Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Enjoy your bowel gangrene.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if I'm going to be a rock star I don't want to play it completely safe. I'd like to experience some of the excitement and drama that goes with the title but still have some sanity left to have a decent life.

So I'd have to be Lindsey.

I would then be : a superb musician, a great, gifted songwriter, a fantastic studio geek (in a good way), the creator of ootc, a good looking man, decent sportsman, very rich and famous without it being too instrusive.
I'd have tried the drugs and partying to be able to say I did it but still come through to have a family life and gorgeous kids. Plus I'd have Stevie's undying love.

Being female i would have liked to have chosen Stevie : for her ability to write soul wrenching songs, her unique style, her fabulous wardrobe, and loyal army of fans but I wouldn't have been able to stomach sleeping with any of her men (except Lindsey) and the whole drugs thing was too much.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul

I would then be : a superb musician, a great, gifted songwriter, a fantastic studio geek (in a good way), the creator of ootc, a good looking man, decent sportsman, very rich and famous without it being too instrusive.
I'd have tried the drugs and partying to be able to say I did it but still come through to have a family life and gorgeous kids. Plus I'd have Stevie's undying love.
Very well summed up.
The last bit espesh.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
You know, my initial reaction was Stevie, but I dunno...Chris seems so much more stable and together. Chris could command her own instrument, was a seasoned musician and songwriter, and had a cool, level-headed composure about her that seemed to garner much more respect among the other members of the group. Sure she was a bit of a doormat in relationships (Dennis Wilson) and wrote sappy love songs, but all in all I think I could be friends with her more easily than Stevie. Chris also seems to have a funny, easygoing way about her that's probably more in line with my own personality, whereas Stevie was waaaay more high maintenence and very much of a drama queen (hard to handle). I love Stevie though, and I love to watch (and hear) her go through her drama, I just wouldn't want to LIVE that drama I don't think.
I agree.. I thought in Stevie at first but then, I choose Christine

even though I'm a guy, I don't know why Lindsey is not an option
Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie. duh.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first instinct would be to say John. To have been on the breakout albums of Eric Clapton, Peter Green, and Stevie Nicks and not be at all phased by it is nothing but cool. He's been a major player in the history of rock. He really hasn't gotten the credit that I think he's due, but I also don't think he really cares that much, which is but one of the reasons I love the guy! The issues with alcohol would be tough, though.

Which, is why I think I'd rather be Rick Vito. He might not be the superstar, but he's a very respected guitarist in the guitar community (a VERY picky crowd), he's had the big gigs, and he's been on hit records (I wonder how he feels about that "Like A Rock" riff that Chevy beat into the ground?). To get to play the big gigs, but still go to McDonald's with the wife and kids without being hunted down by autograph seekers and paparazzi is really the best of both worlds. To have done as much as he's done and received the respect he's gotten over the years and still be a nice, normal, humble, down-to-earth guy speaks volumes.

(Note: While I realize Clapton was already a popular musician with the Yardbirds, it wasn't until he was with Mayall that he became a guitar god.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
My initial thought was Peter Green...but I wouldn't want to have had his demons...but, I definitely would want his guitar virtuosity.

Actually, it would be either Bob Welch or Rick Vito.
Chili PM-ed me and said he really wanted to be Lindsey Buckingham, but not to tell anyone because he loves Lindsey and he secretly feels that Lindsey's "Here Comes the Sun" IS superior to Harrison's. He also said that the Stevie/Lindsey lineup of the band is the "only" Fleetwood Mac he listens too.......*dead silence*.......... and I concur! hahahahaha
Old 05-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

well, of course, the hopeless romantic in me says stevie. for all the reasons everyone can guess.

but, man. that woman endured a lot of misery and a lot of heartache! would i want to have been coked out of my head for the better part of a decade? then addicted to klonopin? no thanks. would i have wanted to endure the break ups she did? and end up alone and childless? (trust me - that prospect is scary)

yes, i would have loved to be able to write some of the songs she did..

but, i would also have loved to be able to play guitar like lindsey... though i wouldn't want his life either.

bottom line? i wouldn't have wanted to BE any of them. i would have loved to live the life that stevie and lindsey lived in the 60s and 70s. i woul dhave loved the be a struggling musician who was finally heard. but i think i'll stick with being me.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks.

Because she seems to get the lion's share of credit and fame even if she doesn't deserve it.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Stevie Nicks.

Because she seems to get the lion's share of credit and fame even if she doesn't deserve it.
Saucer of milk to Table 5!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Saucer of milk to Table 5!

and a drink to the nice Italian gentleman in the corner....from me.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Well I don't know ....

I wonder the same thing: do these folks picking Stevie realize that they would have to open wide for the likes of Paul Fishkin, Jimmy Iovine, Waddy Wachtel, Joe Walsh, Les Dudek, etc. etc.?
Ah, finally my training would pay off.
I don't care what Stevie went through, her life is still way better than mine, and all the other Mac members as far as I can tell. She's also more attractive. Coincidence? No. So there were some addictions - I'd say the fun far, far outweighed the bad. I mean she got to sing with Tom Petty, and bunches of other cool people. And she got to sleep with many of them, as well.
I think it's funny that some people chose some members because they had "stable" lives or could travel around unrecognized. Hello, my real life is already like that - the fun of being rich and famous and attractive and talented is being rich and famous and attractive and talented. Also, imagine your job was singing all the time? I sing all the time for free in front of no one, if I got paid for it I'd be the happiest person in the world.
Plus, if I was Stevie I would've practiced the guitar and/or piano.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 05-03-2006 at 11:52 PM..
Old 05-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Enjoy your bowel gangrene.

Eww...honestly, I don't think I'd actually want to BE any of them. I mean, as obsessed as I am with their music, they've all had some major f*ck-ups in their lives which I wouldn't want to experience. Personally, I'd just like to be me and join the band.

Sigh...in my dreams
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Stevie Nicks.

You know, this doesn't sound bad. Minimal talent, and a voice like a sheep bleating(or is that a goat? ), and yet receive the bulk of attention from the fans. Where do I sign up? I'm all about getting something for nothing!
(alright you Chiffonheads, I'm only partially serious here, so put your guns down!)
Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Plus, if I was Stevie I would've practiced the guitar and/or piano.
That's cheating, you don't get to actually change anything about their lives. If you were Stevie, you'd play the guitar and piano like a five year old taking his first lesson. This is the price you pay.