sick of the constant exaggeration of things that are said.
I don't like her recent view on the band and its members, but I used to like her, like many people here.

When you defy a group of people because you don't like what they're saying, you start the confrontation. But that's ok. I don't mind defending my point of view and I expect the same from the other side.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't like her recent view on the band and its members, but I used to like her, like many people here.

When you defy a group of people because you don't like what they're saying, you start the confrontation. But that's ok. I don't mind defending my point of view and I expect the same from the other side.
There are a lot of Stevie fans here also so that really goes both ways. It is nothing personal...I would be game to keep my mouth shut if everyone else would do the same. I just think it gets ugly here about her.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are a lot of Stevie fans here also so that really goes both ways. It is nothing personal...I would be game to keep my mouth shut if everyone else would do the same. I just think it gets ugly here about her.
What would be the point of all this if we keep our mouths shut? Glad to know you defend her point of view about the band and its members.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The constant bickering from both sides of this website is ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the fundamental problem is people don't want to ever admit their heroes have flaws. So when flaws are pointed out, they lash out at whoever points them out. It's the old "shoot the messenger" thing.

I love Stevie. I have loved her since the 70s. Barely a day goes by that I don't listen to her music, which I love. I also think for a long time she did indeed get a hard time from Lindsey and I admired her for not saying in the press the reality of what (I believe) happened at times with him.

That said, she has indeed changed over recent years. This isn't shocking, I mean everyone grows and changes over their life. It would be totally effed up if she was EXACTLY the same person she was ten years ago, let alone 30 or 40 years ago. We grow. We change how we feel about things. We soften on some things and we harden on some things.

If we accept that she's not a total pathological liar and actually believe her in some of what she's said recently (not just the Oz interview), she's now in the mindset that it's not worth recording with FM ever again, that she only wants to work with Lindsey when she "has to", she finds FM tours a bit boring and not creatively fulfilling, yet she will still do them because they sell well and make money. Records don't so the strain of making them (with FM/LB) is no longer worth it to her. She's a legend. Hoteliers in Italy need to frame her words because they are so spectacular, etc etc.

Look, she's pushing 70. She's done it all a million times. She knows what she wants and knows who she is and when you get older you get a bit crankier and more set in your ways. Whatever she says about Lindsey changes depending on what day it is, what their last interaction was, etc etc.

These are her foibles. They might disappoint you, but they are part of who she is now. Maybe she was always like this and we just never saw it. Or maybe it's age. Who knows. But lashing out at people who are only commenting on her own words and expressing how those words make them feel won't change reality.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think most of us know that everyone has flaws, including Stevie and every single member of this band. People on here who like Stevie and her solo work just get fed up with the regular trashing of her and her fans.

It is ok for us to attempt to get across out point of view, just once in a while.

Last edited by MoonSister75; 08-16-2017 at 04:46 PM..