Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That was Alec's idea.
It looks like Alec and Rusty's chickens finally came home to roost.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I wonder is this...

1. Do we get a Buckingham/Mcvie 2?
2. Does the band record an EP/album with this new lineup?

Either way, AWKWARDDDDDD.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
What I wonder is this...

1. Do we get a Buckingham/Mcvie 2?
2. Does the band record an EP/album with this new lineup?

Either way, AWKWARDDDDDD.
I think anything is possible at this point. It's a good thing no one's made
Fleetwood Mac - The Movie yet.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
So you are crucifying the rest of the band for being immature and peter pan like...and you want to do this? Come on....it is pretty obvious who is at fault here since the rest of the band is standing together.
I've done no such thing.

And it's pretty obvious who is at fault.
It's the one who's wrapped up in at
least twenty layers of chiffon.

The band is only standing together for
$$$.

After one successful tour they'll be back
to what they were before without Lindsey.
Just another sad ole dinosaur band.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It looks like Alec and Rusty's chickens finally came home to roost.
Alec's maybe. But not good ole Rusty.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Alec's maybe. But not good ole Rusty.
Hmm... I’m suspicious of that Barry.
Jesus I feel like I’m at a funeral.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure it’s an outrage, but it certainly is shocking and hugely
disappointing.
I have mixed feelings.
I was looking for a legitimate farewell tour; but I’m also not a big fan of the tired rote greatest hits sets.
The news feels like a weird deja vu from 1987.
But Mike Campbell will bring a lot of energy and personality to the sound - in a way that Rick Vito and Billy Burnette weren’t capable of.
I honestly can’t think of a better replacement for Lindsey Buckingham ‘s sound - especially in the context of big arenas.
Mike is an amazing player and a superb songwriter. He will bring a lot to the tour in ways that people aren’t expecting. Neil Finn is a great singer; but I’m not as enthusiastic about him because it feels like it was a choice made out of convenience. I guess they needed someone with pipes given how shaky Chris’s vocals have become.
In any event, I guess it just feels like a knee jerk band aid fix rather then a considered
thoughtful crafted project.

I wish it was presented as a different band / project instead of a salvage Fleetwood Mac tour.

At the same time, I’m not sure this whole story came out of a scenario that was dramatic in the way that the press is presenting it.
It could have been that they just couldn’t agree on a schedule.
People in their 70’s should be able to make decisions at will.
They don’t work for us and they don’t owe us anything.
I would have hated to know that a tour was put together and Lindsey didn’t want to be there.

I’m sorry that the end result of all of this is that we have a nostalgia act cobbling together what they can to prop up a tour - - instead of a group of five artists who really wanted to commit to making this a final goodbye to the 5 decades worth of fans.
I’m sorry for all of us. But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.
Much respect to the whole band for giving everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

It’s shocking and it’s unexpected and it hurts.
But I think if people can put aside the drama machine and make an effort to not write the narrative for this band that probably never happened; we might find that we can allow ourselves to enjoy Mike Campbell’s jaw-dropping guitar playing.
He’s no Buckingham, but he is quite possibly the most gifted player I’ve ever heard in an arena setting.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Not sure it’s an outrage, but it certainly is shocking and hugely
disappointing.
I have mixed feelings.
I was looking for a legitimate farewell tour; but I’m also not a big fan of the tired rote greatest hits sets.
The news feels like a weird deja vu from 1987.
But Mike Campbell will bring a lot of energy and personality to the sound - in a way that Rick Vito and Billy Burnette weren’t capable of.
I honestly can’t think of a better replacement for Lindsey Buckingham ‘s sound - especially in the context of big arenas.
Mike is an amazing player and a superb songwriter. He will bring a lot to the tour in ways that people aren’t expecting. Neil Finn is a great singer; but I’m not as enthusiastic about him because it feels like it was a choice made out of convenience. I guess they needed someone with pipes given how shaky Chris’s vocals have become.
In any event, I guess it just feels like a knee jerk band aid fix rather then a considered
thoughtful crafted project.

I wish it was presented as a different band / project instead of a salvage Fleetwood Mac tour.

At the same time, I’m not sure this whole story came out of a scenario that was dramatic in the way that the press is presenting it.
It could have been that they just couldn’t agree on a schedule.
People in their 70’s should be able to make decisions at will.
They don’t work for us and they don’t owe us anything.
I would have hated to know that a tour was put together and Lindsey didn’t want to be there.

