Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Stevie Nicks.

Because she seems to get the lion's share of credit and fame even if she doesn't deserve it.
um, ok. I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt and move on since I somewhat get your wit. however, that's rather harsh and unnecessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
You know, this doesn't sound bad. Minimal talent, and a voice like a sheep bleating(or is that a goat? ), and yet receive the bulk of attention from the fans. Where do I sign up? I'm all about getting something for nothing!
(alright you Chiffonheads, I'm only partially serious here, so put your guns down!)
since you put in your little disclaimer, you aren't the weakest link...this time.

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 05-04-2006 at 08:37 AM..
Old 05-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I would have been Stevie, and kicked Lindsey in the crotch with my Platform Boots of Death™ until he crumpled to the floor like a sobbing man-baby.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Miss Vicky
This message has been deleted by Miss Vicky.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I don't know. Bob Weston seems like a laid back, good-looking, talented guitarist...

Anyone want to be Bob Brunning
Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Anyone want to be Bob Brunning
That would be like somebody wanting to be Pete Best. No thanks.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
I would have been Stevie, and kicked Lindsey in the crotch with my Platform Boots of Death™ until he crumpled to the floor like a sobbing man-baby.
That's also a little harsh.

But it still made me roll on the floor laughing for about ten minutes.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
That's cheating, you don't get to actually change anything about their lives. If you were Stevie, you'd play the guitar and piano like a five year old taking his first lesson. This is the price you pay.
A) You're not the boss of this thread
B) That's still better than I play both of those things now, so fine.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, since I'm a female, I'll have to go with Stevie. She is beautiful, talented, sweet, and strong. She is the front person of the group which is extremely fun, because you get a lot of attention. She has a very successful, solo career. The only downside I see to Stevie is the fact that she really hasn't had a lasting, romantic relationship with anyone, and of course, the battling addiction part wouldn't be fun either.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
the battling addiction part wouldn't be fun either.
Personally, I doubt anything would be more incandescently pleasurable than to be riding as high as a kite across the stages of the world on the Wild Heart Tour, beloved of millions & living virtually any fantasy one wanted--thanks to one's cocaine supply, one's commercial success, one's allure & one's command of a rock & roll empire.

Of course, one could argue at that point that she wasn't "battling" addiction--she was just careening through it like a bat outta hell.

Still--up until the late '80s when her skin began to slough off--I'd take that experience any time! What could have been bad about it? Imagine the joy & the excitement; every day was literally a thrill.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
A) You're not the boss of this thread

Okay, then I choose to be Stevie, too. Only instead of joining Fleetwood Mac, I would be abducted by aliens in 1974 and taken to their home planet billions of light years away, where they would give me super powers (including, but not limited to: X-ray vision, lasers that shoot out of my hands and burn stuff to a crisp, and the ability to eat like ten baloney sandwiches in one sitting without feeling sick). Then I would come back to earth and fight crime all over the world, but eventually governments would stop supporting my unique brand of vigilante justice, and I would become an outcast and be tempted to use my powers for evil, although I probably wouldn't. Then I would learn all about science and build a time machine, and I would go back in time and marry Napoleon and convince him not to try and invade Russia. And I would spend every day at Versailles sitting in gardens and drinking French coffee and writing my memoir, It's GOOD to be Stevie Nicks! After I published it, I would travel back to the future and collect my huuuuuuuuuuuuuge check for all the copies of my book that had sold in the past 200 years. And I would use that check to buy everyone in the world a Coke, and everyone would be my friend, and we'd have a big dance party at my house. The end.

Great thread, David!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, then I choose to be Stevie, too. Only instead of joining Fleetwood Mac, I would be abducted by aliens in 1974 and taken to their home planet billions of light years away, where they would give me super powers (including, but not limited to: X-ray vision, lasers that shoot out of my hands and burn stuff to a crisp, and the ability to eat like ten baloney sandwiches in one sitting without feeling sick). Then I would come back to earth and fight crime all over the world, but eventually governments would stop supporting my unique brand of vigilante justice, and I would become an outcast and be tempted to use my powers for evil, although I probably wouldn't. Then I would learn all about science and build a time machine, and I would go back in time and marry Napoleon and convince him not to try and invade Russia. And I would spend every day at Versailles sitting in gardens and drinking French coffee and writing my memoir, It's GOOD to be Stevie Nicks! After I published it, I would travel back to the future and collect my huuuuuuuuuuuuuge check for all the copies of my book that had sold in the past 200 years. And I would use that check to buy everyone in the world a Coke, and everyone would be my friend, and we'd have a big dance party at my house. The end.
You are such a punkass
Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great thread, David!
jyqm, you have an incisive way of making your points. I learn much from you, & sometimes I even steal from you!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Personally, I doubt anything would be more incandescently pleasurable than to be riding as high as a kite across the stages of the world on the Wild Heart Tour, beloved of millions & living virtually any fantasy one wanted--thanks to one's cocaine supply, one's commercial success, one's allure & one's command of a rock & roll empire.

Of course, one could argue at that point that she wasn't "battling" addiction--she was just careening through it like a bat outta hell.

Still--up until the late '80s when her skin began to slough off--I'd take that experience any time! What could have been bad about it? Imagine the joy & the excitement; every day was literally a thrill.

I was just saying that when she finally had to battle her addiction that it couldn't have been pleasant. Therefore, a part of her life that would be a negative, silly.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 05-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
jyqm, you have an incisive way of making your points. I learn much from you, & sometimes I even steal from you!
Likewise, chief.

(Use it wisely!)
Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Great thread, David!
That was so overstated as to be ludicrous, and so did not support your point.
Stevie does play guitar and piano. Besides, I said that's fine if I'm exactly like her, because she still plays better than me.
You don't have to get so lame just cause I say you're not the boss of the thread.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
That was so overstated as to be ludicrous, and so did not support your point.
Stevie does play guitar and piano. Besides, I said that's fine if I'm exactly like her, because she still plays better than me.
You don't have to get so lame just cause I say you're not the boss of the thread.
OMG your so jelous.

It's okay, not everybody can have lasers that shoot out of their hands and burn things to a crisp and be married to Napoleon.