Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Found this on youtube...

So will the episode be this season or next season?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post

So will the episode be this season or next season?
She said the "last six episodes" so I assume she means this season.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
She said the "last six episodes" so I assume she means this season.
It does though contradict what was said earlier, that the episode will be next season. Though I heard something about them extending this season by a few episodes.

Wonder if the episode has already been filmed?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another clip talking about Glee and the "Rumours" episode. Fast forward to about the 1:19 mark.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 mentions of "evil"... I totally agree.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Here's another clip talking about Glee and the "Rumours" episode. Fast forward to about the 1:19 mark.
G'ah! Won't play in the UK.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele_belle View Post
G'ah! Won't play in the UK.
Oops! Its from the hulu website. Basically the cast and execs of Glee talk about the show taking questions from the audience. One of the execs talks about them wanting to do an episode that gave honors to an album and apparently they all really like Rumours. They thought with all the relationships w/FM and on Glee changing/breaking up, that Rumours would be a fun album to do.

It seems to "confirm" that this episode will be this season.

Hope that helps...
Old 04-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like there's a good possibility the Rumours episode will coincide with the release of Stevie's new album.

"Get ready April Rhodes fans! Kristin returns to the hit series in just a couple of weeks! Tune in on May 3 for a Glee-tastic episode featuring Kristin! ←

The episode that airs May 3rd is the Fleetwood Mac “Rumours” episode, and we already know she will be singing Dreams with Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester)."

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post...rns-to-the-hit

http://www.facebook.com/kristincheno...50155712746360
Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I AM SO FREAKING happy that of anyone in the cast/guest cast, Cheno is singing Dreams. She's phenomenal.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a day...

anyway...I thought Glee comes on Wednesday night. I took Wed May 4th off for an appointment!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Forcing the songs from Rumours--of all albums ever--into a sitcom narrative is a dangerous form of pop history revisionism. It threatens to divorce the songs entirely from their emotional, aesthetic, material, and historical contexts. These are dark times.
They're not dark times, they're postmodern times. Pop culture today is all about revision, homage, deconstruction, and ignoring the divide between high and low art. Irrespective of your feelings about where 'Rumours' and 'Glee' lie on that spectrum, this is a tribute to the legacy of 'Fleetwood Mac'. Ryan Murphy and the 'Glee' team are not only saying that the songs are still relevant and important today, but that the personal relationships that informed the songs are part of that legacy. I am a 'younger' Fleetwood Mac fan, although I have been listening to them and Stevie since I was in single digits and rifled through my father's LP collection. I was brought up on a strict diet of classic rock and pop from the sixties through to the eighties and if 'Glee' allows other people my age who didn't have the luxury of that exposure to discover 'Rumours', then I think that is a wonderful thing.

As for turning 'Rumours' into a sitcom narrative - isn't that what the band did anyway? And why we love all those complicated personal relationships within the band? The Stevie/Lindsey dynamic is a huge part of what people remember about Fleetwood Mac.

x
Old 04-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Looks like there's a good possibility the Rumours episode will coincide with the release of Stevie's new album.

"Get ready April Rhodes fans! Kristin returns to the hit series in just a couple of weeks! Tune in on May 3 for a Glee-tastic episode featuring Kristin! ←

The episode that airs May 3rd is the Fleetwood Mac “Rumours” episode, and we already know she will be singing Dreams with Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester)."
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

What an awesome day if this is all true!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Sydney View Post
They're not dark times, they're postmodern times. Pop culture today is all about revision, homage, deconstruction, and ignoring the divide between high and low art. Irrespective of your feelings about where 'Rumours' and 'Glee' lie on that spectrum, this is a tribute to the legacy of 'Fleetwood Mac'. Ryan Murphy and the 'Glee' team are not only saying that the songs are still relevant and important today, but that the personal relationships that informed the songs are part of that legacy. I am a 'younger' Fleetwood Mac fan, although I have been listening to them and Stevie since I was in single digits and rifled through my father's LP collection. I was brought up on a strict diet of classic rock and pop from the sixties through to the eighties and if 'Glee' allows other people my age who didn't have the luxury of that exposure to discover 'Rumours', then I think that is a wonderful thing.

As for turning 'Rumours' into a sitcom narrative - isn't that what the band did anyway? And why we love all those complicated personal relationships within the band? The Stevie/Lindsey dynamic is a huge part of what people remember about Fleetwood Mac.

x
If the phenomenon of Glee proves anything, it's that postmodernism is dead. In fact, I wrote a book about that very subject: The Community of Desire: Selected Works of Criticism (2001-2007).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-16-2011 at 07:50 AM..
Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't really weigh in on the cultural meaning of Glee (does it have to mean anything? It's a cute show). But no question, this is AMAZING promo for Fleetwood Mac and IYD. Think of the effect their version of Landslide had and multiply it by 10 (at least).
Kids aren't just going to hear one song and say, "Hey, that was nice. Wasn't that by the Dixie Chicks?" They'll hear an album of songs they're probably already somewhat familiar with and hear the story behind them. What an amazing opportunity to introduce young people to the Mac--it will majorly increase interest.
As someone who wants this album to be heard, I'm pretty psyched. Great, great news that it will coincide with the release.

Last edited by mezzoforte; 04-16-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like others have said, I see this as a good thing if it introduces more people to FM. Also like that it's an episode based around an album instead of just an artist or a band, that might get kids more interested in listening to an entire album instead of just singles.

Don't think I'll watch the episode, not a Glee fan in the least, but I'm not upset about it. It is what it is.