Eyes of the World by Tim Ricketts

Don't Stop by oldenick666

Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From the Being Erica blog. Click to see the photos]

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

http://www.imbeingerica.com/2013/10/...in-london.html

fleetwood mac live in london

recently at work (i work in the music industry) we were asked to name our top five artists for a battle of the bands competition. i could only name one, and so was disqualified. that band was fleetwood mac. if you ever read my m is for music post (when the pictures still existed), then you will be somewhat familiar with my fleetwood mac appreciation. if not, it goes like this; they're amazing. the end.

so, a hundred years ago when the rumours began about them headlining glasto, i was preparing for my first camping festival. then, amidst the second hand news of their u.s tour going ahead, i braced myself for the news that dreams are made of; they had confirmed uk dates. come the morning of the pre-sale, nic - another macophile and friend from work, and i sat at our computers at 9am knowing if we didn't secure our tickets that day that we'd never be going back again.

well, we didn't. it sold out in minutes, so we had to wait like mugs for the general sale the following day. stuck and work and with little faith of our own, nic had given her mum strict instructions to "don't stop refreshing the site" until the tickets were ours. we waited with baited breath... "if they've sold out again, i don't wanna know" i'd said to nic, fully preparing myself for the worst. minutes later i got the call i'd been nervously anticipating all morning; we'd got the tickets! and the cheaper end of the scale too! "oh daddy!" i cried down the phone to nic, all the while praising that gold dust woman in my head, mentally adding her to my christmas card list and preparing to name my first born after her too.

months passed, and although it was always in my mind, i'd basically forgotten about it until the week of the gig. between packing for our holiday, planning birthday catch-ups and dealing with my pulled neck muscle, it wasn't high on the agenda! come wednesday morning though, things were different. like the songbird i am, i was humming mac tunes all day, and nic, amy (another macophile at work), and i couldn't contain our excitement at work. everyone knew where we going that night. nic and i had planned to meet her mum for dinner before the show, and naturally, invited amy along. "you gonna go your own way?" we'd asked - not knowing she was meeting her boyfriend there later, so instead planned to meet her in the sky bar before the show.

at 5pm, i unshackled the chain around my desk and and swanned out the door, bound for north greenwich. there, we met nic's mum at wagamama, and indulged in some delicious pre-show japanese before indulging in the glamour of the sky backstage bar - again, thanks to nic's mum's sky package! this woman, i tell you what. she sure does make loving fun! ten minutes before show time, we took our seats... in the front half of the arena, at ground level! we had amazing seats! we weren't sure we were in the right place, but a quick check with the usher revealed that we defnitely were. excited to the point of peeing, we waited... and then...

i watched, wide eyed, as one of my favourite bands of all time played their classics, their hits, some new tracks, acoustic and electric tracks, and even some of their solo tracks, for the next three hours. three hours. and, as if that wasn't enough, during the encore, christine mcvie came out and joined the others in stage for "don't stop", for the first time since 1998 when they were inducted into the music hall of fame. it was totes emosh; seeing lindsay and stevie hug and kiss each other, and knowing all about their history was just... epic. nic and i caught each other well up during the poignant speeches, and go giddy during lindsay's multiple orgasms guitar solos. it was just... amazing. i have no words; nothing can describe what happened on stage.

when we left, i literally couldn't wipe the smile off my face. it was the gig of a lifetime (have had a few of those in london), and i simply cannot believe that i've seen fleetwood mac live. like literally, cannot believe it. it still hasn't sunk in. my life is now complete.

have you ever been to a gig that made you feel that way?

(you should be impressed that i fit the whole 'rumours' track list in this post. i'm not even sorry.)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I kept noticing is how she constantly misspelled Lindsey's name.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Ledgie

Default You've probably seen this but...

... For those of you who haven't ... So special and well shot from the audience

http://youtu.be/hs6pLUaj1D0
Old 10-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustboy71 View Post
... For those of you who haven't ... So special and well shot from the audience

http://youtu.be/hs6pLUaj1D0
I've already posted this video in this thread.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Daily News, 10-4, 2013

http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-en...mac-in-concert

Christine McVie joins Fleetwood Mac in London concerts

For the first time since pretty much retiring from music in 1998 (her Mac swan song was at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), singer-songwriter-keyboardist Christine McVie, now 70, performed with the band, reports Britain’s Express. She joined the band at the final two of their three songs at London’s 20,000-seat O2 Arena.

Looking slim, trim, happy and relaxed, the blond songstress, dressed in black jeans and black leather jacket, came onstage each night to deafening applause. She then sang lead on the final song of the concerts, her biggest hit, “Don’t Stop.” Afterward, she joined the band as they took their bows.

Will she join the band again either in concert or in the studio?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hotpress by Colm O Hare, 11 Oct 2013, 11:35
http://www.hotpress.com/Fleetwood-Ma.../10290388.html

Fleetwood Mac Live at The O2

They’ve never been less than enduringly popular, especially in this neck of the woods where sell-out shows are the norm. But for some reason, Fleetwood Mac have suddenly become hip with a much younger audience. In fact, a sizeable contingent of the crowd tonight weren’t even born when the band’s 40 million-selling 1977 opus Rumours was released.

They’ve never been less than enduringly popular, especially in this neck of the woods where sell-out shows are the norm. But for some reason, Fleetwood Mac have suddenly become hip with a much younger audience. In fact, a sizeable contingent of the crowd tonight weren’t even born when the band’s 40 million-selling 1977 opus Rumours was released.

