Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

Many posters are also ignoring the significant facts that:
- John McVie has cancer, a debilitating illness which takes a long time to fully recover from (some times years).
- Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John and Christine are human beings first; musicians second. Give them a break. They have lives outside of their musical careers.
The album isn't being delayed by John's illness. He's been an active participant so far. The band's personal life also isn't the reason. If it's being delayed at all it'll be because of Stevie's reluctance to participate. I don't think any other reason will keep it from happening.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I imagine this is disappointing to many, but at the very least, hopefully this puts to rest any speculation that Stevie is at fault for any delay in the album:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...ribes-new.html

"There was never really any intention to try and finish this album and put it out to promote on this particular tour that we're about to embark upon because we all felt that maybe the smart call was to go out and have the novelty of Christine being back in the band be the cleaner and more to-the-point place to start, and so to go out and just re-include her songs in the body of work and have that be pretty much the presentation of that set seemed to be the right thing to do, and then to come back and when we're done with that (tour) and finish this up with Stevie, who has...assured us she will be ready to do that then. And then we'll have something to gout and promote with some new music. So it becomes sort of a long-term plan, so we're all very excited about that."
Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I imagine this is disappointing to many, but at the very least, hopefully this puts to rest any speculation that Stevie is at fault for any delay in the album:

"There was never really any intention to try and finish this album and put it out to promote on this particular tour that we're about to embark upon because we all felt that maybe the smart call was to go out and have the novelty of Christine being back in the band be the cleaner and more to-the-point place to start, and so to go out and just re-include her songs in the body of work and have that be pretty much the presentation of that set seemed to be the right thing to do, and then to come back and when we're done with that (tour) and finish this up with Stevie, who has...assured us she will be ready to do that then. And then we'll have something to gout and promote with some new music. So it becomes sort of a long-term plan, so we're all very excited about that."
Scratch my last post. We finally have confirmation of an agreement by Stevie to participate. And that they plan for it to happen following the tour. That's great news. Not disappointing to me at all, because I figured they never had any intention of putting the album out before the tour. I don't think you announce a tour and then several months later announce an album before the tour starts. That just didn't make sense to me. A tour promoting an album is usually announced following at least the announcement of the album.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Scratch my last post. We finally have confirmation of an agreement by Stevie to participate. And that they plan for it to happen following the tour. That's great news. Not disappointing to me at all, because I figured they never had any intention of putting the album out before the tour. I don't think you announce a tour and then several months later announce an album before the tour starts. That just didn't make sense to me. A tour promoting an album is usually announced following at least the announcement of the album.
I entirely agree. Frankly, if they rushed an album out in a few months, I don't think many of us would be too pleased with the result. This allows Stevie to record her solo album, Christine to get back in the groove, and then we get our (hopefully) double FM album.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i was not replying to that part - plus questioning the whereabouts was rhetorical anyway (taking the liberty here to interpret DESTINYRULES' thoughts).

conspired? you watching politics pundits or something these days, Jamie?

i was replying to the part where denimlamp stated SN has earned the right to go on power trips.

personally, and morally, i think anybody going on power trips is sad. but yes it's human. and yes people do it, but it doesn't reflect well on them. this whole discussion reminds me of asking people to paint hotel rooms pink and crane-in white pianos. i justified that with being high and drunk and not at her best behavior. power trips now don't have those justifications.

CM or LB get plenty of awards that just a select few received (check the string of her awards in 2012-13 or his awards from 2011-12), and i didn't see their fans trying to use those to justify their going on some power trip with people they knew before they were famous. as far as LB goes, he grew out of his power trips, at least i hope.
Unfortunately, I don't think LB has grown out of his power trips. Not when he has that little, bald, buff security dude find and bring hot chicks to be at his feet during shows last year.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post

that does make sense. I can just hear the sarcasm in Lindsey's voice when he says "... who has assured us she will be ready to do that then...".

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
that does make sense. I can just hear the sarcasm in Lindsey's voice when he says "... who has assured us she will be ready to do that then...".
Yeah, you can tell there's a some skepticism there.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Double album.... Love it! Chris has maintained this youthfulness to her. A cool vibe yet not trying too hard. I absolutely can't wait.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think LB has grown out of his power trips. Not when he has that little, bald, buff security dude find and bring hot chicks to be at his feet during shows last year.

Jamie
Really? Would you care to elaborate? Or is this pure sarcasm?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, you can tell there's a some skepticism there.
The three dot pause gave him away!!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
Really? Would you care to elaborate? Or is this pure sarcasm?
No sarcasm at all. This really happened and was discussed on other threads. Myself and many others were witnesses at various shows.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Holy Tusk! You mean to tell me that the band didn't intend to finish and release this album before the tour, and that Stevie has given them assurances she will record with them?!? I wish people would have suggested that likelihood weeks ago!

Seriously though, it is nice to have the confirmation. Thank you, BlueLight, for sharing that.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

To think this might be the end of the posts about how hurtful Stevie's solo album is towards getting a FM album out before the tour! Le Gasp! Then again...that's unlikely to change. Is this where some of us get to say I told you so?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Holy Tusk! You mean to tell me that the band didn't intend to finish and release this album before the tour, and that Stevie has given them assurances she will record with them?!? I wish people would have suggested that likelihood weeks ago!

Seriously though, it is nice to have the confirmation. Thank you, BlueLight, for sharing that.
Well this may be a recent development. Maybe a recent conversation they had. I don't think it's something they knew all along. I'd say their interviews over the past 2 months seem to imply they didn't. In fact, Lindsey said as much in the initial interviews following the tour announcement. But I think even those of us who were skeptical were hoping they would reach some kind of an agreement about it and they did, supposedly. It was just frustrating that no one would a give a confirmation to that effect which is why I think this is a recent thing. Even then, there seems a bit of a skeptical tone in Lindsey's voice when he said it.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-08-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well this may be a recent development. Maybe a recent conversation they had. I don't think it's something they knew all along. I'd say their interviews over the past 2 months seem to imply they didn't. In fact, Lindsey said as much in the initial interviews following the tour announcement. But I think even those of us who were skeptical were hoping they would reach some kind of an agreement about it and they did. It was just frustrating that no one would a give a confirmation to that effect which is why I think this is a recent thing.
It's possible it's a recent development, but it's also very possible she's assured them all along that she will record with them. Like we've discussed before, even though they didn't come right out and say "yes, Stevie will be on this album," they also never used any "ifs" when discussing her working with them. Only that it was a question of "how" and "when." To me that always implied it was an inevitability.

Maybe the reason he's talking about it now, is that they've locked in a time-frame for her involvement.