I’m sorry that the end result of all of this is that we have a nostalgia act cobbling together what they can to prop up a tour - - instead of a group of five artists who really wanted to commit to making this a final goodbye to the 5 decades worth of fans.
I’m sorry for all of us. But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.
Much respect to the whole band for giving everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

It’s shocking and it’s unexpected and it hurts.
But I think if people can put aside the drama machine and make an effort to not write the narrative for this band that probably never happened; we might find that we can allow ourselves to enjoy Mike Campbell’s jaw-dropping guitar playing.
He’s no Buckingham, but he is quite possibly the most gifted player I’ve ever heard in an arena setting.
Thanks dontlookdown for your mature and thoughtful reflection with whom I agree wholeheartedly
Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I'm sorry, but these folks are spoiled brats! I've grown so tired and weary of this saga that I don't care to spend another dime on these pampered, indulgent divas!
"You know I think all of us have some inner demons that we struggle with. We all have them, and there's been times when we let them get the best of us probably as well. I think its just important to remember that no one falls into a simple set of labels, and its even more important, I think, to learn from your mistakes and to fight for the positive choice."-Lindsey Buckingham
Old 04-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend on FB earlier was wondering if the band will do a "Don't dream it's over"-"Dreams" medley. He was enthusiastic. As irrational as it sounds, his enthusiasm upset/offended me. When I pointed out that firing Lindsey was quite possibly the result of a Stevie "him or me" ultimatum, he responded: "I think it’s pretty clear now that FM isn’t a going concern when Stevie is not involved." Again, this, however true and obvious this was, it upset me. I always knew Stevie wielded her celebrity power like a weapon against him and the band, but I never thought the band--ie: Fleetwood and the McVies--would let him slip through their fingers a second time. He is simply too valuable. Period. They've made a colossal mistake. An embarrassing mistake. All for the sake of money. I can't get over this. Yet. But I will be the first person to gladly eat my words if the band actually sounds good in this new configuration. I am, putting it mildly, doubtful.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I'm bummed LB is gone (for now, anyway, who knows what'll happen 5 years from now), I have to admit I am ok with LB being replaced in a way I never would be if SN were replaced, and here's why- Stevie is a singer only. Lindsey, being a guitarist, HAS to be replaced. The band NEEDS a guitarist. Bringing Mike Campbell in to play guitar is pretty damn genius- he's incredible, well-liked and has a following. And bringing Neil Finn is also clever- while we're all speculating he'll be singing LB songs live, the band will probably surprise us by having him sing Danny Kirwin or Bob Welch songs instead.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Although I'm bummed LB is gone (for now, anyway, who knows what'll happen 5 years from now), I have to admit I am ok with LB being replaced in a way I never would be if SN were replaced, and here's why- Stevie is a singer only. Lindsey, being a guitarist, HAS to be replaced. The band NEEDS a guitarist. Bringing Mike Campbell in to play guitar is pretty damn genius- he's incredible, well-liked and has a following. And bringing Neil Finn is also clever- while we're all speculating he'll be singing LB songs live, the band will probably surprise us by having him sing Danny Kirwin or Bob Welch songs instead.
In your dreams
The Bob Welch era has been white washed. They don't talk about it, would not allow him in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, and even removed any mention of him on Behind the Music. They even cut him off the album Heroes are Hard to Find.
There is no way any Bob Welch will be played. Even Lindsey songs wont be played (I don't consider The Chain a Lindsey song). They don't want to sound like a cover band. I am shocked at what people think they are going to play. Someone mentioned on another thread that I'm So Afraid will be played LOL
The worst mistake you can make is trying to imitate the person you are replacing.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In your dreams
The Bob Welch era has been white washed. They don't talk about it, would not allow him in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, and even removed any mention of him on Behind the Music. They even cut him off the album Heroes are Hard to Find.
There is no way any Bob Welch will be played. Even Lindsey songs wont be played (I don't consider The Chain a Lindsey song). They don't want to sound like a cover band. I am shocked at what people think they are going to play. Someone mentioned on another thread that I'm So Afraid will be played LOL
You know I can't help but look at your avatar, the pic of LB and CM in their BuckVie photo shoot, and the clips of them making that album, and all the lovey dovey going on throughout... there were Mick and Lindsey hugging and Lindsey saying to Mick "I love you, man" and the back slapping, and all the hugging and kissing with Chris........ Not to even mention the whole BuckVie tour.

And now this.

It just doesn't compute.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Who is speculating this? I think most people probably feel as if they'll avoid Lindsey songs as much as possible. Said it before but the only Lindsey song I can see them playing would be Go Your Own Way (as well as World Turning and The Chain). They'll do what they did in 87/88 and play several PG songs. I can also imagine them writing a couple of new tunes and playing those as well. I can definitely envisage Neil writing and performing a duet with Christine.

Oh Well- highly likely bordering on a dead cert
Black Magic Woman- highly likely
Green Manalishi- very good shout
Sentimental Lady- possibility

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Who is speculating this? I think most people probably feel as if they'll avoid Lindsey songs as much as possible. Said it before but the only Lindsey song I can see them playing would be Go Your Own Way (as well as World Turning and The Chain). They'll do what they did in 87/88 and play several PG songs. I can also imagine them writing a couple of new tunes and playing those as well.
I agree. Neil Finn and Michael Campbell are both highly established already, so I'm sure the focus will be on their individual strengths, not duplicating Lindsey (which, of course, is impossible).

Quote:
I can definitely envisage Neil writing and performing a duet with Christine.
I love that idea.