Peter Who? 5 6.02%
Hangars-On 11 13.25%
Fanboys and Fangirls 5 6.02%
SortaSavageLike 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2006, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm above this all.

.....but voted for the chiffonheads anyway!

Old 07-31-2006, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
those dreaded chiffonheads...Their 'devotion' is very akin to those Trekkers of Star Trek fandom.
and whats WRONG with being a Trekker I wanna know?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a tie between the hanger-on's and the fanboys and girls...
Old 07-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
those dreaded chiffonheads...Their 'devotion' is very akin to those Trekkers of Star Trek fandom.
Got to agree with you there Brian. Nothing worse. I don't think some of them really like the music at all, they just buy into the concept of the dress and behaviour code.

Ah yes the ****onheads, oops, I mean chiffonheads..

If anything I'm probably a borderline Greenie with a small percentage of Buckyhead I guess.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddies? does that mean Christine's fans? Good name.

Gail
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Exclamation

My good sirs!

I so dearly ask forgiveness for creating such a right ruckus. My demeanor is damned uncalled for in this enchanting forum, which is most rightfully arrogated for discussions apropos Fleetwood Mac. Now, if you gentlemen will excuse me, I will take punctual leave, during which I will sample the peerless wines of Europe whilst listening to Warm Ways in a perpetual loop, till I become fatigued and proceed to layeth atop my berth.

Good day!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've changed somewhat in my FM fandom. I used to be just a complete Stevie-can-do-no-wrong chiffonhead. Now I find myself being critical when I feel she needs to be ripped but I also praise her when that's due. In my Burnish days, a Lindsey fan and a Christine fan were my biggest ally and my closest friend.

The people I find irritating are those who appear in the fan gathering of one member to rip him or her to shreds. If you don't like Stevie Nicks, stay out of her fan community! If you can't stand Lindsey Buckingham, don't troll his forum!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well well well...look at what's got the most votes. I make no apologies for my love of God, I mean, Stevie.

I voted for hangers-on.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for "Peter Who?". I don't think there would be FM if it wasn't for Peter. And not just for Peter, what about Kirwan and Spencer?
Close seconds would be Chiffonheads, but for me actually the people who attempt to wear the chiffon a la Stevie. Leave the witchy clothes to Stevie please. Then come the Hangars-On and then General Fan Boy/Girl. I myself would probably fall in the General FanGirl faction. But the only difference I know they had some crap along the way.

"I always return here..."
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been defending my love of Stevie for YEARS. Outside the fan community (ie, in real life) and here in the fan community. So, I'm kind of a pro at being a chiffonhead. That being said, I am the first to admit when Stevie lets me down (which she has over the last few years). So, while I don't think she is utter perfection, I will always worship her, in spite of what is considered "cool" or, whatever. A few people bashing her in a fan forum is nothing compared to listening to someone imitate her in the goat voice- it's so original!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
A few people bashing her in a fan forum is nothing compared to listening to someone imitate her in the goat voice- it's so original!
I know, right!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
well well well...look at what's got the most votes.
Almost half of them, actually. Wow. One of those votes is mine, but it was a tough choice between chiffonheads and Sugar-daddies (they can be a really vicious lot).

Though, in actuality, the one faction I find more annoying (and disturbing) than any other are the hard-core shippers.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have been defending my love of Stevie for YEARS. Outside the fan community (ie, in real life) and here in the fan community. So, I'm kind of a pro at being a chiffonhead. That being said, I am the first to admit when Stevie lets me down (which she has over the last few years).
See I don't think that makes you a chiffonhead. You love Stevie Nicks and her music but you can criticize her mistakes with an open mind and a third person perspective. That makes you a devoted and loyal fan not a nutjob.

A chiffonhead is the Fleetwood Mac equivilent of an idealogical extremist. A musical Al Queda, a Taleban of the rock fan world if you will. They don't understand what the hell they are fighting for but will defend it to the end for no apparent reason. They resort to name calling and abuse if you even dare to question them. I don't think its truly about Stevie Nicks or her music. I think they need a forum to vent and a target audience for it. Every forum has these, I would say, passionate people. Maybe too passionate about their cause to see the bigger picture. So they choose a subject or figure, usually a politician, rock star or movie personality to defend with this passion.

But hey, its better than terrorism right?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Though, in actuality, the one faction I find more annoying (and disturbing) than any other are the hard-core shippers.
Ooh, okay- I am totally with you on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
See I don't think that makes you a chiffonhead. You love Stevie Nicks and her music but you can criticize her mistakes with an open mind and a third person perspective. That makes you a devoted and loyal fan not a nutjob.
Maybe I'm SEMI-chiffonish then. Because I am the only one that can say something unflattering against Stevie- but I don't want to hear it from anyone else! Haha- okay, that's not really true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
A chiffonhead is the Fleetwood Mac equivilent of an idealogical extremist. A musical Al Queda, a Taleban of the rock fan world if you will. They don't understand what the hell they are fighting for but will defend it to the end for no apparent reason. They resort to name calling and abuse if you even dare to question them. I don't think its truly about Stevie Nicks or her music. I think they need a forum to vent and a target audience for it. Every forum has these, I would say, passionate people. Maybe too passionate about their cause to see the bigger picture. So they choose a subject or figure, usually a politician, rock star or movie personality to defend with this passion.

But hey, its better than terrorism right?
I'm definitely not that, and don't know anyone who is, thankfully.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm definitely not that, and don't know anyone who is, thankfully.
I don't either. But I've bumped into at least a couple on this forum over the years. I wouldn't want them to be licensed to carry a firearm..