Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham - "Come"

I know most all of you have heard the songs from Lindsey's GOS , album, what do you all think about "Come"? I think it is so awesome, a very hard rock song.

Do you think it could adjust well into the Fleetwood Mac album? They need a hard rock tune like this on there...what do u all think?

Chris
Old 01-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I've expressed my views about this (so called) song in previous posts, but in case anyone missed 'em, here they are again:

It's the worst piece of auditory masturbation Lindsey's ever recorded. A waste of time, waste of energy, waste of MY time listening to it those three times I put myself through the agony.

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!!!

What a waste of space where another GOOD song could be, should they decide to include it on the new album.

What else can I say? The "song" (using the term EXTREMELY loosely) incites a very hostile response from me.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not a bad song, one of my least fav GOS songs tho. I am glad to see it will be on the new album, cause it is an edgy and experimentive song from Lindsey.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
It's the worst piece of auditory masturbation Lindsey's ever recorded. A waste of time, waste of energy, waste of MY time listening to it those three times I put myself through the agony.

What else can I say? The "song" (using the term EXTREMELY loosely) incites a very hostile response from me.
Really? I'm still trying to decide if I'd call 'auditory masturbation' hostile or not..lol
I'd say those are pretty strong words. What would you say about This Is The Time from OOTC? Because it seems to me the two are pretty much stroke for stroke eh? eh? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
-Brian
Old 01-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi ChiliD- now what about you? What's your impression concerning this song? Do you like it? I`m still not sure about your opinion! Could you please tell me. You'd appreciate it to be on the new album? Please be a little more exact!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it is on the new album, and I SOOOO hope that it is, it will be my favourite song on it, regardless of what the other songs are. The song is packed with more energy than a supersize Lucozade bottle, has one of LB's most awesome guitar solos ever, and absolutely KICKS ASS!!!

Old 01-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation ITA!!

I LOVE COME!!! When I first heard it, my jaw hit the floor, not only because of the SEARING guitar work, but the lyrics!! LOL Heck....I thought "lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff" was raunchy!

The song starts off so cool with that soft, Spanish-sounding riff and it's reminiscent of "Tango in the Night" when it comes to the chorus..BAM!!

I truly do believe it WILL be on the album, since the word ROCK is being thrown around so much as opposed to POP.

I say....ROCK ON!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by bjk3047
What would you say about This Is The Time from OOTC?
It is not one of my faves on OotC. And both songs have the searing guitar tones that are somewhat similar, but there's a logical STRUCTURE to "This Is The Time" that is excruciatingly absent from "Come". However, I now have discovered that "This Is The Time" seems to be the missing link between "Caroline" on Tango and "Come"...each step loses a bit of song structure, yet keeps a similar guitar "feel".
Old 01-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Come" is a confirmed song on the album.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Come rocks!

I love Come! The guitar solo is awesome but it's not just that, the whole soft verse contrasting with the blasting chorus, the stinging lyrics, the whole arrogant/defiant sound of the entire song...

I ADORE IT!

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-20-2003 at 08:36 PM..
Old 01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if I could convince the store where I buy the damned CD if they'd give me a deal on it since I'll be listening to one less song than most everyone else?? Worth a try, I guess.

Since there's no confirmation whether the CD will be a single or double, there's no title for the album, etc, etc, I don't see how you can say that it "confirmed"? Sources, please.

That's about as assuming as someone back in 1973 seeing the original run of the cover of "Mystery To Me" and saying "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" is a "confirmed song on the album".

I won't believe ANYTHING until I have the thing in my grubby little hands.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's the best song on GOS...and I just love it, and would love it on the FWM Album.....

Chris
Old 01-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never heard COME but now Im very curious.

Im scared to hear it for my tiny crush on him...wow.

Can anyone let me hear it??
Old 01-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, then lets not believe absolutly anything. I guess "Say You Will," "Illume," "Peacekeeper" and even "Thrown Down" won't be on the new album even though they were confirmed by big sources like Rolling Stone.

Old 01-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you can't trust info from the supposed BANDLEADER (who won't even cop to there BEING a Fleetwood Mac between 1987 & 1997), why believe a third part like Rolling Stone magazine?