The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great Stevie video a friend shared with me. It's from 1987: (almost totally make up free, I think. She looks great!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM81...ubM-Wrl4DIJ65e

Maybe she's out there sharing crystals. Glad to hear she's contributing to Sheryl's new album.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's been, presumably, resting, plotting her next move to serve and continue her celebrity status. She shows no interest in creating new music with Fleetwood Mac. Okay, cool. She deserves her rest, etc.

But then the rest of the four need to move on, even knowing that an album without her wouldn't sell nearly as well. They don't need the money, but they do need a creative outlet that doesn't depend on her timeline. They did this when Lindsey left, they did it when Christine left. They can do it again. Yes, it's frustrating that the full Rumours lineup probably won't ever release new music again. But I'd rather have an active band than a greatest hits touring troup rehashing drama from forty years ago.

What bothers me the most is this: they all have the option to pursue what they want--Stevie on her own, the rest of the band as a band--but all five of them seem too invested in making money on oldies tours that make them more and more money from people who don't want or care about anything new. In this sense, all five of them are obnoxious. I'm interested in their artistic growth. This means new music. Let Stevie do what she wants. Move on. Move on...
Old 08-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie's been, presumably, resting, plotting her next move to serve and continue her celebrity status. She shows no interest in creating new music with Fleetwood Mac. Okay, cool. She deserves her rest, etc.

But then the rest of the four need to move on, even knowing that an album without her wouldn't sell nearly as well. They don't need the money, but they do need a creative outlet that doesn't depend on her timeline. They did this when Lindsey left, they did it when Christine left. They can do it again. Yes, it's frustrating that the full Rumours lineup probably won't ever release new music again. But I'd rather have an active band than a greatest hits touring troup rehashing drama from forty years ago.

What bothers me the most is this: they all have the option to pursue what they want--Stevie on her own, the rest of the band as a band--but all five of them seem too invested in making money on oldies tours that make them more and more money from people who don't want or care about anything new. In this sense, all five of them are obnoxious. I'm interested in their artistic growth. This means new music. Let Stevie do what she wants. Move on. Move on...
I don't see Stevie as particularly wanting this, though - when you listen to her say, "I have three months off then Fleetwood Mac go into rehearsal..." (as she would say when describing the recording of 24 Karat Gold, it sounded almost like she was distancing herself from the band and, given the time, she would have happily indulged in her solo career minus the band.

To me, it seems at this stage like Stevie would either happily record a full record and do a short tour, or record a song or two and tour for a year with Fleetwood Mac. However, she has candidly said she wants to shorten down her projects, so a full record (presumably taking over a year of her time) as well as a year or more on the road is just too much at this stage. I think, if anything, its the rest of the band who wants to keep going - be it for their legacies or their families (let's be honest, Lindsey SO wishes he had Stevie's finances so he could support K like she supports all her Nieces and girlfriends) - whereas I think Stevie would happily give up the band (for a while at least) and work on some of the projects she's discussed in the last few years.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedAngel View Post
I don't see Stevie as particularly wanting this, though - when you listen to her say, "I have three months off then Fleetwood Mac go into rehearsal..." (as she would say when describing the recording of 24 Karat Gold, it sounded almost like she was distancing herself from the band and, given the time, she would have happily indulged in her solo career minus the band.

To me, it seems at this stage like Stevie would either happily record a full record and do a short tour, or record a song or two and tour for a year with Fleetwood Mac. However, she has candidly said she wants to shorten down her projects, so a full record (presumably taking over a year of her time) as well as a year or more on the road is just too much at this stage. I think, if anything, its the rest of the band who wants to keep going - be it for their legacies or their families (let's be honest, Lindsey SO wishes he had Stevie's finances so he could support K like she supports all her Nieces and girlfriends) - whereas I think Stevie would happily give up the band (for a while at least) and work on some of the projects she's discussed in the last few years.
I don't disagree with your reading of this. But how long is "for a while"? The wait for new music has already been unbearable. We've already waited two years since new music was announced in Rolling Stone, we've already seen the band reunite for an oldies tour, with the promise of a "new" chapter. Admittedly, Stevie never consented to that. But the band needs to produce something with or without her now. It's been years, years, years, since we've had new music. Stevie continues periodically to put her solo work out with Dave Stewart. If that's what she wants, fine. But the rest of the band need to move on...and not wait indefinitely for her to change her mind. They're simply too old to wait much longer. Vocally, they have a short window before their instruments deteriorate past an acceptable standard.

