The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone describe how many and what kind of backup musicians they are using? I saw they have the dude on the keyboard, and that's probably a necessary thing unless Stevie is gonna take some lessons and put herself behind one. But do they really have an additional guitarist?? How rediculous!
Old 04-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You'll never get rid of the backup band at this point...

I know for one thing, Ray Lindsey has played acoustic guitar during GYOW as far back as the Rumours tour. Aside from the Mirage Tour, Stevie hasn't been without the girls in the back since before her '81 solo tour.

Personally, I think that Mick and John could up the pace a little bit and make the songs sound better in live-form. And during Peacekeeper, it almost seems that during the solo at the end, they need to stop all that "peacekeeper take your time....WAIT for the dark of night" crap. Just do the damn solo Lindsey and rock the place!
Old 04-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Just because it wasn't her song, that didn't mean she couldn't put passion into it. She's in a GROUP, someone elses song should be treated as her own. She should put 100% into what she's doing.
You're right, she should put 100% into any performance, whether it's her song or not.
But in my opinion, she did put 100% into it last night... while keeping within her part of the song.
Her harmony in "Peacekeeper" really doesn't allow for any branching out, or any of that intensity that people are expecting/wanting. Which is what I was referring to when I said that her part doesn't require "passion."

So I don't see her performance as listless or boring... I see it as being suitably subdued, because that's what's required of her in that particular song.
Stevie not performing "passionately," doesn't inherently mean that she's disinterested, or not giving her all... she was just stepping back and giving Lindsey room to shine on his song.
Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
There was no excuse whatsoever for those RAL era costumes she wore, they were atrocious. They were so ugly they made peoples eyes hurt! So, comments made about those were justified. Nowadays though, she has completely gotten rid of her image and style.
I'm guessing you mean her 'Other Side Of The Mirror' wardrobe, as her attire on the 'Rock A Little' tour really wasn't that much different than what she had been wearing on previous tours.

Again though, this is one of those "damned if you, damned if you don't" kinda things. Some fans and rock journalists (including Rolling Stone) had been criticizing Stevie around 1986, for still wearing all the chiffon and shawls from yesteryear, so on the 'Tango' and 'Mirror' tours she shook things up a bit, wearing those bolero jackets and silk robes in various colors.
But then, she was ridiculed for that too!

Personally, I wish she'd wear that off-the-shoulder number from the "Seven Wonders" video again. That always got my blood-boiling, and I play for the other team!
Old 04-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
You're right, she should put 100% into any performance, whether it's her song or not.
But in my opinion, she did put 100% into it last night... while keeping within her part of the song.
Her harmony in "Peacekeeper" really doesn't allow for any branching out, or any of that intensity that people are expecting/wanting. Which is what I was referring to when I said that her part doesn't require "passion."

So I don't see her performance as listless or boring... I see it as being suitably subdued, because that's what's required of her in that particular song.
Stevie not performing "passionately," doesn't inherently mean that she's disinterested, or not giving her all... she was just stepping back and giving Lindsey room to shine on his song.
I'm guessing you mean her 'Other Side Of The Mirror' wardrobe, as her attire on the 'Rock A Little' tour really wasn't that much different than what she had been wearing on previous tours.

Again though, this is one of those "damned if you, damned if you don't" kinda things. Some fans and rock journalists (including Rolling Stone) had been criticizing Stevie around 1986, for still wearing all the chiffon and shawls from yesteryear, so on the 'Tango' and 'Mirror' tours she shook things up a bit, wearing those bolero jackets and silk robes in various colors.
But then, she was ridiculed for that too!

Personally, I wish she'd wear that off-the-shoulder number from the "Seven Wonders" video again. That always got my blood-boiling, and I play for the other team!
If you liked her performance, that's all that matters But even on the album version she sung with more passion and oomph! LOL

Nope, I'm referring to the RAL tour costumes. That was the beginning of the end. She didn't wear shawls, she wore carpets!! By the time OSOTM rolled around, she had those gawd awful overcoats with the shoulderpads the size of Mount St. Helens! I must agree with you on the Seven Wonders dress: HOT!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a number she wore in the Wild Heart days, sheer lace sleeves with yoke under them, lacy neck, black overall dress. I dont think she'd fit into it anymore! She looked GREAT in it though!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm concerned
Old 04-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I finally saw the tape from last night,

& I'm mad b/c my tape cut off at the end of the song. Why can't this show ever go off when it's supposed to which I believe is one hour? Well, anyway, I didn't see anything wrong with their performance except that Lindsey & Stevie looked tired (maybe they're still on the West coast time). Or maybe it's b/c they can't stay up past midnight anymore, like me. But they looked good. (Yeah, Stevie could use a trim.) Maybe it's just me, but I think Stevie & Lindsey should stand a little closer together on stage. They just look so far apart; maybe b/c Christine isn't there, I don't know.

It says in my TV Guide that Lisa Marie Presley is the musical guest tonight, so we shall see I guess.

Lee