Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WKU Herald, April 24, 2014 by Kae Holloway

http://wkuherald.com/article_d6bb6f5...7a43b2370.html

Witchy Woman: Stevie Nicks transcends age, stage, style

A true witchy woman has inspired me this week. From reading through stories about Wiccans, to poring through style photos from Coachella, hints of Stevie Nicks have been everywhere.

The singer-songwriter, defined by New York Magazine as the fairy godmother of rock, has spent over 40 years defining music and her slightly bohemian, slightly witchy and always mysterious style.

Whether she tries to or not (and knowing what we do about Ms. Nicks, probably not) her flowey, gypsy looks are enviable, carefree and sexy, and they show a natural approach to fashion.

Beyonce may have popularized the lyrics “I woke up like this,” but Nicks truly embodies it. It looks like she really could have just woken up in one of her silky, flowey gowns and a shawl, gliding out of a dream with “Edge of Seventeen” or “Rhiannon” playing softly in the background. Ooh, baby, ooh.

Some of her looks have gone on to be featured in the costume department of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and exhibited with D.C.’s National Women in the Arts organization.

Fans have flocked to following in her fashion footsteps, donning flowing dresses, stocking up on shawls and letting their long locks flow. Dressing like a rock icon is exciting, different and gives you a relaxed yet stylish look for the day.

If you’re going to portray this witchy woman, definitely invest in (surprise, surprise) anything and everything flowey, especially shawls or kimonos. H&M and Forever 21 both carry cheap, beautiful kimonos. If you’re willing to spend a little more, I’ve also found some covetable kimonos on Asos.

I recommend investing in the color black. Many of Nicks’ best stage looks involved her wearing flowing black dresses, sporting a red lip and adorning her head with various pieces, ranging from a small top hat to a loosely knitted, 20s-inspired head shawl.

Depending on what era of Nick's you’re trying to portray, a pair of bellbottoms wouldn’t hurt either. If Urban Outfitters or Free People don’t carry those, it might mean a trip to your local thrift store to find this 70s trend.

As far as makeup goes, just have fun with it. If you’re going for darker shades, play with darker eye makeup and a red lip. If it’s a more natural color palette, stick with black eyeliner and a more natural face.

This may sound cliché, but I always feel like the most “Stevie”-inspired days are rainy ones. Seriously, put on “Rumors” and pore through your wardrobe. The spirit of Stevie will guide your fashion choices.

Click through the gallery to see a collection of my favorite outfits from the rock gypsy.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[click for slide show]

http://www.dailylife.com.au/photogal...516-38enh.html

An Ode to the Style of Stevie Nicks
Old 08-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Profile of Carly Griffith in Lawrence Journal World, August 20, 2014, Click to see picture and decide if she looks like Stevie]

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/au...arly-griffith/

Fashion influences: Music! Stevie Nicks is my role mode, pretty much. I also get a lot of inspiration from Disney movies. I love the villains in movies ever since I was little. Cruella de Vil was who got me into fashion.

What would you like to see more or less of in Lawrence? I’d like to see more local boutiques, especially since they are not doing well right now. I hope Lawrence doesn’t just turn into a restaurant town. Less of? I think Lawrence is pretty good. It has an eclectic mix. I can’t complain about anything.

Tattoos or piercings: My favorite tattoo says “gold dust woman” from the Fleetwood Mac song. I sound like a crazy ’70s kid but that’s what I like!

Whom do people say you look like? Honestly, I got Stevie Nicks before
I liked her! Also, Ellen Page.

What type of music do you like? I like the ’70s and ’90s alternative grunge.

Tell us a secret: I’m in love with chef Gordon Ramsay!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

I wonder if after looking at her old pictures if she is going to revisit / update her old style. And ditch the grieving widow look
Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I wonder if after looking at her old pictures if she is going to revisit / update her old style. And ditch the grieving widow look
I just don't want to see that top with the holes in the shoulders on this tour. Oh my goodness.

Michele
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I was just wondering this myself, but for different reasons- with Christine's return and Chris becoming closer to Lindsey than ever, if that would make Stevie a bit more flamboyant again. Lindsey will probably be too preoccupied with Chris to dictate to Stevie to tone down her wardrobe. And in turn, Stevie will possibly become less stodgy onstage & feel more free to express herself visually and audibly. It's certainly possible she may soldier on with the same old wardrobe... I guess it just depends on her state of mind going into this tour.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Registered

hopefully through Dave she's seen that change is good
Old 08-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was just wondering this myself, but for different reasons- with Christine's return and Chris becoming closer to Lindsey than ever, if that would make Stevie a bit more flamboyant again. Lindsey will probably be too preoccupied with Chris to dictate to Stevie to tone down her wardrobe. And in turn, Stevie will possibly become less stodgy onstage & feel more free to express herself visually and audibly. It's certainly possible she may soldier on with the same old wardrobe... I guess it just depends on her state of mind going into this tour.
I've always been obsessed with Stevie's wardrobe (and with her) so I too have been wondering what her tour wardrobe will look like this fall. I've also thought about how Chris' return may impact her choices but in the end I think it's just been very wishful thinking on my part. I'm pretty sure we're going to get exactly what we have been getting as far as wardrobe goes: conservative black uniform, with a shawl for two predetermined songs and that's it. I honestly think, judging from what Stevie has said in interviews in the past ten years, that it simply comes down to age. I feel she thinks she's too old to dress as she once did, and has taken a conservative approach to the extreme.