I'm not blaming her, but I am urging the band to move on. She is clearly scarred from working with Lindsey. While I'm saddened to learn she doesn't want to work on a new album now, I'm more eager that the remaining four do continue on it.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 08-12-2016 at 07:59 PM..
Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole thing, including the Mick interview from the Rumours board, feels like deja vu: ("selfish/obsessed Stevie") I get fed up with Mick. He made "The Visitor." That was pretty much his solo career.

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/62632

Adam Bychawski, 15th March 2012

Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood: 'I don't think we'll ever tour again'

Founding member blames Stevie Nicks' 'obsession' with her solo career for unfulfilled reunion plans.

Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood has said he doesn't believe the band will ever tour together again.

In an interview with Playboy, the drummer and band's founding member said that it was unlikely that the group would ever reunite to record new material or hit the road for an extended period of time because of singer Stevie Nicks' obsession with her solo career.

Fleetwood, who played on Nicks' 2011 LP 'In Your Dreams', claimed that she had already scuppered plans for one reunion tour last year because she wanted to focus on her individual work, and also hinted that he didn't expect her attitude to change in the future.

"I don't believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again, but I really hope we do," he said. "We have rehearsed it and prepared for it since 2010. We were supposed to tour in 2011, but we delayed it for a year to allow Stevie Nicks to support her solo record and for Lindsey Buckingham to do the same with his."

He added:
I've always been supportive of my bandmates doing solo albums, so long as we kept our band together… I played drums on most of Stevie's album, the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that, for now, she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour. It comes down to her.

Fleetwood went on to say of Nicks' current situation: "I understand what she likes about her situation. Touring in support of her album, she is able to be her, without any degree of compromise. She doesn't have to worry about the other three of us asking her to do anything. She has become obsessed with her album in a very nice but inconvenient way."

In October last year, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham also seemingly ruled out the possibility of the band reforming to play together in 2012. Although both he and Nicks had previously suggested that they would reunite to tour and record new material, he later said was unlikely they would work together in the immediate future.

-----
Old 08-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Stevie mention in an interview that she wanted to spend time decorating her new house? That it only had 4 chairs etc.

I think Mick is pretty demanding of Stevie's time. She gives an inch and he always tries to take a mile. She needs some time, however long that is to rest, relax and enjoy herself. Spend time with with her family and friends. She owes no one anything, not Mick, not her fans.

I really don't care if FM releases a cd with or without her. When she is ready she will make her next move. Not a moment before. To be honest, (and I say this as a huge SN fan) it may be time for her to just retire. Save herself before she wrecks herself. She has gotten very caught up in the "hollywood image" and has gone too far with the collegen. She is starting to get the octomom/joker look and that is so disturbing to me. She was always flawless, flawed, yet flawless, and now it seems some idiot is pointing out every wrinkle and making her insecure (why else would she do this to herself?). Stevie was always confident in her image. What happened?

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
She has gotten very caught up in the "hollywood image" and has gone too far with the collegen. She is starting to get the octomom/joker look and that is so disturbing to me. She was always flawless, flawed, yet flawless, and now it seems some idiot is pointing out every wrinkle and making her insecure (why else would she do this to herself?). Stevie was always confident in her image. What happened?
I don't think she has always been confident... She speaks wistfully now about feeling insecure in swimsuits and fretting about lines on her face at age 30, and we know she had breast implants in the 70s and botox in the 90s. She's constantly going on about wearing black to look slimmer and could do a commercial for La Mer the way she rushes to explain her skin care regimen.

I don't like the face filler look and I wish she could see herself the way we do... As an attractive, original human, and beautiful for it.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a rumour going around that Stevie is doing a fall tour with the Pretenders. Anyone else heard that or able to confirm?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
There's a rumour going around that Stevie is doing a fall tour with the Pretenders. Anyone else heard that or able to confirm?
I hope Stevie opens so I don't have to cocktail my way through the Pretenders and then not remember Stevie's set.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I hope Stevie opens so I don't have to cocktail my way through the Pretenders and then not remember Stevie's set.
Yep, just read the same thing, don't know if it's true though.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced