User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
Mike, because of the fact that the last tour was such a success, I'm a bit worried they won't be able to sustain the ticket sales! I really hope I'm wrong!
Luckily, I think enough time has passed now. The audience has had a few years to refresh and replenish.

Michele
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think enough time has passed now. The audience has had a few years to refresh and replenish.

Michele
Agreed. By the time the band hits the road next year, it will have been 4 years since the Unleashed tour. Since they'll be touring (again!) backing the same old setlist with no new material, 4 years is enough of a break to whet casual fans appetites to plunk down $75-$200 for Mac tickets. The economy is in better shape than it was back in '09 as well, so people are spending a bit more freely on frivalous expenditures like pricey concert tickets. If Fleetwood Mac does go out on the road next year, they'll make money for sure. They'll probably even fill up the arenas better this time than they did last time around, too. Anyone else remember how some venues were half filled, and tickets were either given away, or greatly slashed leading up to shows, and some shows were cancelled?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Agreed. By the time the band hits the road next year, it will have been 4 years since the Unleashed tour. Since they'll be touring (again!) backing the same old setlist with no new material, 4 years is enough of a break to whet casual fans appetites to plunk down $75-$200 for Mac tickets. The economy is in better shape than it was back in '09 as well, so people are spending a bit more freely on frivalous expenditures like pricey concert tickets. If Fleetwood Mac does go out on the road next year, they'll make money for sure. They'll probably even fill up the arenas better this time than they did last time around, too. Anyone else remember how some venues were half filled, and tickets were either given away, or greatly slashed leading up to shows, and some shows were cancelled?
the truth is..as much as I bitch about the same ole setlist i'm such a fool, i'll probably be in the front five roows in Phoenix with my friends
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like nothing better if we were all excited about a killer new album and a tour of smaller, more intimate venues with a career encompassing set list, the fab four plus may Tuggle and a percussionist, not an arena cash grab with "extra" musicians and backing vocalists.

A sheds tour with the same set list, again, not interested.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I would like nothing better if we were all excited about a killer new album and a tour of smaller, more intimate venues with a career encompassing set list, the fab four plus may Tuggle and a percussionist, not an arena cash grab with "extra" musicians and backing vocalists.

A sheds tour with the same set list, again, not interested.
I agree. Ancient tours were with a hidden Ray Lindsey playing some guitars. I think a short line-up with Mick, John, Stevie & Lindsey, Brett, a percussionist (could be Taku or Lenny), and maybe one backing vocalist (Sharon, Lory or Jana) should be good, but if you count them, they're already many too.

I'm sad because maybe they're thinking about a smaller tour as you said, and for someone who lives so far away, it means that you won't see them...again...

And about the setlist, yes. They must change them. They will play the classics (The Chain, GYOW, NGBA, Dreams, and Don't Stop even when we know is not the same), but in the 2003/04 tour they played songs like Eyes of the World, and Beautiful Child. I know people are waiting for Sisters of the Moon, but what about Crystal, Save me a place, Sara, Oh Well, and Seven Wonders?

Regards!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I agree. Ancient tours were with a hidden Ray Lindsey playing some guitars. I think a short line-up with Mick, John, Stevie & Lindsey, Brett, a percussionist (could be Taku or Lenny), and maybe one backing vocalist (Sharon, Lory or Jana) should be good, but if you count them, they're already many too.

I'm sad because maybe they're thinking about a smaller tour as you said, and for someone who lives so far away, it means that you won't see them...again...

And about the setlist, yes. They must change them. They will play the classics (The Chain, GYOW, NGBA, Dreams, and Don't Stop even when we know is not the same), but in the 2003/04 tour they played songs like Eyes of the World, and Beautiful Child. I know people are waiting for Sisters of the Moon, but what about Crystal, Save me a place, Sara, Oh Well, and Seven Wonders?

Regards!
They've played Sara a lot, haven't they?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Frozen Love
Crystal
SOTM
Beautiful Child
GDW
The Chain
They can play whatever the like after the above songs have been performed
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
They've played Sara a lot, haven't they?
Yes. They played it I think starting with the second leg of SYW and all during Unleashed. Their interaction became known as "the Sara hug" for that tour. lol

And, as far as Unleashed goes - I don't think it was a total washout as a tour. I think they used it like they said they were going to - to write. I think IYD and SWS came out of the down time on that tour. Also, they reworked GDW, did a band version of GI, made NGB strangely eerie, gave us the aforementioned "Sara hug", and Stevie brought back the top hat and told the story behind "Gypsy". Besides, I have an affinity for this tour since it was the first time I saw them live. It was a sweet tour. I'm even more excited to see them next year since Stevie has been having such a great time lately - I just hope her mood remains that way for FM.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-26-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Youtube led me to this interview with Glenn Frey from earlier this year - If you jump to 11:28, he mentions the possibility of an EP in conjunction with a 2 disc dvd history of the Eagles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxUPN...eature=related

I just find it interesting that what some of us have felt would be a good option for FM is exactly what they are doing! I also find it interesting that they are putting together a doc, but that's beside the point.

Last edited by KindOfWoman90; 10-26-2012 at 11:24 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post

I just find it interesting that what some of us have felt would be a good option for FM is exactly what they are doing! I also find it interesting that they are putting together a doc, but that's beside the point.
Interesting and it makes sense. I'd expect the Eagles and FM to be doing similar things, given the people behind them.

Michele