Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What has Stevie been doing?

We all know that Stevie has been pretty generally absent since the end of the FM tour and it had me wondering. Has she been prepping another album? SFTV2 or something different? Let's face it, Stevie is not one for putting her feet up for months so I bet she's done some studio work for something.

What I do know is that HAIM have an album coming out really soon and it'll be brilliant because their last one was fantastic and I wondered if maybe Stevie will appear on that. It would be so cool! I hope I'm right with my assumption.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
We all know that Stevie has been pretty generally absent since the end of the FM tour and it had me wondering. Has she been prepping another album? SFTV2 or something different? Let's face it, Stevie is not one for putting her feet up for months so I bet she's done some studio work for something.

What I do know is that HAIM have an album coming out really soon and it'll be brilliant because their last one was fantastic and I wondered if maybe Stevie will appear on that. It would be so cool! I hope I'm right with my assumption.

creating drama
Old 08-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Going her own way! As she should! I hope she's resting and just enjoying normal life for a bit. Maybe she's reading all the baby crying that's taking place here. LOL! Seriously, she's 68 years old, it's time for her to just enjoy what creative time she has left and do what SHE wants to do. We all should be entitled to that, shouldn't we? Yay for Stevie! We treat her as if she OWES us something! She does not, plain and simple.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Going her own way! As she should! I hope she's resting and just enjoying normal life for a bit. Maybe she's reading all the baby crying that's taking place here. LOL! Seriously, she's 68 years old, it's time for her to just enjoy what creative time she has left and do what SHE wants to do. We all should be entitled to that, shouldn't we? Yay for Stevie! We treat her as if she OWES us something! She does not, plain and simple.
Yes! I couldn't agree more.
I hope she will tour in 2017 though, hopefully after having done Songs From The Vault 2.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fully agreed. I am hoping for a bit more solo work before she hangs up the shawl for good. But, yes, she deserves to do as she wishes.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is so refreshing to come over to this page after being on the Rumours page. There is so much Stevie hate over there right now. They act like they all know exactly what is going on and that Stevie is just a lazy ass and is the end all of FM. It is just ridiculous. I, for one, at this point would be totally fine with her saying she is no longer part of Fleetwood Mac. I would love to see her do another solo album and tour...and then just do whatever she wants.

I find it difficult to even come to this site anymore just because those people are just mean. They act like they know what is going on with a band who is well know for putting out drama to the press to keep their name out there...and blame everything on Stevie. I think she should give them what they want...and watch FM fade into the sunset with no fanfare or goodbye. Let Christine and Lindsey see what their audience looks like without her. I never thought I would have this attitude but those people are just miserable.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=JohnL;1188699those people are just mean. [/QUOTE]

they are just the worst I will suggest you avoid Chit Chat they are horrible and racist
Old 08-04-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
they are just the worst I will suggest you avoid Chit Chat they are horrible and racist
She's leaving and never coming back!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She's leaving and never coming back!
she should and she should do a large scale greatest hits tour to reacquaint
herself to her audience
Old 08-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's been filling her face , or something, according to previous posts.

Joking apart I hope she's had a long lovely rest, and if she no longer wants to record with FWM so be it......
In any other career she would be long retired.
I hope she does a solo Album and does a more intimate tour with that.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
She's been filling her face , or something, according to previous posts.

Joking apart I hope she's had a long lovely rest, and if she no longer wants to record with FWM so be it......
In any other career she would be long retired.
I hope she does a solo Album and does a more intimate tour with that.
If she did leave, I would rather her do a solo album than keep bringing old stuff out.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If she did leave, I would rather her do a solo album than keep bringing old stuff out.
right now she is sequencing a set list for a solo tour trying to figure where to place landslide , between Dreams and Rhiannon , or as a closer
Old 08-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, she's done 3 solo albums of new-ish material since Enchanted. I would love for her to do another solo album and tour it. However, before she rides off towards the edge of seventy high atop her pony, I'd love another Enchanted-like tour that would dust off some obscurities and highlight her work as a solo artist.

As for Fleetwood Mac, they need to tour a new album or risk being remembered as a dinosaur band at the ready for a cash grab!

At this point, Stevie's holding the (crystal) ball and I have no ill feelings toward any of them. They have only given me aural pleasure.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pull her up a rocking chair and pour her a cup of tea. She's missing an opportunity of a lifetime by not gettting back in the studio with Fleetwood Mac. The time is NOW!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
It is so refreshing to come over to this page after being on the Rumours page. There is so much Stevie hate over there right now. They act like they all know exactly what is going on and that Stevie is just a lazy ass and is the end all of FM. It is just ridiculous. I, for one, at this point would be totally fine with her saying she is no longer part of Fleetwood Mac. I would love to see her do another solo album and tour...and then just do whatever she wants.
I am a die-hard Stevie fan, but if this is what she wants, she should just say it. If she thinks she still has all the time in the world to do solo work and then another Mac album, she's dreaming.

If she wants to be done, I'm fine with that. If she wants to only do solo work while she still can, I"m fine with that. If she's playing games with FM, I'm NOT fine with that. Grow a pair and say you're out if that's what you want.

Being someone's fan doesn't mean you have to kiss-a$$ and never critique them.