In truth, it’s not difficult to work out why they’re so acclaimed after all these years. As well as being a formidable hit-making machine, the ‘Mac has a lot going for it, not least the bewitching stage presence and voice of Stevie Nicks and the guitar playing and songwriting genius that is Lindsey Buckingham (looking impossibly fit and healthy).

Meanwhile, the founding members – drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie – hold their own as one of the finest rhythm sections in rock history.

Opening with a powerhouse trio of tracks from the aforementioned Rumours in the form of ‘Second Hand News’, ‘The Chain’ and ‘Dreams’ makes for a high-octane start to what is a lengthy two-and-a-half-hour show.

The hits keep on coming, with early highlights including a seductive ‘Rhiannon’, the haunting ‘Gypsy’ and the hypnotic ‘Gold Dust Woman’.

There is room, too, for a new song – ‘Sad Angel’. It is a surprisingly meaty but melodic rocker. A trio from Tusk includes the title track and the lovely ‘Sara’. The star of the show and the one who keeps it all together is undoubtedly Lindsey Buckingham; his electric and acoustic strumming is, as Dave Fanning comments after the show, nothing short of astonishing. A solo version of ‘Big Love’ sees Buckingham display some incredible fretwork gymnastics, as does ‘Never Going Back Again’, while a lovely acoustic duet on ‘Landslide’ with Nicks was another memorable moment.

However, it is the mega hits that have the packed arena on its feet with ‘Go Your Own Way’, and ‘Don’t Stop’ eliciting ecstatic responses. The encore ballad ‘Silver Springs’, a Rumours out-take, has become a deserved live favourite take. The hoped-for appearance by former member Christine McVie, who was said to be rehearsing with the band in Dublin, proves unfounded. But no-one is complaining.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uptown Girl blog Last updated 16:22 14/10/2013

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...d-me-at-the-O2

Christine McVie and me at the O2 by ALANA DIXON

But, despite an ever-burgeoning passport, a self-satisfying list of European sights and South American escapades, and mastering the art of slipping through the masses to score the last empty seat on the Tube, I've struggled to think of another moment to top my list of moments since setting off on the Big OE.

Yes, folks, you might have tickets to Vector Arena but I defy you to trump seeing Fleetwood Mac belt out folksy rock jam after jam at London's O2 Arena.

The evening did not start off the way I hoped.

After making the mistake of first heading to a bar in the Square Mile for some pre-show drinks (oh sure, I'll pay [PndStlg]19 for a shared cocktail that arrives in a miniature bathtub filled mainly of ice- cubes not booze, and, oh sure, I'd love to be surrounded by Hooray Henrys loudly discussing how many zeros are in their salaries! That doesn't sound irritating at all) we came to our senses and decided to venture to the surely packed-to-the-brim bars around the stadium.

From there the night was on a steady, skyrocketing improve.

In a moment of sheer brilliance, a consensus to buy some cheap Sav at a mini Tesco was reached so, upon arrival in Greenwich, we joined the troupe of concert-goers lounging around the concrete, supping in both London's tacit approval of public drinking and the surprisingly balmy autumn evening.

(The evening's warm-up entertainment: peering at the group of people taking part in the newest craze for London singletons, a group blind-date version of Up At the O2 - getting strapped into a harness and venturing out onto the 52m-high walkway, in the dark no less, is one way to sort the men from the boys, I s'pose.)

Then it was time for the night to reach what I thought would be its pinnacle - hours of live Fleetwood Mac listening pleasure.

There aren't many bands that sound as good live as they do on their polished- to-perfection iTunes downloads. Even fewer that can make that claim, when the average age of its five "classic" members clocks in at 66.4 years.

Fleetwood Mac is not one of those bands.

Ignoring the buzz-kills who seem to crop up at every concert - I kid you not, the guy next to me had his fingers in his ears the whole time - and the burning in my heel-clad feet, I was one of those who defied the posse of lemony ladies, and the security guards they tried to enlist, who kept insisting everybody "sit down".

At. A. Concert.

Most people have one act that serves as their happy place.

For me, that's Fleetwood Mac, who have been a constant presence during summers in Wanaka, house parties, and road trips since ages ago.

So to be in the audience at the O2 - a venue that would be hard to beat, no matter who you're listening to - was magic.

To be in the audience to witness Christine McVie - arguably the band's most underrated member - perform with them since the Nineties, was even better.

That, my friends, was the pinnacle.

(Of the night, and possibly also my life.)

The only disappointment, apres- concert, was watching the video clips I somehow managed to shoot, and being confronted with now-irrefutable proof my alleged singing is actually more like tone-deaf warbling.

Once, I made a special point to thank Mum in public for teaching me all the words to Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not sure the people around me would agree - and maybe that explains the dude next to me - but what I said then still stands.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You Intro
WelshWitchPMD

http://

Wow...this is a great version of the story. Couple of observations.

Lindsey: He called me up and said...Lindsey would you like to join Fleetwood Mac...and I said...(turns to Stevie) because I love you so much...I said Mick if you take me...you gotta take my girlfriend too...

Lindsey: And where did that get me? ... (What did you say Lindsey?!?!..Do we really need to explain it to you??..does anyone else have a video of this part of the shows that shows what Stevie did in response to Lindsey saying that?...I'm dying to see Stevies response..)

Lindsey: I think it was our destiny (wow Stevie got Lindsey to believe in destiny)

Last edited by Deeshere; 10-16-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Without You Intro
WelshWitchPMD
Thank you for posting this and to Pattie for filming this. It's always my favorite part of each show.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you for posting this and to Pattie for filming this. It's always my favorite part of each show.
mine too that's why I always look for it..
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting that! He is so adorable.