As far as changes go, she MAY be inclined to at least change more often now that Christine is back and her "required" stage time is now decreased. We shall see.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 08-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just don't want to see that top with the holes in the shoulders on this tour. Oh my goodness.

Michele
I know, right? Pair that top with the frankenboks and you have a true disaster.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I think it might be alittle cold up here in New England for her to be wearing that in late October and November.I hope she wearing something cozy and warm along with a pair of normal heel height boots to keep her feet warm.

I know .I hate being cold and have cold feet .LOL...

I have a feeling she be wearing her coat when FM will be on the Today Show on Oct 9th.

Already the nights are dipping down in the 50's.God knows what the temps will be in a over a month for airtime.

I wonder if they will be still be doing that.Any updates.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My interest in fashion is little to none. I just wish the attire of Stevie and the rest of the band would have more color, and a little more flair. In the promo shot of the band used to promote the tour, they are all dressed in black, like a funeral procession.

The clothes they wore on stage in the 1970s were much more interesting and varied. Now everything is somber and monotone black. Their music is has such a variety of shades and color, so why don't their stage clothes reflect that?

Certainly the music is the most important thing, but a little more color adds character and personality, and enhances the presentation of the show. When John or Lindsey comes out looking more like the road crew than a rock and roll star, wearing jeans and a white t-shirt, it just shows that they've giving up any sense of showmanship. They used to care; now they look like every old average man.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

I really wish Stevie would mix it up a bit. I know she's getting older and she can't dress like she's 20 but that doesn't mean she should put 15 lbs of clothing on. You can still look sexy and be covered up with the right pieces and fabric.
She looked good during The Dance with the more flowey dresses. These days, she wears those heavy jackets and the semi-corsets-that-aren't-corsets. All they do is make her look 10 lbs bigger. Where's the colors? The ribbons, lace, capes and velvet? MORE chiffon please!
That notorious top that she's been sporting lately....I liked it at first. Heck, it's something that I would wear. But, it needs to go in the back of the closet for 10 years....
I think the gloves combined with her current outfits adds a really heavy look to her . I don't care if her hands supposedly "look older". They look fine to me!

Now as for her hair; I know alot of people like it. It's ok. But she needs a little volume at the top. Maybe a layered cut. She doesn't need to go full-on shag, just a couple of layers here and there. Maybe wear the Tusk bun sometimes.

I think Christine looks fabulous. She dresses the same way she always has. She still pulls off wearing tank tops and she's older than Stevie! The reason why I say that is because if Stevie wanted to, I'm sure she could pull it off as well.One thing I did notice is that Chris is wearing a leather blazer like Lindsey. Maybe Chris is imitating her musical brother? Hehe. She looks good in it.
What would Lindsey wear?
I think he looks good in the long-sleeve linen shirts and lighter blue jeans. I don't know what else he would wear. Go back to Armani suits? Snug-fitting 3/4 length sleeve sweaters?
Mick has a uniform like Stevie. But sometimes he adds color. I like his brocade vests and scarves.
And John....what would he wear? Baseball shirts? Polo's? He's done those before and it worked. Don't know about the hawaiian shirts though.

Last edited by Nickingham; 08-23-2014 at 01:04 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Mick has a uniform like Stevie. But sometimes he adds color. I like his brocade vests and scarves.
When I think of the off-stage photos of him, these days it seems like Mick has the largest and most varied wardrobe of any of the Macsters.

Michele
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Thandie Newton Talks About Stevie. The Press is having a hard time spelling "Nicks" this week]

http://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/pa...n-9772442.html

The Half of a Yellow Sun actor says Stevie Nix is her icon and Chiwetel Ejiofor walks the walk

BY Samuel Fishwick |03 October 2014 London Evening Standard

I have these wonderful Christian Louboutins, which remind me of my mum in the 1970s. They’re cute patchwork Stevie Nicks-style boots with bronze piping and lovely leather laces.

Stevie Nicks was my style icon growing up, with her gypsy, bohemian look, using elements of men’s attire with waistcoats and a little top hat. She was Kate Moss before Kate Moss.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[Thandie Newton Talks About Stevie. The Press is having a hard time spelling "Nicks" this week].
that article that had her listed as "Stevie Knicks" cracked me the f up
no Mama doesn't play for a basketball team